User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Default How have you become more aware of your positive characteristics?

It is easy, easier a lot of people would say to focus and recognize your faults/weaknesses. How have you and how are you doing in recognizing/growing in self-knowledge about the positive qualities/talents you possess?
    Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Pablo Picasso
    Likes magpie liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Through hardships, struggles, and challenges. There's nowhere quite like rock bottom to force you to look up and see the positive in yourself. Overcoming a variety of shitty situations, again and again, you tend to see a pattern. And that pattern is - hey I must not be a useless fuckup because I'm obviously able to handle all this crap!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    Through hardships, struggles, and challenges. There's nowhere quite like rock bottom to force you to look up and see the positive in yourself. Overcoming a variety of shitty situations, again and again, you tend to see a pattern. And that pattern is - hey I must not be a useless fuckup because I'm obviously able to handle all this crap!
    I am glad to hear that all of your adversity is making you a stronger and better person.It is kind of interesting that when a lot of people have these shitty situations they may end up blaming themselves or question themselves, but you saw the positive or at least the pain associated with these experiences pushed you into this direction.

Pablo Picasso
    Likes Yama liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 so

By setting my eye on a few of them, and a few I need to work on- and then putting my all into them. Growing as a person.
    Johari

Nohari
    Likes Generalist liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Through strenuous pressure, the finest diamonds are mined.
    Likes Generalist, Lady Lazarus liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Really, just by ditching the toxic and negative people in my life.
    I think we've all known a few of them; out of their own feelings of insecurity they never compliment others and will put you down when you are feeling good about yourself.
    They turn the positives you see into negatives. Sadly, I have known more than few but I've gotten rid of them all.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    By setting my eye on a few of them, and a few I need to work on- and then putting my all into them. Growing as a person.
    I think that is a sound strategy. Has that plan helped you become more aware of the positive aspects of yourself? What is the array of changes to your internal world by doing that?

Pablo Picasso

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Through strenuous pressure, the finest diamonds are mined.
    Adversity makes for great growth. So, through these pressures did it help you to become more aware of any particular strengths or are you referring to pressure from, like your workplace, that you had to use specific skills to succeed? Thanks again for the reply.

Pablo Picasso

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Really, just by ditching the toxic and negative people in my life.
    I think we've all known a few of them; out of their own feelings of insecurity they never compliment others and will put you down when you are feeling good about yourself.
    They turn the positives you see into negatives. Sadly, I have known more than few but I've gotten rid of them all.
    Thanks for the reply, so how quickly did your self-perceptions start to change? Did it lead you to finally claiming some strengths that you questioned before? Have you replaced those toxic people with supportive people?

Pablo Picasso

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Generalist View Post
    Thanks for the reply, so how quickly did your self-perceptions start to change? Did it lead you to finally claiming some strengths that you questioned before? Have you replaced those toxic people with supportive people?
    Fortunately, I am pretty stubborn and they were never able to truly convince me otherwise. Once I did start to doubt myself I recognized what was happening and that was when I cut them off-cold turkey. They sent me an E-mail telling
    ( not asking) me to meet them at some point in time. I just didn't respond-ever. The next time the worst offender tried to contact me I told him that I never wanted to hear from him again. I never thought I'd be able to do it ( because it meant cutting off my best friend as well) but once I reached a certain point, I didn't even have to think about it. It was so easy. I think we all have that point.

Gradually, yes. Shortly after, I made new friends whom I eventually realized were only slightly better. I kept seeing them because I really liked one of their roommates who is now my husband. Now neither one of us see them much at all. Last year we made new friends who are great people, a lot of fun and very supportive.
    Likes Generalist liked this post