User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    It's your choice to believe a lie. :shrugs:
    It certainly is. How I act is my choice, too, and a separate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    This is a problem when the person is lying about somebody else, or doing sneaky, manipulative things that affect other people and lying about it to the third, neutral party.
    That it is. Unless I have credible evidence as to what the truth is, however, assumptions on my part are as likely to make matters worse as to help.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That it is. Unless I have credible evidence as to what the truth is, however, assumptions on my part are as likely to make matters worse as to help.
    By believing the lies that the person or people were telling you, accepting them at face value, you would be making assumptions. That's an assumption--the assumption that they're telling the truth.

It certainly is. How I act is my choice, too, and a separate one.
    As it is my choice to behave as I wish. I'm not the one with the narrow focus. My perspective is one of diversity.

People who aren't good at reading body language, shouldn't rely on their body language reading, such as yourself. Verification is a good idea. That said, verification doesn't equate to accuracy since people lie all the time.

Myself, I do okay and according to the two different tests, am very good so I will rely on this strength even though it's not bullet proof. But my life experiences have proven to me that it's been a good strategy for me since I don't get fooled very often, particularly by car salesmen. Perhaps I can introduce you my friend who owns a luxury car dealership. I'm sure his best salesman can help you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

By believing the lies that the person or people were telling you, accepting them at face value, you would be making assumptions. That's an assumption--the assumption that they're telling the truth.
    I don't have to accept what someone is saying as truth in order to understand it is the placeholder I need to work with in order to make progress, progress that often includes uncovering the truth. This is much like calling a bluff.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    As it is my choice to behave as I wish. I'm not the one with the narrow focus. My perspective is one of diversity.

People who aren't good at reading body language, shouldn't rely on their body language reading, such as yourself. Verification is a good idea. That said, verification doesn't equate to accuracy since people lie all the time.

Myself, I do okay and according to the two different tests, am very good so I will rely on this strength even though it's not bullet proof. But my life experiences have proven to me that it's been a good strategy for me since I don't get fooled very often, particularly by car salesmen. Perhaps I can introduce you my friend who owns a luxury car dealership. I'm sure his best salesman can help you.
    There is more than one way to avoid being fooled by the likes of salesmen. You can beat them at their own game, or as I prefer, refuse to play. I do my homework, set my terms, and walk if they are not met. Does wonders to cut through sales BS. Worked for 4 cars now and counting.
    Likes Metis liked this post

There is more than one way to avoid being fooled by the likes of salesmen. You can beat them at their own game, or as I prefer, refuse to play. I do my homework, set my terms, and walk if they are not met. Does wonders to cut through sales BS. Worked for 4 cars now and counting.
    I love this advice.

I don't have to accept what someone is saying as truth in order to understand it is the placeholder I need to work with in order to make progress, progress that often includes uncovering the truth. This is much like calling a bluff.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here, though. How do you go about that--using what the person said as a placeholder and using it to find out the truth?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I'm not sure what you're saying here, though. How do you go about that--using what the person said as a placeholder and using it to find out the truth?
    Can't speak for her, but I could see how you can use what they say at face value as an 'anchor.' A starting point. That is, assume that they're telling the truth, at face value, until you gather enough evidence and/or reasoning and/or feeling-instinct -- each of those to the extent you're 'capable' and give the most weight -- to convince yourself otherwise.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Tilt liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think body language and verbal language can be a 50/50 thing.

But I also think a lot of time verbal and body language speak at the same time. If someone slaps you and says shut up you should probably shut the hell up you know. XD

But in general people's bodies DO speak and I think you can see certain things by analyzing how their body responds. So I think it is important. Many things go unspoken.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You act as if it were true, even though you know or at least suspect it is not.

Socionics
    EIE Ni

Hmmm... Interesting. I have purposely misled people by using body language to help confirm their biases... and I don't have to say a thing. And these are people who swear up and down that they are skilled at reading body language.