• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your favourite quality in other people?

Lark

I like people who are good listeners.

Also reciprocity and awareness is important.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like people who are in essence seeking to do good and benefit those around them in a positive manner and are kind and caring to others and I also like people who are intectually and mentally open minded and can have a civil debate without getting heated or personal. I also like people who can have fun and be serious in good balance as too much of one or the other can make it tricky for me to get on with them.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kindness, intelligence, in that order

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Also reciprocity is important.

Reciprocity in what way?

Relationships shouldn't be a forced exchange. "It's because I give you, that you should give me, otherwise, you are an ungrateful person, and I regret liking/loving you in the first place, because I'm frustrated and cannot force you to like me/love me back".

This creates tension in many relationships instead of letting things happen naturally, and it makes one feel like a prisoner with no free will to choose doing things out of their own volition.

Instead, one should give, like and love, or whatever, without awaiting anything in return.

Would you rather receive the present of someone who offered it to you because they simply wanted to, someone who just gave it to you with the complete freedom to do whatever you want to do with it? Or, would you rather receive the present of someone who constantly keeps asking you about it, pointing out to everyone that they offered it to you, and making you know every goddamn time that they're waiting for something in return?

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like people who are smart, positive and have a good sense of humor - if they are also creative and like Art it's even better :newwink:
I also like people who are open-minded (and not too much by the book).
Then again I'm very good friend with someone who isn't very positive or has a sense of humor, isn't such an Art fan at all and who always stays within the rules - so go figure, I guess it means I can get along with everyone :gleam:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
away is my favourite, when they are all away :)

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Authenticity.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I like people who are considerate. For example: people who show up on time, people who pick up after their pets, people who let you merge into traffic.

I'm very considerate of other people's feelings. I walk very fast, but I'll slow down if there's a slow, large person because I don't want him to feel bad about being a slowpoke.

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_
I am drawn to those whose thirst for the truth overrides their preferences. I find them interesting and admire both their intellect and ability to seek out the truth, especially when they know it may not be what they want it to be. I am intrigued by those who don't follow the crowd or what is popular, and aren't swayed even when they realize that what they discover may be far removed from what they prefer or want to believe.

When I encounter those who exhibit these qualities, I tend to stop and listen. They inspire me to want to clear my preconceptions and look at things with new eyes.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People who are respectful and kind towards others.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like people who are in essence seeking to do good and benefit those around them in a positive manner and are kind and caring to others and I also like people who are intectually and mentally open minded and can have a civil debate without getting heated or personal. I also like people who can have fun and be serious in good balance as too much of one or the other can make it tricky for me to get on with them.

I’m kind of your forum crush aren’t I? :newwink:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Humility.

Character traits aside, artistic inclinations are a gigantic plus. It can be anything.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Protective of others. They typically have a big heart and are closet idealists under all the armor they wear on a daily basis :heart:

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sensitivity.

Which I believe weaves into humility. I like seeing others being vulnerable with each other and accepting of another's faults. I'm not always great with this myself so I enjoy having other sensitive people around me who help me feel safe enough to express my feels.

á´…eparted

passages
Honestly, I don't think I can say. It's all too complicated. There is no distinct trait or set I go for. All I can conclude is that I like people who are in some way very interesting to me.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am drawn to those whose thirst for the truth overrides their preferences. I find them interesting and admire both their intellect and ability to seek out the truth, especially when they know it may not be what they want it to be. I am intrigued by those who don't follow the crowd or what is popular, and aren't swayed even when they realize that what they discover may be far removed from what they prefer or want to believe.

When I encounter those who exhibit these qualities, I tend to stop and listen. They inspire me to want to clear my preconceptions and look at things with new eyes.

YES.

It takes great courage to seek truth in that way. It can be excruciating when your, lets say, opinions do not mesh with a new found insight.

Lark

Reciprocity in what way?

Relationships shouldn't be a forced exchange. "It's because I give you, that you should give me, otherwise, you are an ungrateful person, and I regret liking/loving you in the first place, because I'm frustrated and cannot force you to like me/love me back".

This creates tension in many relationships instead of letting things happen naturally, and it makes one feel like a prisoner with no free will to choose doing things out of their own volition.

Instead, one should give, like and love, or whatever, without awaiting anything in return.

Would you rather receive the present of someone who offered it to you because they simply wanted to, someone who just gave it to you with the complete freedom to do whatever you want to do with it? Or, would you rather receive the present of someone who constantly keeps asking you about it, pointing out to everyone that they offered it to you, and making you know every goddamn time that they're waiting for something in return?

I think I posted about not thinking relationships are an exchange based thing in another thread.

I was going to post "good listener" but then I'm a good listener and then I thought good conversationalist but that did not exactly cover it, I know whatever people post could be deconstructed or clarified or spark some definition.