• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your least favorite quality in other people?

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
Quality isn't a good word here. Trait would be better. People are listing things that are literally the opposite of qualities.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Quality isn't a good word here. Trait would be better. People are listing things that are literally the opposite of qualities.

fxy4VyH.jpg

Pedantic much?

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Yo someone come ban this guy he’s advertising his site!

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Those who use and manipulate people to their own selfish ends. Similarly, those who at least don't put in the effort to show gratitude and thanks when someone does something for them.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Assuming you understand someone's intentions/motives by observing one single action that doesn't even come with any detail or backstory. I've read someone summarizing this as judging before, but I call it stupidity.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Excessively praising someone for being a great person (to the point where it's suspicious) until they have some personal conflict and don't like them anymore, then suddenly all the false accusations come out.

Lark

I could say "playing dumb as a debate tactic".

Although I'd have to say creating multiple accounts in order to post about the idea using a dupe account in some bizarre act of foreshadowing first.

:bye::bye:

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
People who are inconsiderate of others. It's not difficult to be considerate and self-aware enough to like...not let a door slam in someone's face if they're behind you, or clean up after yourself when someone could possibly come in after you to use that space. It bothers me when people live in a world that only revolves around themselves and they somehow fail to acknowledge that there are other people in this world and that what they say or do has an effect on others.

TLDR; your own personal orbit and gravity effects the orbit and gravity of others, be mindful of it.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Not admitting when wrong, not taking responsibility for your own shit.
Absolute deal breaker. Have a nice life.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I can't think of anything 'original' except for maybe one thing. I mean, everyone dislikes people who are not honest, not authentic, disrespectful, overly arrogant,...

But as a 'favorite' quality I often times see people mention loyalty. I suppose everyone likes someone who's loyal (makes sense) but I dislike loyalty that causes people to stop thinking for themselves. As in; I defend this person simply because they are my friend/partner, not because I agree with them. It's something I can't stand and I actually think it's manipulative (or it can easily become manipulative/toxic) to expect someone to always be 'loyal'. (I don't even deem not defending someone as being disloyal, but some people do) It's as if they are not even their own person anymore.

I appreciate my friends who speak up for their own opinion even when it differs from mine, who let me speak for myself (I can defend myself, I don't need anyone to do that for me). And I appreciate my friends even more when they accept the fact that I won't always stand by their side when they do or say something I don't approve of. We're still friends regardless- we don't always have to agree with each other, I want them to speak up and I hope they can appreciate my honesty too. Even if it means that they have to 'take down' my arguments in front of other people. I'd rather have that than having them 'agree' with me simply because they feel the need to defend me/not hurt my feelings (or for whatever reason someone would pretend to agree with someone).
It'd rather make me feel as if they can't be themselves around me, that would make me feel worse.

*To add: the loyalty I describe here specifically relates to behaviour in groups. It's different when you have a one-on-one argument of course. (If you can't even speak your own mind then your relationship is just extremely toxic. But the 'being loyal in a group to one another' is something I've heard about a few times. I think it's very odd.)

Edit: thinking about it. Not even only in groups. Even when someone talks about an argument/interaction they had with someone else and they expect me to 'take their side' simply because they are my friend/partner- you're at the wrong address. Some people do get butthurt over this. Luckily some people do appreciate to hear a different point of view from time to time. And I enjoy it too- when someone can look at a situation I talk about without having to feel the need to 'take my side', you don't even have to take a side at all. Just listen and say whatever you think.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
@Schrödinger's Name It's loyalty to peoples' egos and feelings instead of loyalty to the truth and fairness or justice. MBTI would technically say this is one way an F/T distinction may manifest itself, but fuck the MBTI. It's simply a choice.

I hate it also though. Ties into people not wanting to admit when they're wrong or take responsibility for things they have done.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right now, today, this moment, my least favorite quality in other humans is grand-standing over minutiae to validate rapists.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Victim mindset. Self-pity, self-loathing. Damsel dependency, "helpless" rescuee.