User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    i totally understand where you are coming from with this and i have actually been guilty of doing just that in the past. i leaned to heavily on non verbal cues and what i felt someone was meaning from my intuition. it took an istp to say to me if your not sure ask, you are making alot of assumptions and not taking what i am saying to you at face value, if i say it i mean it, no more no less.
    Now i definetly ask questions before relying on non verbal cues .. doesnt mean i dont recognize or acknowledge them anymore i just follow them up and listen to the verbal cues that follow.
    The highlighted is my preference as well.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

if i say it i mean it.
    Well, you know how much I hate you.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Look, hopefully nobody's claiming this as a superpower, any more so than Ni'ers ought to claim that their leading Perceiving function is a superpower. IMO it's a near-perfect analog.

Leaving that aspect aside for the moment.. yeah, people pay attention to and weigh different sorts of information. What information is accurate? What information leads to the best conclusions when weighted? Do the ol' mirror neurons actually give you an experiential sense of what another person is thinking or feeling? All I can speak for is what I've seen (mostly in other people), but in some contexts it can be pretty spot on and significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I control and use mine significantly and I pay very close attention to it when with others, it's always on. It's not all I rely on though, so I can navigate with someone when it isn't or can't be used, but it is much more challening. I also can not comfortably solely rely on it.

I extract data in social situation from as many angles as I possibly can to build an accurate picture. Words, logic, tones, body language, contexts, external factors (environment). Lots said, but lots unsaid. It's all useful, but they rely on one another to be useful.
    Same. For me, just replace "I also can not comfortably solely rely on it" with "I'd likely accidentally fall down a well or walk in front of traffic or become the target of an angry mob or cut my own fingers off with a bandsaw or something else Final Destination-y if I dared to solely rely on it."
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes N/A liked this post

Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post
    Look, hopefully nobody's claiming this as a superpower, any more so than Ni'ers ought to claim that their leading Perceiving function is a superpower. IMO it's a near-perfect analog.

Leaving that aspect aside for the moment.. yeah, people pay attention to and weigh different sorts of information. What information is accurate? What information leads to the best conclusions when weighted? Do the ol' mirror neurons actually give you an experiential sense of what another person is thinking or feeling? All I can speak for is what I've seen (mostly in other people), but in some contexts it can be pretty spot on and significant.

Same. For me, just replace "I also can not comfortably solely rely on it" with "I'd likely accidentally fall down a well or walk in front of traffic or become the target of an angry mob or cut my own fingers off with a bandsaw or something else Final Destination-y if I dared to solely rely on it."
    Not to be all gloom and doom, but I learned indicators of other people's distress and anger to reduce how they might take it out on me... From as far back as I can remember. From years of it being my primary focus, I would like to think that I am fairly skilled at it. And I think the Fe-Ni combination enhanced it all the more.
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Well, you know how much I hate you.
    lol and you know exactly how much i hate you..words dont lie
    Likes Sacrophagus liked this post

MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

it took an istp to say to me if your not sure ask, you are making alot of assumptions and not taking what i am saying to you at face value, if i say it i mean it, no more no less.
    This was the exact reverse for me and my ENFP 7w6 ex.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by deathwarmedup View Post
    This was the exact reverse for me and my ENFP 7w6 ex.
    meaning this is what you told your ex?

MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

meaning this is what you told your ex?
    it's what she told me

I'm a 6w5. Suspicion of motives is always there. I used to suspect manipulation. She would insist that her words be taken at face value. She said that what she said was what she meant. I came to believe her. More or less.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by deathwarmedup View Post
    it's what she told me I'm a 6w5. Suspicion of motives is always there. I used to suspect manipulation. She would insist that her words be taken at face value. She said that what she said was what she meant. I came to believe her. More or less.
    okay makes sense,to me

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post

Lawyer :"That accusation has no basis."

Cal Lightman :"What do you mean? He just told me."

Coriolis :"Did I miss something? The prisoner was silent all the time. I can't unders-tatat-- """"404 CANNOT COMPUTE ....

great show, I find the subject of micro expressions quite interesting, although hard to spot to the untrained eye
    Likes Cellmold liked this post