• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your least favorite quality in other people?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personal qualities are like articles of clothing. Even very ugly ones can suit the right person marvelously. That being said, a few really stand out to me as negative; for example, being judgmental and critical of other people.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Giving up on relationships (platonic, etc.) easily, or without trying to resolve things to the best of one's ability. Not fighting to keep it. I interpret it as low investment because I think people tend to fight for what they truly value. It just shows a lack of heart (as in investment, passion, oomph, etc.).

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those who try to start shit with people they hardly know in a public space.

People who gossip and tell everyone about something someone did.

Black Sun

I can't list just one.

People who:
can't keep secrets
jump to conclusions
get defensive way too easily
don't think before they talk or act
get easily upset in the workplace. Leave the childishness and bitchiness at home.
can't see things from another person's point of view
are passive-aggressive
are irrational
lack empathy
are dogmatic
don't respect the individual and justify being unfair to others because of what they perceive as their social role or position
are not passionate about even one thing
are excessively sentimental
have an explosive temper and a violent nature that they don't try to control at all. Being stupid is the cherry on top. Modern neanderthals.
are domineering
avoid getting real with another person or avoid heavy discussions
are superficial
care too much about what other people think of them and expect me to be the same way
are prone to being snide
are prone to wallowing in self-pity

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Distorted thinking/logic. I hate this more than words can express. Like when you keep trying to talk to someone and every time you aim the ball at the target it ends up in the left field because they just don't get it no matter how you explain it.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I will outright reject anyone who sides with someone they know is wrong just because they're a friend/family/etc. in a heartbeat. It's a 0 tolerance thing for me, I'm like nope. Fuck off.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Insistence on conflict (especially waged through subtle, indirect means, rather than openly) and throwing your weight around just for the sake of it. Oh, and the fact that some people don't like that doesn't necessarily mean they are weak or a pushover. :)

Idiocy and ignorance, on the other hand, I can usually forgive tolerate.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Insistence on conflict (especially waged through subtle, indirect means, rather than openly) and throwing your weight around just for the sake of it. Oh, and the fact that some people don't like that doesn't necessarily mean they are weak or a pushover. :)

^^^ this and unnecessary judgement …. like okay great keep that shit to yourself LIVE YOUR LIFE.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not a fan of mean people - bullies, people who torture animals, and galactic overlords like Thanos (like wtf Thanos, go get a hobby).

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Besides violent tendencies, I'd say people who can't get off their high horse and try to look at things from a different point of view/try to truly understand the situation.

One that comes really close is Karenness. It's funny to see it in public for the most part, but imagine how their children feel seeing their mom act like that when they just wanted to eat. Do they treat their partner that low? They don't see people as human, really. I think to just act so freely whiny in public like that and degrade people that you see lower than you like that, even if it's just that one incident at McDonald's is reflection of your character.

Also hoity-toity, overtly perverse, thoughtless douchebags who think they're all that. Nasty.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One that comes really close is Karenness. It's funny to see it in public for the most part, but imagine how their children feel seeing their mom act like that when they just wanted to eat. Do they treat their partner that low? They don't see people as human, really. I think to just act so freely whiny in public like that and degrade people that you see lower than you like that, even if it's just that one incident at McDonald's is reflection of your character.

Also hoity-toity, overtly perverse, thoughtless douchebags who think they're all that. Nasty.
I have seen people dismissed as "karens", though, when they are complaining about things that legitimately need to be fixed. People who are willing to speak up and be insistent, despite the pushback from those in charge, the disapproval of onlookers, and the hurdles often put in place to prevent it, often end up doing us all a favor by getting problems fixed and situations improved.

(Nevermind the negative affects of this term on people actually named Karen - like one of my cousins.)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Cruelty and/ or lack of empathy. Also general pettiness, not being able to be measured and mature about things, etc.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course always cruelty is the worst trait. I feel a lot of frustration about game-playing and crooked language use. I'm inconsistent in perceiving it because I didn't grow up with it in my family. I used to get taken in by it all.the.time, and have become more perceptive over the years by trying to learn what is happening. I don't like having to consider the range of possibilities it introduces. I think in the end reality wins, so what is the point of falseness? It gives people a conning edge in the short-term, but it feels like such a waste of energy.

I've been trying to develop a method of perceiving falsehood without getting too swept up into paranoid perceptions. I don't like to invent motivations for people that don't align with their words, so I try to look at things with simpler outcomes. Does a person have something to gain or lose? What is gained or lost and is there a simple definable reason why that aligns with their values? I also try to picture what they've said and allow myself to ask, "Could that actually happen?" "Can I picture this happening in reality?" I've learned to be dismissive of language because it is expressed all over the map in human relationships with truth not consisting of the bulk of it and instead look at actions, but you can't always know actions. I don't like these complications.