User Tag List

123 Last

Default Self improvement- anything you want to work on!?

I think most people have things they dont like about themselves- things that maybe they want to intigrate into, things that they are growing into, or things they just want to work on/change.

For me, one thing- one easy thing to point out in myself is- I can be emotionally impulsive. Reactive. Its something Ive gotten better at but- still could work on. Taking a few breaths or something before I react to things sometimes.

There are other things of course. But thats an easy one to see. And Im going to try to work on it.

Anyone else have things they want to work on? Its ok if people dont feel comfortable sharing, but its also ok to share I tbink because NO ONE is perfect- (who really wants to be)- and I dont think improvement ever ends (not saying self acceptance isnt important, it is, and if people want to go down that route- good for them! Because that IS important. But its also important I think to recognize your flaws too- because literally everyone has them, and they are what make us human I think!)

No shame here.
    Likes Novella liked this post

It's less a desire for self-improvement and more a compelling drive for more knowledge. Can't seem to get enough so I keep soaking up whatever interests me.
    Likes Frosty liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm trying to be less petty, even though it seems like a shame because I'm really GOOD at being petty
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I'm fine with how I am, I just want to learn how to Adult on my own already.
    Likes Frosty, biohazard, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by miss fortune View Post
    I'm trying to be less petty, even though it seems like a shame because I'm really GOOD at being petty
    define petty.
    Also you can just tell people that for a woman it's called "Petite". But I'm being as dork. so ignore that.
    “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
    George Orwell

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes miss fortune, Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

My introversion prevents me from connecting with my niece and nephew but I doubt I'll be able to change that.
    Kim Jong Un's preferred personal pronoun is "dear leader". Just because someone wants to be called "dear leader" doesn't mean that we should respect that wish especially if the individual is an evil asshole.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

I'm trying to work on bring more consistent. I have hard time sticking to things I start and frequently run off in different directions. Such is the life of an Ne dom with ADHD. But I'm working towards being more focused. I'm already much better. Over the last few years, I've gotten myself to the point that I am extremely reliable if I have a deadline and/or am doing something with or for others. But for personal projects and just staying in touch with people? It's so hard. I can't change the wiring of my mind, but I still think I can improve. A big help for me is making to do lists. I really like crossing things off.

Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post
    I'm trying to work on bring more consistent. I have hard time sticking to things I start and frequently run off in different directions. Such is the life of an Ne dom with ADHD. But I'm working towards being more focused. I'm already much better. Over the last few years, I've gotten myself to the point that I am extremely reliable if I have a deadline and/or am doing something with or for others. But for personal projects and just staying in touch with people? It's so hard. I can't change the wiring of my mind, but I still think I can improve. A big help for me is making to do lists. I really like crossing things off.
    Yeah I could do this too. I have a lot of little projects that I start but then dont complete

Yeah to do lists are great! Maybe with like tiny little rewards at the end or somemthing! In little increments or something!

Awesome goal I think!

Yeah I have a really tiny issue with stubbornness... that can be spiteful. Little things really. Like my grandpa came down and sort of half scolded me for being on my phone and not being social- so I was like well NOW i CANT be social because... because... hes not going to tell me what to do! Hes not going to shame me! Even if I WANTED to go visit and get off my phone I cant now.

Then I realized I was being awful and was like- get over yourself frosty and get upstairs and visit. But... I do have a tiny little thing with spite Ill admit to. A ‘you dont tell me what to do nah nah na boo boo thing’ going on.

Good goal too I think!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I’m trying to speak and pronounce better. I love to talk and debate, but even if my ideas are the best ones, I have trouble transmitting them. It's not that i don't have the words to, but my tongue and lips just don't do their jobs. In French it’s not a big problem, but in German it becomes more difficult.

and it's so much FUN!
    Likes miss fortune, Frosty liked this post