• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've Discovered a New Phobia

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I checked Google and could not find a phobia name for what I am about to describe.

This guy I work with in the office/helpdesk environment was recognized by me some time ago to be a phobic 6 either as a primary type or as a wing. He likes to talk politics, not that it matters for this post, and describes himself in terms that I would call "left-wing libertarian." He laughs easily, likes to joke around, and has an obnoxious laugh. I'm not saying this makes him a 6 or a 7, I'm just giving an idea about his personality. I believe his MBTI is ENFP. He's quite brilliant at his job but he often criticizes company policy. He believes in socialized medicine but wants it to be run by a very minimal government. He doesn't explain how this is possible. I guess that just imagining it working out and surviving makes it possible to him. I've known many people who have an idea of how "the world" should work, but there's never a plan for getting there.

About his phobia: I don't remember the context of the discussion because we both tend to change subjects very rapidly in a free-association of ideas. But somehow he got around to talking about his phobia. He said that his phobia is fear of having his eyeballs being eaten by a cat. A typical scenario that he fears goes something like this: He is working on the roof of his house but then falls off the roof and lies there paralyzed from the neck down. He is still conscious, but worse, he is conscious of the cats that are coming to feast on his eyeballs while he is helpless to do anything about it.

He owns a house cat, and he says sometimes his cat comes around to stare right into his eyes. He then shoos it away because he imagines it wanting to eat his eyeballs.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
giphy.gif

AvTl9BE.gif"]AvTl9BE.gif

Amberiat

Infinity
Must have read some weird creepypasta about that and it stuck with him. Rest in peace sanity.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Must have read some weird creepypasta about that and it stuck with him. Rest in peace sanity.

The creepy pasta is real. *pats you with salad fingers*