• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your least favorite quality in other people?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
bigotry. transphobia, homophobia, racism and all the horrible ways people try to justify it and come to its defense. -_-

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have seen people dismissed as "karens", though, when they are complaining about things that legitimately need to be fixed. People who are willing to speak up and be insistent, despite the pushback from those in charge, the disapproval of onlookers, and the hurdles often put in place to prevent it, often end up doing us all a favor by getting problems fixed and situations improved.

(Nevermind the negative affects of this term on people actually named Karen - like one of my cousins.)

That is a good way to look at it. Yeah, I can understand if there's a problem is there that needs to be fixed, like an allergen or getting the wrong order. It's when they start to humiliate the employees, or put so much time into things that can easily be fixed that I really start to get steamed. When you can really here the seething anger in their voice. I've had customers actually named Karen that were perfectly kind-maybe the term is being overused a bit. I do have some guilt of acting like one-well it wasn't to the staff themselves. I was one when I was 10-I remember I ordered milk at a fair and then said chocolate quickly afterwards and no one heard me and I really should have expected that. My milk was just chilling there, and they asked why it was and I said it's cause I wanted chocolate. I remember too my mom ordered for me at a restaurant-I pointed at a "Baja Burger", and I said I wasn't sure how to pronounce that so I thought she would have registered that I didn't know how to say Baja but she ordered the thing above it. I could have just corrected her but instead I just whined when the dish arrived to the table and I said, "I am not eating that!". It's been years but I still beat myself up over that.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just dislike when people seem indifferent to everyone's feelings but their own.

It reminds me of how in horror movies, the villains will put you through Hell and ignore all your screams n stuff. But the minute you fight back and do something as small as poke them in the eye, they're like "Ow, my eye!!!" How does that work?

LillyRoar

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don’t know what my least favorite quality in people are. But I know I find it REALLY UNATTRACTIVE when people lack self reflection. An inability for introspection and self awareness and self control. Falling for every impulse and whatever storm might hit you in life. THAT is very unattractive to me. Resilience is sexy.

Also, an inability to make mental connections and people who are too literal.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Insistence on conflict (especially waged through subtle, indirect means, rather than openly) and throwing your weight around just for the sake of it. Oh, and the fact that some people don't like that doesn't necessarily mean they are weak or a pushover. :)

Idiocy and ignorance, on the other hand, I can usually forgive tolerate.

Yeah, I don't like this either. Personally, I am not a passive or subtle person--I tend to be very direct. Some people have falsely accused me of being passive-aggressive when I wasn't, though.

Disliking conflict doesn't make a person a weakling or a pushover, but not standing your own ground because you can't deal with it does...or at least, in that one area (strength has multiple definitions / facets). I think being passive-aggressive is a part of weakness also...part of why if I have something to say to someone, I outright say it, I don't beat around the bush about things. I've been straightforward and direct since I was little though. It's not something I'm afraid to do, I'm a bold person.

Does anyone throw their weight around for the sake of it though? That seems like some sort of shallow understanding of what's going on tbh.

Re: what I said above about "idiocy" - was a vent about a very specific situation with a now-ex / then-bf that is not on here who I would try and try to talk things out with, only to be met by a wall. So I'd say it was more like he kept invalidating my feelings / views, refusing to listen, and then coming up with his own ideas of what things were. Not idiocy.

Mole

Permabanned
Those of us who think, on a site devoted to the measurement of personality, they have carte blanche to comment on the personality of others.

We comment on the personality of others, when we want to manipulate them, and are insecure in our own personality.

A secure person respects their own boundaries and the boundaries of others, and limits themselves to the issues, and to speaking about themselves.

yubih

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bigotry, arrogance, being mean just to be mean without any reason, people who make mean jokes/talk bad about others and say others are too sensitive but the moment you fight back/make a mean joke about them they get offended and cry about it

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Cruelty, or excessive and unwarranted cynicism or bitterness.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Another one-oversensivity/being easy offended. Like, I don't understand people who see something they don't like and just immediately jumping at it like a lion. Not without stepping back and taking a mental check. They're often making something out of nothing that I can't see what's so important to them. Even the things I see as more serious I just can't immediately lash out like that. Gathering all the facts first is important. I've noticed in myself too, while I often bite my tongue, I say things that are awkward and that I don't expect to cause conflict and so the conflict comes and it's like, "Well that just happened." Not saying I'm the in the right, but I'm not saying they are either.

Also, I think everyone is guilty of this at some point, but some people are just like it all the time-the type of people you can always say, "If the shoe fits" to. You can tell those types of people are up to no good.

PrecisionPlay

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
A lack of reason. Also the near-synonym, sts, of willful ignorance.

People who don't try to understand, comprehend, look within or just generally be a reasonable, rational person, drive me insane. It is repellent and I will quickly put distance between myself and them.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These false trauma accusations for attention, power, and money are getting me quite disgusted. It's mostly celebrities that I'm thinking about, although it's more personal to me because I've had people jerk my compassion around with lies and exaggerations throughout my life. Sometimes the person was geniunely sick, but sometimes it's harder to know. It's really awful because it places people who have actual trauma at greater risk of dismissal. It's when it becomes chic to take selfies with smeared mascara and it's obvious the person thinks they look so pretty. It's shit like Lana Del Rey's video "Pretty When You Cry (Rape)" video on youtube. I want to give these people something to actually cry about. Trauma is not a new fashion look. It's not a fresh approach to make up artistry. I need to find a way to decompress the rage they instill in me.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
These false trauma accusations for attention, power, and money are getting me quite disgusted. It's mostly celebrities that I'm thinking about, although it's more personal to me because I've had people jerk my compassion around with lies and exaggerations throughout my life. Sometimes the person was geniunely sick, but sometimes it's harder to know. It's really awful because it places people who have actual trauma at greater risk of dismissal. It's when it becomes chic to take selfies with smeared mascara and it's obvious the person thinks they look so pretty. It's shit like Lana Del Rey's video "Pretty When You Cry (Rape)" video on youtube. I want to give these people something to actually cry about. Trauma is not a new fashion look. It's not a fresh approach to make up artistry. I need to find a way to decompress the rage they instill in me.

There are many people with deep identity disturbances beyond whatever attention-whoring they decide to "enact" online.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A lack of reason. Also the near-synonym, sts, of willful ignorance.

People who don't try to understand, comprehend, look within or just generally be a reasonable, rational person, drive me insane. It is repellent and I will quickly put distance between myself and them.

Oh hi "Junior Member".

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
closed mindedness...fuck.

please...go outside of your bubble and learn to gain empathy and acceptance to shit that is different.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are many people with deep identity disturbances beyond whatever attention-whoring they decide to "enact" online.
I regret if my post sounds too harsh for the grey area people. I was feeling more triggered by the blatant people who use it to destroy other people and get their money. There are grey area people who aren't well, but they mis-identify the suffering. Maybe they are mentally ill, but transfer it to being physically sick or traumatized. I have compassion for that.

Lark

I still think I dislike absent mindedness or failures in engaging Thinking.

Like people who change lanes without awareness of cars around them or using their indicators, the people who are totally lacking in awareness are worse even than the people who deliberately are doing wrong, next to that I really hate the "reflexive asshole" types, so whatever the situation their default setting will be to act selfishly or with malice.

F**king chimpanzees.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
thumb_i-think-you-should-get-off-your-high-horse-because-52657664.png