User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    I'm not really personally emotionally invested in rousseau, it's just that he's very influential, and people refer to his work a lot.
    Without even checking I can tell that Rousseau was a big influence on Marx, another despicable man - who impregnated and then threw his maid on the street to avoid embarassement and was a parasite and a terrible father and man his whole life.
    Is it really surprising that these two men are at the root of the most murderous political philosophy to ever have been born?

In my view marx and to a lesser extent rousseau should be considered as avatars of immorality and evil amongst the likes of Hitler, Lenin, Staline or Ted Bundy.
    “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
    George Orwell

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Without even checking I can tell that Rousseau was a big influence on Marx, another despicable man - who impregnated and then threw his maid on the street to avoid embarassement and was a parasite and a terrible father and man his whole life.
    Is it really surprising that these two men are at the root of the most murderous political philosophy to ever have been born?

In my view marx and to a lesser extent rousseau should be considered as avatars of immorality and evil amongst the likes of Hitler, or Ted Bundy.
    Uh, thanks for the imput.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It'd be interesting to see the political break-up of these subjects. I'm particularly interested in how libertarians would behave under these circumstances since we are the most rational types; I don't think I'd respond to peer pressure or stupid demands from authority, but I'd definitely push the buttons if I thought it was funny.
    Uncle Roger needs to stop picking on Jamie Oliver. I'm sure chili jam is delightful in egg fried rice.

MBTI
    ISTP

Othello anyone? This show is made for Iago.

Sounds interesting but without watching the show I would say yes.

I've heard a lot of buzz about this, but I've put off watching it because the premise combined with its format doesn't quite sit right with me. I think I will give it a go, though.

I think in general people underestimate their susceptibility to manipulation and coercion.

If you're interested in these themes, there's another Netflix documentary series called The Confession Tapes, which I'd recommend. The series looks at cases in which people have given false confessions to murder, and looks at the circumstances under which they were given, almost always involving coercive interrogation tactics by police. It's pretty alarming stuff. It's also really sad that in most of the cases, the only evidence supporting their guilt was their confession tape. Even when a jury is presented with solid reasons for why they gave the false confession, along with other evidence making their involvement in the crime seem implausible, they will often stick with a guilty verdict, due to their own inability to understand how anyone could be driven to give a false confession. Tldr; don't answer questions, demand a lawyer.
    Likes Lyra.I, Cellmold, Norrsken liked this post

Derren Brown needs a life. And a job.
    Who, if not you. When, if not now.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    I'm just going to quote this one because the rest are quite on point, but I don't care to differentiate between 'weak' and 'bad', when the end results are the same. Is this part about be, because of what I specifically wrote earlier in the thread?
    I had not read any of the comments in this thread when I posted, so no, Definitely not about you or singling anyone out really my post was entirely about how we are all part of this. We all have an impression that "I would never.." but push comes to shove, most of us already Have and likely would again. All I'm saying is, it is easy as hell to Say you would do something, but different to do something. And perhaps it is less useful to make a judgment call than it is to try to think of all the scenarios that would freeze you up and use it as a mental exercise, rather than dismissing it with what you believe the you-inside-of-you would do.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

self murderer
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    EIE

I’ll watch this when I get home tomorrow but this looks intriguing on many levels. I wonder just how flexible an average human being’s empathy may shift depending on circumstances and rewards such as social bravado. Thank you, @Forever, I’ll write a more in depth review this week. (:

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It'd be interesting to see the political break-up of these subjects. I'm particularly interested in how libertarians would behave under these circumstances since we are the most rational types; I don't think I'd respond to peer pressure or stupid demands from authority, but I'd definitely push the buttons if I thought it was funny.
    That'd be my rationale afterwards. "I murdered that guy ironically"
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Galena, Tellenbach liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken View Post
    I’ll watch this when I get home tomorrow but this looks intriguing on many levels. I wonder just how flexible an average human being’s empathy may shift depending on circumstances and rewards such as social bravado. Thank you, @Forever, I’ll write a more in depth review this week. (:
    It's been 10 days Nørsky. What u think?
    Likes Norrsken liked this post