• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self improvement- anything you want to work on!?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think most people have things they dont like about themselves- things that maybe they want to intigrate into, things that they are growing into, or things they just want to work on/change.

For me, one thing- one easy thing to point out in myself is- I can be emotionally impulsive. Reactive. Its something Ive gotten better at but- still could work on. Taking a few breaths or something before I react to things sometimes.

There are other things of course. But thats an easy one to see. And Im going to try to work on it.

Anyone else have things they want to work on? Its ok if people dont feel comfortable sharing, but its also ok to share I tbink because NO ONE is perfect- (who really wants to be)- and I dont think improvement ever ends (not saying self acceptance isnt important, it is, and if people want to go down that route- good for them! Because that IS important. But its also important I think to recognize your flaws too- because literally everyone has them, and they are what make us human I think!)

No shame here.

rav3n

It's less a desire for self-improvement and more a compelling drive for more knowledge. Can't seem to get enough so I keep soaking up whatever interests me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm trying to be less petty, even though it seems like a shame because I'm really GOOD at being petty :unsure:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm fine with how I am, I just want to learn how to Adult on my own already.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm trying to be less petty, even though it seems like a shame because I'm really GOOD at being petty :unsure:

define petty.
Also you can just tell people that for a woman it's called "Petite". But I'm being as dork. so ignore that.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
My introversion prevents me from connecting with my niece and nephew but I doubt I'll be able to change that.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm trying to work on bring more consistent. I have hard time sticking to things I start and frequently run off in different directions. Such is the life of an Ne dom with ADHD. But I'm working towards being more focused. I'm already much better. Over the last few years, I've gotten myself to the point that I am extremely reliable if I have a deadline and/or am doing something with or for others. But for personal projects and just staying in touch with people? It's so hard. I can't change the wiring of my mind, but I still think I can improve. A big help for me is making to do lists. I really like crossing things off.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm trying to work on bring more consistent. I have hard time sticking to things I start and frequently run off in different directions. Such is the life of an Ne dom with ADHD. But I'm working towards being more focused. I'm already much better. Over the last few years, I've gotten myself to the point that I am extremely reliable if I have a deadline and/or am doing something with or for others. But for personal projects and just staying in touch with people? It's so hard. I can't change the wiring of my mind, but I still think I can improve. A big help for me is making to do lists. I really like crossing things off.

Yeah I could do this too. I have a lot of little projects that I start but then dont complete

Yeah to do lists are great! Maybe with like tiny little rewards at the end or somemthing! In little increments or something!

Awesome goal I think!

Yeah I have a really tiny issue with stubbornness... that can be spiteful. Little things really. Like my grandpa came down and sort of half scolded me for being on my phone and not being social- so I was like well NOW i CANT be social because... because... hes not going to tell me what to do! Hes not going to shame me! Even if I WANTED to go visit and get off my phone I cant now.

Then I realized I was being awful and was like- get over yourself frosty and get upstairs and visit. But... I do have a tiny little thing with spite Ill admit to. A ‘you dont tell me what to do nah nah na boo boo thing’ going on.

Good goal too I think!

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I’m trying to speak and pronounce better. I love to talk and debate, but even if my ideas are the best ones, I have trouble transmitting them. It's not that i don't have the words to, but my tongue and lips just don't do their jobs. In French it’s not a big problem, but in German it becomes more difficult.

Lark

I keep having a lot of de ja vu, I dont know if threads are repeating themselves, topics are repeating themselves or just life, its like eternal recurrence became real, not quite on a ground hog scale but still.

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
Yep. Probably umm...being more assertive towards people sometimes - or not being afraid to ask certain questions.

Being less cynical and abandonment issues (However I am improving on that :) )

I dunno what else i'm full of contradictions

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's a lot of things about myself that I'd like to work on lol. I'm currently working on my self esteem and figuring out ways to express myself in clear ways that others can understand. Self esteem is probably going to be one of the last things I'll be able fix, because I'm pretty sure it's located in the depths of hell at this point. The expression part is a little weird to work with because when I was younger I was really good at it but as a result of certain experiences has diminished to an almost childlike level. Explaining myself and my feelings to others has seemed to be useful so far (at least superficially) but I'm on my way to improvement.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Becoming more inclusive towards other people. Sharing my life with others. Reaching out and putting out feelers, engaging the responses.

Ruben

I went from confident back in college, to very confident during military training, to no confidence whatsoever in the past few years locked up in my room.
The slightest unexpected or worrisome change could trigger a panic attack.
I promise myself to meditate that out, relax and what not. But let's face it, i should be taking boxing lessons, bungee jumping and occasional trips to a shooting range.

Can't do any of that; again, locked up in my room. So, instead i cocoon in my shell waiting for the time i can finally break free, if ever.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am trying to improve my ability to act with grace, and awareness around people. As well as be more considerate of other's emotions.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need re-learn how to let myself relax. Seriously, when I get home if I don't plop myself down in front of a movie then I tend to fidget around/clean the house/waste time. It's hard to even read a book, I start reading and feeling like when I get to the end of a chapter that I need to stop reading and "do something productive"

Small wonder I'm so tired all the time and have stomach issues.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to travel and be more open to experiences that take me out of my comfort zone. Be more experiential in general because I'm too much of a homebody and spend too much time on the computer.

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
To reduce over-analyzing self, to stop self-castigating for little things, to be more judgemental of others (honestly, have you seen the trolls I hang out with ;)), to stop self-sabotaging so frequently.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to become more positive (not to the point where I am blind to the pain in the world, but it would be nice to see something other than endless despair for once) and actually have some self-esteem.