First 567

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Siúil a Rún View Post
    ME ME ME ME ME ME
    I would date Bill. He's awesome.

And passive? He has tons of pride completely separate from social norms.
    But . . . why does she kiss him in the end? I was following the scene up until then, and would probably react much the same as this Bill character.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha
    Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    But . . . why does she kiss him in the end? I was following the scene up until then.
    EXACTLY
    She didn't believe what he said, and I think he meant it. I didn't care for that either. I think it was a misstep in the writing.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

Tempbanned

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

EXACTLY
    She didn't believe what he said, and I think he meant it. I didn't care for that either. I think it was a misstep in the writing.
    I'm not familiar with the movie so can't evaluate it in context, but don't disagree. I can say I would have reacted as he did, and would have been far less charitable. She seems to think she is doing him a favor. To me, it would have been an imposition.

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I'm not familiar with the movie so can't evaluate it in context, but don't disagree. I can say I would have reacted as he did, and would have been far less charitable. She seems to think she is doing him a favor. To me, it would have been an imposition.
    It's from the show "Freaks and Geeks" and the girl's character is Vicky, a really bossy, snotty cheerleader. There is no other interaction between them throughout the show. I like that the scene initially shows his dignity and personality. The majority of character development in the show is done quite well and captures teenage life.

Edit: I'll have to add that it does really bother me how deeply normative assumptions permeate. There is a normative assumption that deep down everyone wants to kiss the bossy cheerleader if given the chance and it isn't true. I feel that same way about the male equivalents. Just because someone fits society's norms for attractiveness and social success doesn't mean they are attractive to everyone - especially independent thinkers.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

filling some space Ghost of the dead horse's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I like people who's first name's md5 hash has the least significant bit 0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tempbanned

I just think it's extremely easy to just cast an aspersion on a cheerleader, and I don't appreciate it, from a personal standpoint.

I'm not putting limits on what you can and can't think, but I had a friend in junior high who was a cheerleader and she really wasn't a terrible person. Maybe I'm being sentimental, but it kind of gave me a knee-jerk reaction because I still feel like they're easy targets. Maybe I'm being too sentimental though, so if you still want to criticize this sentiment, feel free.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It's from the show "Freaks and Geeks" and the girl's character is Vicky, a really bossy, snotty cheerleader. There is no other interaction between them throughout the show. I like that the scene initially shows his dignity and personality. The majority of character development in the show is done quite well and captures teenage life.

Edit: I'll have to add that it does really bother me how deeply normative assumptions permeate. There is a normative assumption that deep down everyone wants to kiss the bossy cheerleader if given the chance and it isn't true. I feel that same way about the male equivalents. Just because someone fits society's norms for attractiveness and social success doesn't mean they are attractive to everyone - especially independent thinkers.
    I just now saw your edit. I agree about the assumptions. I would have absolutely no interest in the bossy cheerleader (note the emphasis on "bossy"), and in general find my standards for what I consider attractive to be outside the mainstream. I suppose movies like this one cater to the masses, so will follow the stereotypes in order to have broader appeal. It takes talent to show the universality in a relationship of outsiders, but then that is part of what makes a good movie or book "good".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

surprising people. people that say and do things that i couldn't anticipate...but in a good, delightfully funny way.

creativity of thought, appreciation of beauty, depth of emotion, eloquence, awkwardness, adventurousness, easygoingness
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

graciousness, its so not common and similarly decorous, being kind when you don't have to, but knowing it will be impactful.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes Lady_X, Luminous liked this post