• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Net and Emotion

Mole

Permabanned
The purpose of the net is. to share emotion.

This is a lot harder than it appears as it involves both grief and joy.

And if we we block grief, we also block joy.

Clever people like us avoid this painful dilemma by manipulating ourselves and others using mbti.

But until we can experience both grief and joy, we can't grow up.

And it is the same in the intellectual realm, until we can experience the emotional pain of cognitive dissonance, we can't experience the joy of discovering the new and freshly minted.

Jaguar

How silly of me not to see it. Russian trolls want to share their emotion.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think the mindset of using the internet primarily for emotional release isn't smart because the internet is not for that and no one is obligated to humor your attempts to do so. I also think if anything, that is the easiest way to be manipulated by sneaky marketing or strangers online who recieve little to no real life consequence for doing so. This willingness to lay out all of your personal information and turmoil with no restraint is horrifying.

Mole

Permabanned
I think the mindset of using the internet primarily for emotional release isn't smart because the internet is not for that and no one is obligated to humor your attempts to do so. I also think if anything, that is the easiest way to be manipulated by sneaky marketing or strangers online who recieve little to no real life consequence for doing so. This willingness to lay out all of your personal information and turmoil with no restraint is horrifying.
Print culture requires us to be disengaged from our emotions, while electronic culture requires us to be engaged with our shared emotions across the globe, just as we are doing now.

ducks

Permabanned
Trolling brings grief and joy and MBTI.
The purpose of the Moles is to troll people.
And they can never be happy until all the people are trolled.
So they block grief and their subsequent happiness until all peoples have been trolled.
And it's through MBTI that Moles gain sustenance by rewarding them with the joys and griefs that come from all the trolling in the land.
It's through their devotion to troll against everything MBTI that they show to be the most devoted to the MBTI crusades.
By being firmly against MBTI, Moles give it renewed power and vigor.
Let us not be consumed by our devotion to the opposition.
Let Moles teach us what not to do, wonderful childrens.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trolling brings grief and joy and MBTI.
The purpose of the Moles is to troll people.
And they can never be happy until all the people are trolled.
So they block grief and their subsequent happiness until all peoples have been trolled.
And it's through MBTI that Moles gain sustenance by rewarding them with the joys and griefs that come from all the trolling in the land.
It's through their devotion to troll against everything MBTI that they show to be the most devoted to the MBTI crusades.
By being firmly against MBTI, Moles give it renewed power and vigor.
Let us not be consumed by our devotion to the opposition.
Let Moles teach us what not to do, wonderful childrens.

giphy.gif

Dupe account?

What is tissue paper? I attempt to blow my nose with it and it is wholly inadequate for the task. I attempt to write on it and it rips. It seems it is neither tissue nor paper. :huh:

Mole

Permabanned
The emotions. of abused children are so painful they must be repressed so the child can survive emotionally.

Abused children show their pain indirectly by making others. feel the pain,

Mole

Permabanned
Trolling brings grief and joy and MBTI. The purpose of the Moles is to troll people. And they can never be happy until all the people are trolled. So they block grief and their subsequent happiness until all peoples have been trolled. And it's through MBTI that Moles gain sustenance by rewarding them with the joys and griefs that come from all the trolling in the land. It's through their devotion to troll against everything MBTI that they show to be the most devoted to the MBTI crusades. By being firmly against MBTI, Moles give it renewed power and vigor. Let us not be consumed by our devotion to the opposition. Let Moles teach us what not to do, wonderful childrens.

If Mole is a troll, he has been a troll for 19,000 posts - hard to believe?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And here I thought the purpose of the net was to allow me to send and receive information as I like. FB tells me it's to actually buy wacked out Kickstarter projects and do FOMO and YOLO, Twitter tells me it's to pick red vs blue, and Mole tells me it's to share emotion. :tiedup:

Lark

Yeah, there are a couple of scams from the very early days of the internet too which I remember people would leave details on pen pal sites, then after a period of correspondence beg poverty, persecution or something like it and invite you to volunteer money or some kind of aid to them, I used to correspond with lots of pen pals at the time and encountered at least two of these scammers, one of them sent unsolicited pictures which were clearly cut out of a fashion magazine or society magazine of some kind, which it was easy to suss were not as they seemed, sure as night followed day they came with a tale of woe shortly there after.

I remember at the time thinking it was strange but sad if their story was true, I've heard lots of sad stories and I'm not hard hearted but I'm very aware that throwing cash at most of them does not provide any sort of fix, just how extensive and organised the scamming is and how they play upon emotions, pity and prejudice (remember all the African prince e-mails, in the early days people were taken in because they believed African states were endemically corrupt and people routinely sought to hide money abroad and couldnt use the usual banking channels), is something I've marked over the years.

The exploitation of others online isnt just fraud of course, it can be cyberbullying, cyberstalking, take a lot of different shapes and guises, being open can be a real mistake. I've seen people volunteer information online or make disclosures they'd refrain from in a police interview or if it were asked by a census collector.

Lark

giphy.gif

Dupe account?

I'd say there's a good chance of it, similar style of posting anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

And here I thought the purpose of the net was to allow me to send and receive information as I like. FB tells me it's to actually buy wacked out Kickstarter projects and do FOMO and YOLO, Twitter tells me it's to pick red vs blue, and Mole tells me it's to share emotion. :tiedup:

Whatever happened to Napster?