User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Playfulness and indifference (it just looks like something chaotic between nihilism and cynicism though). I'm the opposite of those people who are hard outside and soft inside. People always tend to peg me as being more sensitive than I am and I usually just let it happen because they'll figure out I'm not eventually.

「」

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lazarus View Post
    Playfulness
    I noticed a sister of mine engage in theatrical playfulness and exhibit over-the-top amiability when she's around people she does not like as if she's hosting a show. She would laugh with them, joke with them, and eventually, they seem to think that she likes them until they hit her next layer of armor which is avoidance. Only then they start to get a fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    I noticed a sister of mine engage in theatrical playfulness and exhibit over-the-top amiability when she's around people she does not like as if she's hosting a show. She would laugh with them, joke with them, and eventually, they seem to think that she likes them until they hit her next layer of armor which is avoidance. Only then they start to get a fucking clue.
    Haha that sounds quite eerie. I can't pretend to like people I don't like at all, I don't usually see the point. I think I'm more about provocation through playfulness when I'm not quite sure about things. That is, in order (ideally) to bring things and the conflict out into the open.

「」

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    I kinda do this. I am polite to everyone unless I witness them attack someone directly.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My reasonableness (usually far exceeding my actual emotions about something), my sense of humor, and (depending on how bad things are) distance -- I just add space.

yes, I have sometimes had that issue where someone seems to think I like them because I can get along with them while I am realizing I don't really like them at all. But I have been trying to let my bitch card fly more often just to not be misleading. (Yeah, there I am making jokes again. But it's true, I've noticed I've allowed myself to get into it with folks rather than remaining detached and distant and pleasant all the time.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Metis, SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

idgaf
    Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I wear headphones; most get the hint to leave me alone. On the rare occasion when headphones aren't enough, I'll walk away but if it's a pushy panhandler, I sometimes growl.
    Bob Cratchit, you're Fired!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Cool, jail's a great career goal.
    Yeah you wouldn't understand sorry

MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Cynicism.

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I kinda do this. I am polite to everyone unless I witness them attack someone directly.
    Similarly to you, I don't tolerate those who are quick to judge, reek the halitosis of hypocrisy, meddle in someone else's affairs, sycophants, bullies...etc.

I agree with you. There are times where politeness is necessary, however, it manifests for me as this:

Only because the other person is weak emotionally and might not handle the cold truth.