• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think about?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think about almost everything (often several things at the same time). Here's a sample:

The way social structures are formed and dissolve.
The future of American politics.
Social trends.
Economics.
Possible inventions.
Possible business ideas.
Plays, movies, comic books, and other stories that I've created in my head in the appropriate medium.
Personal morality
Corporate morality
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit
Possible paths that I can plot my future along
The thing I saw on TV last night
Things that frustrate me
Things that I appreciate
My wife
The interactions of the individuals that I observe and why they do what they do
Funny situations that I create in my head
Songs where I change the lyrics
Video games
Something that I read on a forum

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How they got the ship into the bottle!"#$"#$

BlackMita

In general, I think about the things I want to draw and write (movie like daydreams I want to change into artistic works). I think about how I can improve my relations with people without having to significantly compromise my behavior; unless it would fail to benefit anyone. I think about the steps I can take to be successful on my terms, and why I still don't have the will to go for it all. I think about wanting sex, my sexuality, and how I’d do dating (inexperienced and growing more curious). I think about random, humorous, and tastefully obscene situations.

More recently, I think about where MBTI theory models can be utilized for the better. I think about how to develop or increase the skills (I believe) I should have to be a more productive, content, and less inhibited person. I think about how I should proceed with relating to others at an upcoming new school experience.

Obviously (or not?) I think about food, drink, snacking, exploring fascinating places, video games, my problems, and things I have experienced and really enjoyed, or utterly despised.

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
I can agree with Dufresne
although, I LOVE singing and music. (runs in the family)
so I'll have a recent-favorite song running through my head over and over.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Are there any topics or thoughts that you notice your mind continually returns to? What is the nature of these thoughts? Do you like thinking these thoughts, or would you rather think about something else? Do you have any control over these thoughts?

Most of the time, I'm thinking about a particular girl I'm interested in. Otherwise, I'm thinking about things like the fate of mankind and politics. I used to think about philosophy more when I was younger, but I guess as I'm getting older, I think about more practical things like the direction of my career. I also spend a lot of time thinking about where I want to live (Florida sucks, except for the ocean).

I don't have much control over my thoughts other than I tend to not dwell on negatives. I'm usually positive. I have a tendency to worry about people I care about, though.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
bored

bored

why the hell do all the evening activities have to happen so close to or before the time I get off work?

bored

she's pretty

bored

I wonder if I'll be able to watch the eclipse this time around

hey, what happened to my story idea about Earth sized moons around a gas giant?

has another exoplanet been found yet?

I should look up that terrestreal planet finder mission again

why didn't I just stick to wanting to become an aerospace engineer?

bored...

By the way, the title made me think of "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombe.

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
Often, I think about all the factors that are the cause of why I'm so damn emotional right now. It always makes me feel better to know why, even if nothing can be done to fix the problem. Once I feel as though I've reached a thorough understanding of all the social and personal variables associated with my afflicted reaction, I'll reassuringly remind myself of all the things in life that ultimately matter to alleviate the squirming problem at hand (ie. if I did horribly on an exam) by say, envisioning myself doing an altruistic deed or telling myself that my dream in life isn't academic achievement but to practice my values. Naturally, I'd feel guilty afterwards for being useless at that, so I'll have to then tell myself I can't feed the homeless home alone on a saturday night, not that I ever do that anyway, so that makes me feel even guilter for making excuses: I can't drive and am still a child. But I can still donate to church tomorrow. So I make that cheap plan. Just one example.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
music
outer space & science
sex in all its forms
morality
social issues at large
politics
self-consciousness <insert vicious circle here>
interpersonal relationships
emotions & reason & finding ways to balance the two
visions of what life should be (imho)
etc.

why or how do these things come to be ? because I eat food & drink liquids which directly feeds my thought processing, because life seems like an endless road of new experiences which brings inspiration & new viewpoint angles, because I'm an idealist.

AfterHours

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I never really remember what I've been thinking about, but according to my journal, lately my mind keeps going back to

a feeling of lack of control with classes, work, relationship, whether (romantic) relationships are worth having, if I could ever depend on and love some as fully as I do my parents (or if anyone could depend on or love me, in more than the usual conditional, temporary way), Buddhism, how I'll never know what's real and what isn't, whether it's worth changing my brain chemistry to be happier, and if that even makes me me anymore, and then I'll go periods where I just daydream a lot. I don't usually try to change what I'm thinking about. I'll avoid doing other things so I can stay in the thought loop.

If my consciousness had legs, it would go to my subconscious. I suspect it knows things.

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm narcissistic and I see it in all of my posts. I usually think about politics regarding Taiwan, social movement, but above all where I'm going, how I'm going to get there, and how baller I'm going to be when my day comes. Lately I've been frustrated with where I am now, and when the hell am I going to get some sort of intimacy.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Sometimes I think about important social issues such as; "I hope they don't stop making 5.56 m.m. ammo..." Other times I wonder how big of an explosion it would take to turn the armor on my truck into shrapnel, turning me into INTJ puree. (Now with 23% more sarcasm!)

More seriously, most of the time I just let my mind wander wherever it wants. That tends to be when I do my best thinking really, when I'm not trying to mull on anything in particular.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
-Conversations that happened 5 years ago
-The various foods I'm craving
-My man
-Existential dread
-Why I'm always so tired
-Self care
-Typology(both the forum and introspecting about my type)
-Music and shows playing in my head
-Eternal self hatred
-Random curiosities, like wondering when Febreze was invented
-Random future stuff(What society/technology will be like in the future or dream houses/vacations/pets)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Writing, lovemaking, and other forms of art. How like unto insects humanity is. Survival. Surveillance and counter surveillance Tactics. Humorist observations about the things I see. Is there anyway to escape my dark fate? Would I even if I could? When will the cacophony of voices and music I always hear ever reach a point where I cannot resist the whispers? Is it all in my head, or do I really hear the voices that are always all around us, and humanity has gone deaf to?:mellow:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Science and Religion when you strip down the aesthetics are the same thing: ideas and rituals different people buy into different ways to explain the things that scare them and give them a sense of self worth in an otherwise incomprehensible reality. So why must their be rivalry between the two? Both claim to want the edification and improvment of mankind, so why not join forces come together and truly elevate? Oh, because control doesnt work like that...and when you're after control: You start to think: Two people stand on a stage in front of a crowd, people can only look at one at a time...

This is a true record of what I saw. I set it down only leaving out the longitude and latitude of the island, as a warning to all who would follow in Moreau's footsteps. Most times, I keep the memory far in the back of my mind, a distant cloud. But there are times when the little cloud spreads, until it obscures the sky. At those times, I look about me at my fellow men and am reminded of some likeness to the beast-people. And I feel as though the animal is surging up in them, and they are neither wholly animal nor wholly man, but an unstable combination of both. As unstable as anything Moreau created. And I go... in fear.

CrowaBunga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
World domination I guess.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely writing, and storytelling in my head. I like to imagine movies and anime in my head. All about visualizing it realistically etc. The themes I do though, are a bit unusual. I tend to do suffering, and fighting inner demons etc. Tragedy, love, and anger.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I'm relatively depressed, most recently the past and my own ailments. When I'm not fixating on that, however, my mind naturally goes to thinking about scenarios, the worlds I've constructed, and "philosophical" questions. I'm an excessive daydreamer by nature, so what I've done with a great deal of my time is play around with things that I haven't understood or that bother me (ie. the nature and definition of "good" and "bad" not being concrete, what is the nature of existence, and of course very simple things like how would a person who experiences experience x respond, etc ect). I tend to gravitate towards creating plots in my mind to play around with such ideas, as well as the "world" that I am to play with those ideas on just because I always kind of have. It tends to come across as "storytelling" or "world building." Even when I shouldn't think about these things or should clearly be focusing on something more relevant I gravitate to this.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Predominantly (one-sided) conversations with people (generally one real person at a time), where I'm explaining something like typology or spirituality, or maybe arguing about mental health.

I sometimes have music playing in my mind. Other times I might be thinking in terms of optimising something, such as my diet or gambling approach.

Actually, a lot of my thinking is conversation between myself and spirits. That happens a lot.