• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your favourite quality in other people?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
THis one is funny. I've though some super smarts is the thing. I've done some tests certifying some super smarts for myself. I've thought this over and over.

One has to be kind, friendly. That is the greatest act.

That is my answer.

If you (I) fail that online, thats no problem. You may troll the online community. It's the people offline who matter.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Open-mindedness...

I love being around people who are open-minded. That doesn't mean they have to accept everything at face value or accept the other position at all. Heck, we could even have a wonderful, mind-mating debate. As long as they're willing to understand something beyond what they perceive to be true, they receive respect in my book. I think it shows a lot about someone's intellectual capacity when they can think beyond their limits. Information changes so much, especially being in a world where there is so much junk info at our fingertips. I love it when I can explore and think critically with others. Let's expand our egos together.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just like people who aren't assholes.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like people who are in essence seeking to do good and benefit those around them in a positive manner and are kind and caring to others and I also like people who are intectually and mentally open minded and can have a civil debate without getting heated or personal. I also like people who can have fun and be serious in good balance as too much of one or the other can make it tricky for me to get on with them.

Cat Brainz wrote (all quotes by Cat Brainz followed by my comments), (1) "I like people who are in essence seeking to do good and benefit those around them in a positive manner ... kind...caring ...others..."

I find favor with this. I express humanitarian goals of giving time, attention and resources to key pivotal areas such as children. education, lessening the wide discrepancy of the wealth gap, environment, health care and increasing the human happiness quota ratio. I hold with the spiritual doctrines that say that the true kingdom of God is within and the external world holds Maya or illusions in humanity's pursuit of fame, power, wealth and beauty.

None of the former will give ultimate happiness although a modicum of financial security is warranted. I am also an INFP. I am insightful, empathetic, a good listener and not prone to anger. I have an internal locus of control and do not allow external situations or people to define my worth.

(2) "...like people...intellectually... mentally open minded...civil debate without getting heated... personal."

I also too agree with this. I am attracted to wisdom, discovering truths and growing throughout the course of my life span. With each added insight I grow in depth and breadth. It is the journey of life's experiences as such I am existentialist.

(3) "...fun...serious ...good balance..."

Reasonable. I will add I have a pet peeve towards anger prone individuals. I know they are triggered but I find that emotional expression toxic.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am drawn to those whose thirst for the truth overrides their preferences. I find them interesting and admire both their intellect and ability to seek out the truth, especially when they know it may not be what they want it to be. I am intrigued by those who don't follow the crowd or what is popular, and aren't swayed even when they realize that what they discover may be far removed from what they prefer or want to believe.

When I encounter those who exhibit these qualities, I tend to stop and listen. They inspire me to want to clear my preconceptions and look at things with new eyes.

jamain wrote (all quotations are jamain followed by my response), (1) "...drawn ...thirst... truth overrides their preferences."

I am defenitaly on board here. It is a difficult task but that is one of the surest ways to growth and maturism both emotionally and spiritually.

(2) "...find them interesting...admire both their intellect and ability to seek out the truth..."

I admire the mixture of an empathetic soul and one who uses reason with critical thinking.

(3) "...don't follow the crowd or what is popular...aren't swayed...realize that what they discover may be far removed from what they prefer or want to believe."

Admirable. I walk my own journey on a path of transparency with authenticity.

(4) "...encounter those who exhibit these qualities, I tend to stop and listen. They inspire... clear... preconceptions and look at things with new eyes."

I confess jamain I am in alignment with your views.

Empathy and compassion towards other people, which comes with exercising flexibility and patience. Understanding where someone comes from and how they got there instead of being completely dismissive while also working out disagreements through this understanding. Achieving this would help bring people closer together, and at the same time, reduce alienation altogether.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Open-mindedness...

I love being around people who are open-minded. That doesn't mean they have to accept everything at face value or accept the other position at all. Heck, we could even have a wonderful, mind-mating debate. As long as they're willing to understand something beyond what they perceive to be true, they receive respect in my book. I think it shows a lot about someone's intellectual capacity when they can think beyond their limits. Information changes so much, especially being in a world where there is so much junk info at our fingertips. I love it when I can explore and think critically with others. Let's expand our egos together.

biohazard wrote (all quotations are biohazard followed by my comments), (1) "Open-mindedness."and "I love being around people who are open-minded." and "..doesn't mean they have to accept everything at face value or accept the other position..."

I too seek open minded people who are intellectual or else use human reason. I like to discuss beliefs, thoughts and feelings and compare. Hopefully from such an engagement growth is precipitated. What's more in the best case synergy between two people develop.

(2) "...wonderful, mind-mating debate." and "...willing...understand something beyond what they perceive to be true, they receive respect in my book."

Ditto.

(3) "...shows a lot about someone's intellectual capacity...they can think beyond their limits. Information changes so much, especially being in a world where there is so much junk info at our fingertips."
(4) "...explore and think critically with others. Let's expand our egos together."

It is by challenging our belief system and seeing new angles of thought together with a diversified opinion that one can challenge themselves to grow. What's more it is an inspiration and they've my own respect.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Empathy and compassion towards other people, which comes with exercising flexibility and patience. Understanding where someone comes from and how they got there instead of being completely dismissive while also working out disagreements through this understanding. Achieving this would help bring people closer together, and at the same time, reduce alienation altogether.

Lotus wrote (all quotations are Lotus followed by my comments), (1) "Empathy... compassion towards other people..comes with exercising flexibility...patience."

I am an empath. I score in this area and have both inter-personal intelligence and intra-intelligence as a gift. Now, regular human compassion is a great want to expect from people. However in dealing with problems or difficult issues I find compassion by in and of itself to manifest in such ways as advise giving or pity. I know I am generalizing. I prefer those who have the gift of empathy and can see things from your perspective.

(2) "Understanding...someone comes from... how they got there instead...completely dismissive...working out disagreements through this understanding."

You nailed it. From my understanding there's a hierarchy. On the lowest form is pity, next comes compassion. True empathy is compassion and understanding.

(3) "Achieving...help bring people closer together... reduce alienation..."

In my personal philosophy in a simplified form is to do no harm emotionally, physically, psychologically or verbally nor expend negative energy. Rather be stoic in principle and handle situations with a combination of reason and Agape compassion. That's rule one. Rule two is more difficult and that is to not repay a negative with a negative. You can repay a negative with a triggered response but no true growth is occurring. Your unconsciously triggered by an unresolved conflict or issue and you will continue on being triggered until you can deal with similar situations with emotionally and spiritual maturity.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What do you find as your favorite quality in other people?

"The planet does not need more 'successful people.' The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds.
It needs people to live well in their places. It needs people with moral courage willing to join the struggle to make the world habitable and humane and these qualities have little to do with success as our culture is the set.” Dalai Lama

"I want friends who will journey with me. Not friends who will only be here when I'm sick or grieving. Not friends who only show up to celebrate the highs in my life. I want friends who want to know who I am between the highs and lows." Unknown

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great." Mark Twain

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
  • Those who take accountability for their own actions
  • Those who seek to empathise and understand
  • Those who act with authenticity and minimised judgement of others.
  • Those who act with integrity

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like people who are genuine and true to themselves. They aren't perfect, but they recognize their faults, which allows them to grow from the errors of their past. You can trust them more, because they are authentic and stick to their word as best they can.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Passion, openness, kindness, ability to admit when you're wrong, humor, integrity, empathy.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I am drawn to those whose thirst for the truth overrides their preferences. I find them interesting and admire both their intellect and ability to seek out the truth, especially when they know it may not be what they want it to be. I am intrigued by those who don't follow the crowd or what is popular, and aren't swayed even when they realize that what they discover may be far removed from what they prefer or want to believe.
Me af

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Boldness, courageousness, fearlessness; unafraid to have a voice regardless of confrontation or opposition. Imagine if...well...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Optimism (it's infectious), humor, integrity, compassion, kindness, intelligence.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Either low neuroticism or high conscientiousness if high neuroticism (thus, low impulsivity; high self-restraint, forethought, etc. acts like low neuroticism.)

I love people who are able to remain calm enough to be contagious, soothing and quelling the fires in me...I love the still, steady earth that can give rest to the restless waters within me when they are stirred...people who are grounded enough to make it easier for me to stay grounded...

probably is #1 on my list outside of moral things.