• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychopaths

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone have any former lovers or family members or other run ins with people that turned out to be psychopaths?

Quick list of traits:

glib and superficial charm
grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
need for stimulation
pathological lying
cunning and manipulativeness
lack of remorse or guilt
superficial expression of emotion
callousness and lack of empathy
parasitic lifestyle
poor behavioural controls
sexual promiscuity
early behaviour problems
lack of realistic long-term goals
impulsive irresponsibility
failure to accept responsibility for own actions
many short-term marital relationships
juvenile delinquency
revocation of conditional release
criminal versatility

I discovered that my ex was a psychopath 6 months into a relationship that was filled with the signs the entire time, but I never quite realized that they all pointed to something common enough to be classified. Although she went through all the proper motions, I never felt 'connected' to her in a genuine way, and consequentially kept most of my feelings guarded instinctively, which paid off in the end. It wasn't until I was finally able to understand what she was that I was able to retire the relationship and move on, prior to that there was just too much room for doubt and false assumptions based on a commonality of human nature that was uncommonly missing from her.

I'm going to outline how the relationship progressed and all of the red flags that accompanied it, and I hope other people with similar tales will also share. My experience might be rare, as I've heard that men are statistically more likely to have the disorder, but that may not be right. I also have some general questions about certain bits of behavior on her part that don't make sense on the surface for a psychopath, but I'm sure there is a self serving reason to them somewhere.

I met the girl through her mother, whose home I was working on. Her mother thinks very highly of me, and I suspect her primary motivations for hunting me had to do with her mother's approval, as she happened to be on a kick of trying to win it back after devastating her by lying to CPS about her when she was 17 and disappearing for 4 years without contact seemingly out of nowhere. Physically she was the most unassuming predator one could imagine- super petite, young, even younger looking- spunky, somehow into all the eccentric things I was into. This should have been my first red flag, but it wasn't.

On our first date we fucked in a hammock. In a local public park. In broad daylight. This should have been my second red flag, but it wasn't. She was still very charming and normal-seeming. Maybe a bit passionate.

Within a few days she had moved into my house without really any input from me. This should have been my third red flag, but again it was not. Things were perfect for a few weeks.

Then the cracks started to appear and I began to notice odd things. I noticed that almost everything she said was borrowed from somewhere else. Memes. Quotes. Phrases heard from other people. She also had zero interest in films or stories that were character driven. She began to get agitated, which she would try to mask by projecting excitement instead, but it was obvious that there was some kind of deep rage and anger to her with a very forced and rehearsed insincerity layered on top of it. This is about the time when I began collecting my feelings and hording them from her. Shortly after that was the first time she disappeared, leaving most of her belongings in my apartment.

When she came back I got the sob story of all the rape and abuse she suffered growing up, so for the sake of argument I took her back as long as she understood that disappearing for a week is not allowed. A month later, she did it again. And then again a month later. It became a pattern that I tolerated, because she'd always come back, and around the time leading up to her leaving she was insufferable- so the break was welcome. She'd grow increasingly arrogant and condescending, prone to terrible moods and fits of anxiety and rage at little things and other people around (like drivers).

On weeks that she'd leave I'd visit with her mother. It was then that I learned something serious was wrong with her, but not what exactly. She was impulsive, reckless, manipulative, and cold to the core. She had stories of frightening rage and unconscionable acts. They contracted the sweet persona she wore most of the time. I'd remember little bits of off-hand comments she made that didn't make sense at the time, but suddenly started to: "I'm not even sure I CAN love anyone." "I'm a flight risk." "I'm angry, all the time." "I feel like Jekyll and Hyde." "I'm a total adrenaline junkie."

One night she got up in the middle of the night and crashed her very fancy vehicle (that she had a loan on she would never pay off in a million years) by racing it around corners in the snow. Losing this object had a devastating affect on her ego, and she more or less vanished for good (on both me and her mother, whom she had a fresh falling out with) so that she could devote her time and resources to what I can only assume was as much fresh and easy prey as she could get to earn her ego back. I gave her her usual space and waited for the eventual return to come around, but it didn't happen. I messaged her to see how she was doing a couple weeks later and she said that she was in the ER. I asked if she was alright, and she said she was there supporting a friend whose uncle was having a heart attack. I said that I hoped he was ok, and she said that she did too, "but if he dies I get a house out of the deal, so that's cool." I was severely taken aback by the callousness of this comment, not to mention confused by it, and called her out on it- to which she responded over the top negatively and blocked me. I assumed she must have charmed some old dude into giving her some property or something. At this point I simply determined that she was a terrible human being, so I decided that the next time she came back I'd just give her her things and let her move on.

A week passed and I read an obituary for a good friend of mine that died at 54 of complications after a heart attack. I attended his memorial service with some friends, and there sitting with the family arm in arm with my good friend's nephew was my ex. Suddenly I was hit with memories of talking to my friend- about how if he were ever to die he was leaving everything to his nephew, because he was the only family he had that was worth anything- and everything made sense. She didn't block me out of anger, she blocked me to prevent any visitations with me from sabotaging her chances at stealing my friend's inheritance. Did I mention they were also engaged? That poor, poor bastard. The ex and I never spoke at the service, and made eye contact only once for a fraction of a second. The entire memorial service she bounced around having a great time, eyes like a doll. It sincerely frightened me.

I'm thoroughly convinced she's a psychopath, but there was one event that stands out to me that doesn't quite add up- though I'm sure it does somehow. We were engaged in makeup sex after one of her disappearances and she had a particularly strong orgasm. She collapsed on top of me sobbing. Eventually it turned into laughter and she declared aloud "You are so fucked! You're stuck with me forever." When I asked her what she was crying about, she said she felt a sudden terrible sadness at how awful she was towards me and how bad she squandered my affections, and that the sudden orgasmic release must have pushed all of those feelings out of her. Was this likely a lie? Why the tears?

I also caught her crying during the end of Titanic, and maybe one other movie I forced her to watch against her will. Is this empathy chosen to be turned on briefly? I can't quite reconcile it with what I currently know of psychopathy.

That about wraps it up for me. I'm curious to hear other people's stories, or any bits of insight or comment on the situation I just experienced.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah... :hi:

When you deal with psychopaths brute force is solution for everything that is what I learned from last years.
They understand only that form of conversation no matter what they say about themselves. :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are missing out some key elements here. Psychopathy has been glammed up repeatedly and is sometimes something teen boys aspire to without realising what it actually is.

Primary it is a learning disability and the majority of psychopaths are below average intelligence. This leaves a huge gulf between the expectation of what psychopaths are capable of and what they are actually capable of. The t.v hyped psychopath is really very few and far between. Much like the autistic savant.

Edit: That was just a general comment after looking at the traits of a psychopath. On a more personal level it sounds, from the info given, that she is highly unstable and manipulative. Sociopaths are much better at this than psychopaths though I understand there is some definition changes to these labels so it's hard to separate them. But also yeah, you had a lucky escape, maybe write the friend a letter/email if you are really concerned about them?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah... :hi: When you deal with psychopaths brute force is solution for everything that is what I learned from last years. They understand only that form of conversation no matter what they say about themselves. :)
Ironically I was targeted by a second psychopath almost immediately after I was done with the first, and more ironic still this one had almost the exact same physical makeup- petite, young, even younger looking (so much so that I actually gave her one of the jackets my ex left behind because it fit her so well). But since I had been researching psychopathy, I was able to deduce what she was almost immediately. After I informed her that she was probably a clinical psychopath and proved it with numerous questions she couldn't wiggle around, she got this rare look of defeat and anxiety to her. She had been interested in talking about herself on the subject the whole while, but at some point I think she realized how exposed she suddenly was and regretted it. The last thing she said before she left was that we should do this again sometime, and by morning I was blocked on all fronts. I think smaller weaker psychos might go for flight when the bigger stronger ones might go for fight. Either way, calling them out seems to be a pretty good way to get rid of the female ones at least.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ironically I was targeted by a second psychopath almost immediately after I was done with the first, and more ironic still this one had almost the exact same physical makeup- petite, young, even younger looking (so much so that I actually gave her one of the jackets my ex left behind because it fit her so well). But since I had been researching psychopathy, I was able to deduce what she was almost immediately. After I informed her that she was probably a clinical psychopath and proved it with numerous questions she couldn't wiggle around, she got this rare look of defeat and anxiety to her. She had been interested in talking about herself on the subject the whole while, but at some point I think she realized how exposed she suddenly was and regretted it. The last thing she said before she left was that we should do this again sometime, and by morning I was blocked on all fronts. I think smaller weaker psychos might go for flight when the bigger stronger ones might go for fight. Either way, calling them out seems to be a pretty good way to get rid of the female ones at least.

Psychopaths love to invent their story and pass to other people while they are acting vulnerability. Plus be psychopath and woman in the same time it is grate armed weapon because man can easily fell for her lying tears. :dry:

Lark

Psychopaths love to invent their story and pass to other people while they are acting vulnerability. Plus be psychopath and woman in the same time it is grate armed weapon because man can easily fell for her lying tears. :dry:

Sounds like you're another wonder with the ladies Norexan.

I know that there's always the possibility that you guys all know each other a bit better than a single thread of this kind could give away but I tend to think that a single post like the OP wouldnt really be enough for me to guess its all to be taken at face value, even if it were there's plenty within that of a self-disclosure nature which does not exactly cast the OP themselves reporting someone else as a psychopath as exactly making responsible, sensible choices.

If from the get go the story goes that the lady in question was possibly emotionally troubled why did they pursue them further? They had a physically intimate relationship despite the fact that they've indicated strongly that they were not committed, emotionally intimate or connected that much from what I can tell, the rest of the time spent with this person seems to have been an exercise in defensive fact finding and confirmation bias.

Sometimes its a good idea to remain single until you're ready for a relationship is all I'm saying, and when you're single is the perfect opportunity to question whether you could do some work on your self, for yourself.

rav3n

It's impossible to diagnose anyone with so little information and solely from a second party's perspective who has reasons to have a negative perspective for the subject in question. But are you sure she wasn't substance abusing? The recklessness and disappearances might point to this.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sounds like you're another wonder with the ladies Norexan.

When you come on front of psychopathic woman you will never know what she feels and that's main problem. She can convince a man with her lying tongue and tears very easily and first protector coming in. Not every, but let's assume she did this to only three man and you will be on corner. Invented stories about someone, passes to next person..wow what a healthy person. I sow this numerous times how this is happening to other people and I am disgusted.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
FYI- this is in the psychology subforum, not the advice subforum. I know it's too much to ask to forgo the personal attacks and flaming, but I'm asking anyway.

Just want to hear from people with experience dealing with psychopaths/sociopaths/NPD.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It's impossible to diagnose anyone with so little information and solely from a second party's perspective who has reasons to have a negative perspective for the subject in question. But are you sure she wasn't substance abusing? The recklessness and disappearances might point to this.

She meets every hallmark of a psychopath, I know her well enough for that. I mean, it's just blatantly obvious. About 1000 details I didn't bother mentioning. I don't think she is even aware of what she is, though. No substance abuse, other than alcohol occasionally. She is the first confirmed psychopath I've ever met or had relations with in my multiple decades of adulthood. The rarity holds.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My aunt (through marriage) stalked my uncle when he was dating another woman. Then she stalked that woman, scared her off, and then magicked herself into prime girlfriend position with my uncle before he could figure out what happened. Prior to meeting my uncle she was a wild child who ran away from home from 14-18 and took up with a biker gang. While dating my uncle, she "found Jesus" somewhere, like on a piece of toast, and became a born again (like 50 times) Christian and got him to join her in some cult.

They got married, she got pregnant. Baby was born dead. They had a second son, this one alive but with problems. Then a daughter. When the son was 6 she decided to go driving (speeding) in an ice storm and wrapped her car around a telephone pole in a rural area. Son killed instantly. Herself, daughter, and neighbor's kid, ok.

Had a fourth child to replace dead child, a girl.

Uncle gets call five years later from her therapist telling him to leave the house ASAP because his wife was coming home to kill him. He finally exits the marriage and tells us all what had been going on for so many years.

Stillborn son: she threatened suicide when pregnant with first kid if my uncle left her. She hit her stomach and took weird chemicals to punish him. Told him she would threw herself down stairs if he left, and would tell everyone he abused her.
Car accident: she had had a fight with my uncle the morning of this ice storm. The police were going to charge her but didn't have enough evidence. Told my uncle they suspected she did it on purpose.

Therapist diagnosis: borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, a host of other things.

When he was divorcing her she sent a long letter to all of us to tell us "her side" of the story. And then dropped by unannounced to anyone she could find to try and explain in person.

Creepiest part: when they divorced they had to sell their house because she cleaned out all of the joint bank accounts as a way to blackmail him. It was a 3 bedroom house... Master bedroom, room for the daughters to sleep in together (despite huge age gap) and................... a room, excuse me, shrine to my dead cousin. Everything left the way it had been the morning he died. A couple of years before they divorced they had been sleeping in separate bedrooms because my uncle was afraid of her and leaving her with their daughters. So he slept in the masterbedroom with the door covered by an armoire every night, and she slept.... in the bed of her dead son.

I can't the millennium falcon fast enough to get away from her.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
My aunt (through marriage) stalked my uncle when he was dating another woman. Then she stalked that woman, scared her off, and then magicked herself into prime girlfriend position with my uncle before he could figure out what happened. Prior to meeting my uncle she was a wild child who ran away from home from 14-18 and took up with a biker gang. While dating my uncle, she "found Jesus" somewhere, like on a piece of toast, and became a born again (like 50 times) Christian and got him to join her in some cult.

They got married, she got pregnant. Baby was born dead. They had a second son, this one alive but with problems. Then a daughter. When the son was 6 she decided to go driving (speeding) in an ice storm and wrapped her car around a telephone pole in a rural area. Son killed instantly. Herself, daughter, and neighbor's kid, ok.

Had a fourth child to replace dead child, a girl.

Uncle gets call five years later from her therapist telling him to leave the house ASAP because his wife was coming home to kill him. He finally exits the marriage and tells us all what had been going on for so many years.

Stillborn son: she threatened suicide when pregnant with first kid if my uncle left her. She hit her stomach and took weird chemicals to punish him. Told him she would threw herself down stairs if he left, and would tell everyone he abused her.
Car accident: she had had a fight with my uncle the morning of this ice storm. The police were going to charge her but didn't have enough evidence. Told my uncle they suspected she did it on purpose.

Therapist diagnosis: borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, a host of other things.

When he was divorcing her she sent a long letter to all of us to tell us "her side" of the story. And then dropped by unannounced to anyone she could find to try and explain in person.

Creepiest part: when they divorced they had to sell their house because she cleaned out all of the joint bank accounts as a way to blackmail him. It was a 3 bedroom house... Master bedroom, room for the daughters to sleep in together (despite huge age gap) and................... a room, excuse me, shrine to my dead cousin. Everything left the way it had been the morning he died. A couple of years before they divorced they had been sleeping in separate bedrooms because my uncle was afraid of her and leaving her with their daughters. So he slept in the masterbedroom with the door covered by an armoire every night, and she slept.... in the bed of her dead son.

I can't the millennium falcon fast enough to get away from her.

Ho. Lee. Shitttttt. Man, your poor uncle. Heart goes out to him. Mine is nowhere near as bad, but she didn't have borderline. I'm so glad I got out before too much was lost. She definitely wanted to get knocked up and married like right away, which I was not interested in that quick.

From what I gather the recklessness and impulsivity starts early on as a teenager. The other psychopath I met likes to drive down to the Flint ghetto and go drinking (tiny 12 year old looking white girl). Said someone picked her up once and started carrying her away but some other dudes fought him off. Also said someone started shooting a handgun out the window of a car she was riding in after the bar. My ex liked to race Subaru's down snowmobile trails in the woods at 50 mph. Went with her once. Was terrifying, glad I'm not dead.

Not exactly sure if my first girlfriend and one other were psychopaths per se but the first was probably bpd and the fourth crayZ of some variety.

Edit: Upon doing further research, first girlfriend was definitely BPD.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Anyone have any former lovers or family members or other run-ins with people that turned out to be psychopaths?

glib and superficial charm
grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
need for stimulation
pathological lying
cunning and manipulativeness
lack of remorse or guilt
superficial expression of emotion
callousness and lack of empathy
parasitic lifestyle
poor behavioural controls
sexual promiscuity
early behaviour problems
lack of realistic long-term goals
impulsive irresponsibility
failure to accept responsibility for own actions
many short-term marital relationships
juvenile delinquency
revocation of conditional release
criminal versatility

Yes. Raised by a psychopathic parent, abused by him for 25 years. I won't go into all of that list, but a few examples...

GIB AND SUPERFICIAL CHARM
That guy could be angry, emotionally abusing, logically manipulating, outside in the parking lot of a place and then walk into the public space with a smile on and literally make the entire room laugh and light up.

GRANDIOSITY
Always, always, always had to be above everyone. Loses jobs over this, cannot hold one because he cannot handle being beneath a boss in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Always has to be in control, always thinks he can do everything better, thinks he's the best man on the job, the most skilled at anything, the smartest...things like having conversations with professional psychologists he meets while he's out and about and without any formal training and barely any reading, thinks he knows more than them all.

PARASITIC LIFESTYLE (+MANIPULATION, +OTHERS ON THE LIST)
Mooches off of others because he cannot hold jobs. Manipulates them into giving him their resources, even if it is detrimental to them, takes advantage of their kindness. For example, when I was 19 he manipulated me into being isolated from social contacts and trusting him...ONLY him. By the time I was 20, I was in college as a psychology major and working an undergrad job. He manipulated me into thinking that psychology was fake and psychologists were manipulative, and only after your paychecks, and all of the shit I was studying was inaccurate and they didn't know what they were talking about; then, his abuse got so bad that my grades were suffering because I didn't have time to do homework or go over any of my materials, and I was struggling to focus while I was in school...so I left with the intentions of returning when I could focus on my school more. He then convinced me to first help him work his odd jobs / side jobs (many of which he did illegally, such as electric, which he had 0 training in, but since he's so grandiose he would just think he knows it all and can do it all just fine...) meanwhile I was making no money myself off of it myself. Later on I got a different job, as I'd lost the other in between all of this time, and he manipulated me into giving him thousands of dollars, almost everything I was earning. I paid off the child support he owed, which should have gone toward supporting me earlier in my teen years, and then I had so little money left for myself that I was unable to provide for myself sufficiently and lost my car when it broke down and I couldn't repair it, which also meant I lost the job I had because I had to use my car to perform the job, but basically I got hours cut and moved to a different position that paid less. I ended up getting a second job, which he would transport me to and from, but then he was abusing me emotionally/mentally all the way there and back, and sometimes his abuse would make me late because he lacked any consideration for my time and resources, only cared about his own. He would also then gaslight, etc. and manipulate me into thinking that it was my own fault I was late, not his. I was still crying my eyes out uncontrollably because of all of his abusive anger, frustration, and rage, by the time I arrived to work, so I would walk in late that way and be angry or in a shitty mood all the time, which impacted my socialization with coworkers and bosses. The lateness ended up getting me fired in the end...but until then, he was taking all of the money that I made from that job also, for his bills and needs, and manipulated me using warped logic into thinking I was selfish, etc. if I didn't, and basically that it was fair to give it to him and I kind of owed it to him somehow. In hindsight I have no idea how I actually got taken advantage of, all I can say is I'm not the only one, he feeds on every woman he meets the same way, and they all fall for the shit too somehow. They are very good at logical manipulation. Mine liked to throw in criticisms of my logic, convince me I was too logically incompetent to "find my way out of a wet paper bag," he told me, and added a ton of emotional invalidation to the mix...which basically, as a combination, left me in a place where he was always in the right and his logic triumphed over all things.

I still was unable to provide for my own needs because he was taking everything I had from working 2 jobs. Meanwhile, he was going into my other job and getting in peoples' faces and intimidating them deliberately to act "protective" of me and feed to his own grandiosity while feeding me lies about how coworkers were toward me in order to keep me socially isolated. The "protective" bit where he was getting in peoples' faces and snarling, threatening, etc. was probably also to keep me socially isolated.

Oh, and the entire time he was doing all of this, he had me convinced that I was the horrible piece of shit he was helping and teaching ("repgrogramming my brain" as he himself called it), when actually what he was doing was abusing.

If I called him out on his shit he'd get angry and defensive, start using warped logic, or he'd pull out crocodile tears and say "thanks for judging me" to make me feel guilty.

There is a LOT of shit behind all of that list and it all ties in together. He has literally every single thing on that list. All of them. If I tried to go into them all this post would be entirely too long and it would probably take me several days to write it.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
She meets every hallmark of a psychopath, I know her well enough for that. I mean, it's just blatantly obvious. About 1000 details I didn't bother mentioning. I don't think she is even aware of what she is, though. No substance abuse, other than alcohol occasionally. She is the first confirmed psychopath I've ever met or had relations with in my multiple decades of adulthood. The rarity holds.
Interesting. Mine has some vague idea. Says he's always been different, and that emotionally he's like a machine, and how as a kid people used to comment on that. He refers to himself as a high-functioning sociopath...which he doesn't realize is basically the same thing as a psychopath because they have the added superficial charm, etc.

Last time I talked to him he said he wishes there was some book that could teach him how to manipulate people according to personality type. Sometimes I'm honestly extremely glad typology is not scientifically proven or more accurate. I think that ambiguity protects people.

Ho. Lee. Shitttttt. Man, your poor uncle. Heart goes out to him. Mine is nowhere near as bad, but she didn't have borderline. I'm so glad I got out before too much was lost. She definitely wanted to get knocked up and married like right away, which I was not interested in that quick.

From what I gather the recklessness and impulsivity starts early on as a teenager. The other psychopath I met likes to drive down to the Flint ghetto and go drinking (tiny 12 year old looking white girl). Said someone picked her up once and started carrying her away but some other dudes fought him off. Also said someone started shooting a handgun out the window of a car she was riding in after the bar. My ex liked to race Subaru's down snowmobile trails in the woods at 50 mph. Went with her once. Was terrifying, glad I'm not dead.
Borderline alone is not what created that vast difference.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I'm thoroughly convinced she's a psychopath, but there was one event that stands out to me that doesn't quite add up- though I'm sure it does somehow. We were engaged in makeup sex after one of her disappearances and she had a particularly strong orgasm. She collapsed on top of me sobbing. Eventually it turned into laughter and she declared aloud "You are so fucked! You're stuck with me forever." When I asked her what she was crying about, she said she felt a sudden terrible sadness at how awful she was towards me and how bad she squandered my affections, and that the sudden orgasmic release must have pushed all of those feelings out of her. Was this likely a lie? Why the tears?

I also caught her crying during the end of Titanic, and maybe one other movie I forced her to watch against her will. Is this empathy chosen to be turned on briefly? I can't quite reconcile it with what I currently know of psychopathy.
My dad cried and seemed caring in various ways a lot of times. Even still, I'm left with doubts and questions in some things, but ultimately that's a generic part of a psychopath's game; but many of his actions contradict what appear to be acts, and I believe it was just part of his manipulation. If she really was a psychopath it was probably just saying shit to keep you hooked.

I will note that a lot of his emotions always seem oddly out of place...like, over the top, as though he's trying too hard.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Honestly there are some traits in this list that I can relate to (like I'm a confident person and I've gotta admit I've got a reasonably high opinion of myself or I can be impulsive) but I never thought about killing anyone yet so I don't think I'm a psychopath lol :newwink:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are many serious psychological terms that get thrown around a lot in place of describing someone as basically 'mean' or 'self-centered' or a basic 'jerk'.

A friend was telling me about a concerning situation that would quality for sociopathic/psychopathic levels of behavior - not just being mean and rejecting. There is a man who was in an accident last summer that left him a quadriplegic. His wife is a nurse and is divorcing him, taking all of his money, drained all of his accounts, and wants him to pay her alimony. This woman won't bring this man food to eat. My friend was at their house and she came home providing him nothing to eat, and tossed two take out dinners onto the counter for her children. The man had nothing to eat for at least 24 hours. She screams at him in his wheelchair and people are concerned for his life. THAT'S a PSYCHOPATH.

I see this thread, but you are actually on my ignore list for crossing the line in some of your posts.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Primary it is a learning disability and the majority of psychopaths are below average intelligence. This leaves a huge gulf between the expectation of what psychopaths are capable of and what they are actually capable of. The t.v hyped psychopath is really very few and far between. Much like the autistic savant.

This is actually false. There is no statistically significant difference between the average population and that of a psychopath in terms of intelligence. The only statistically significant difference was in interpersonal facets.

Frontiers | Facets of Psychopathy, Intelligence, and Aggressive Antisocial Behaviors in Young Violent Offenders | Psychology

Are Psychopaths Really Smarter Than the Rest of Us? | Psychology Today