User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    They are interesting because they cause problems?
    It behooves us to pay attention to something that is a potential threat or source of problems, yes. We need to understand it to be able to address or defend against it if need be.

Most animals and insects in my area leave my herb garden alone. Occasionally, there are green and black caterpillars that eat the dill plants down to bare stems in just a few days. As a result, I tend to focus on these, and ignore the other critters.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    I think this is a generalization. Now for entertainment purposes on film there are those who follow psychotic killer films with enthusiasm. I personally am of the sound conviction that as a balance both reason and empathy should be trained and instilled in us at a young age. I admire an empathetic person. it is a gift. Whereas a sociopath is a disease.
    Interesting, I agree, although it would not be the view that's trending online, I've seen more threads about psychopaths and sociopaths on this forum, even ones about narcissists and manipulative types/machavellians, than empaths, in fact I this is the only thread on empaths, or were they got a mention.

Plus supposed sensitivity is attacked all the time, the main forms of aggression online are minimised as "its just words", provocation is fine, free speech even, though taking exception or offense is not, I dont even mean any idea of offense deserving sanction or control or censure but just feeling or experiencing offense per se.

Publishing seems to have the same preoccupation, I saw the "Good Psychopaths Guide" or something along those lines in a Tescos lately but I never did see any guides for or about empaths, I did read a good book lately about the highly sensitive person which mentions empaths but does so in order to say that a lot of esoteric or self-help guides talk about empaths in psychic or mystical terms but instead we're going to talk about research on empathy.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

phallus impudicus

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Could you imagine a world where they were not the minority
    This should be a book/movie.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Perhaps because psychopaths and sociopaths cause more problems than empaths. We don't need to focus the same kind of attention on the latter.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It behooves us to pay attention to something that is a potential threat or source of problems, yes. We need to understand it to be able to address or defend against it if need be.

Most animals and insects in my area leave my herb garden alone. Occasionally, there are green and black caterpillars that eat the dill plants down to bare stems in just a few days. As a result, I tend to focus on these, and ignore the other critters.

OK, sure.

Still, I think there's plenty of Jokers, I'd rather hear from a Batman which upstages them one of these days.

Where are the all the Skywalkers?!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Because they are the minority and that is mysterious and intriguing.
    Empaths are plentiful?!

Were do you live PD because it sounds like an awesome place

ok...lets paint 2 pictures.

A room full of "sociopaths"...who is the last one standing

A room full of "empaths"...who feels first?

I mean, common, which is more interesting to watch.
    Glad you were able to make the party man, I was worrying no one would be able to illustrate my point in another post.

MBTI
    STP

Glad you were able to make the party man, I was worrying no one would be able to illustrate my point in another post.
    I fail to see your connection from "interesting" to "healthy". now if you said "cool" then yeah I can see the connection to "interesting". But your "interesting" to "thoughts" to "anti-feeling" to "healthy" is a stretch that snaps the rubber band because you pulled it WAY to far trying to make the connection that doesn't fit.
    Im out, its been fun

I fail to see your connection from "interesting" to "healthy". now if you said "cool" then yeah I can see the connection to "interesting". But your "interesting" to "thoughts" to "anti-feeling" to "healthy" is a stretch that snaps the rubber band because you pulled it WAY to far trying to make the connection that doesn't fit.
    I confess to not speaking this particular language.

phallus impudicus

Empaths are plentiful?! Were do you live PD because it sounds like an awesome place
    That's actually a good point.
    Where do I fall on the cold and heartless scale? Ah nevermind, I don't actually care.