• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your least favorite quality in other people?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My older brother told me once about going on a date with a girl at this high class restaurant, only to walk out on her when she asked for A1 sauce for her $30 steak.

That's a little harsh but yeah, i can understand that.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A lack of universal ethics. Or elevating simplistic notions such « empathy » - a basic human ability as if it were a virtue [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION]

A lot of common virtues are virtues for a good reason as without them we couldn't stay together long and therefore it is a basic human abillty for a very good reason. By the way what do you mean by universal ethics?

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Over-controlling people who criticize everyone for the sake of polishing their ego or asserting a chimeric superiority, victimizing themselves, blaming others for feeling a certain way instead of trying to understand where they're coming from, and guilt tripping them for being a certain way instead of simply choosing between accepting them or letting them go.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People who use insincere simpering flattery and/or fake or exaggerated uncertainty as an appeal to authority/attempt at manipulation.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
A lot of common virtues are virtues for a good reason as without them we couldn't stay together long and therefore it is a basic human abillty for a very good reason.
you mean like compassion?

By the way what do you mean by universal ethics?
If murder is wrong - it is always wrong. etc. to give a simple example.
Most people who claim to espouse universal ethics don't. As they'll soon give you a 'counter example' of a 'special case' they can't actually backup with anything else than, usually 'empathy'.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
People with impulse control problems. This would include most criminals and people like Harvey Weinstein and people who buy 20 pairs of shoes or hoard 8 cats because they can't help themselves.

Lark

People with impulse control problems. This would include most criminals and people like Harvey Weinstein and people who buy 20 pairs of shoes or hoard 8 cats because they can't help themselves.

You cant personally know any of those people surely?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Survive & Stay Free said:
You cant personally know any of those people surely?

I have an obsessive shoe buyer in the family; she's almost perfect but for this one fatal flaw.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mental weakness annoys me to no end.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
My older brother told me once about going on a date with a girl at this high class restaurant, only to walk out on her when she asked for A1 sauce for her $30 steak.
Had a night job once as innkeeper for this fancy old hotel with a fancy restaurant in it. At night I used to microwave filet mignons to a black leathery perfection and drown them in A1 on the regular.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Actually walking out is a bit extra but I'd silently judge the shit out of her.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A nothing-is-sacred philosophy where nothing has inherent value to them, and other people deserve whatever pain they get from their attachments. Actively creating a more shut down world by exploiting the care others have for things just to teach them a cold lesson, or maybe even worse, just for fun.

Also, people who see themselves as radical or rebellious just for how aggressively they enforce ideas that are actually age-old and normative.

If the sauce was just sitting there and they used it, it would actually be fucking adorable and endearing to me. But the element of *asking* for it shows a tone-deafness to context that could be coming from a benign or incidental place but could also be an issue - far from something to walk out on just yet, but absolutely something to note and watch and learn more about what the origin is.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lack of care or effort. I don't mind ignorance, I don't mind impulsiveness. As long as you step back after you've made a mistake, say 'I've made a mistake' and do your best to make it right. I can't stand people who go 'well I've made a mistake, that's that. No use trying to do the right thing now'. But that might just childhood trauma speaking, did not have a reliable upbringing.

If the sauce was just sitting there and they used it, it would actually be fucking adorable and endearing to me. But the element of *asking* for it shows a tone-deafness to context that could be coming from a benign or incidental place but could also be an issue - far from something to walk out on just yet, but absolutely something to note and watch and learn more about what the origin is.

I'm not sure if I'd be bold enough to walk out midway through dinner, but I think simply using it within this context does show a lack of appreciation. I don't mind if someone I'm seeing has simple tastes as long as they're relatively healthy with their diet, but if I spend the money to go somewhere fancy and buy someone a $30 steak that has no doubt been marinated to heaven and back and they dump a pile of A1 sauce on it, I'm absolutely going to be turned off. I may not even go on another date with the person if it is early enough in the relationship. It's just... not classy.

Spectre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can think of a long, long list of things that I would list out if I had time.

I've wondered sometimes if its a creeping misanthropy and I can say its worse when I'm stressed out or angry

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, what do you mean by facade polishing?

When people are going to great lengths to polish their exterior, their image so to speak.
Since we all have a limited amount of energy and resources it inevitably means that the core of things(the real things and issues) are sacrificed for for the facade.

And when it comes to socializing, I personally have no interest in trying to get to know a piece of fiction.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, like that one thing that just completely turns you off to a person with pretty much no hope of ever reconciling just because you can't stand it about them?

Mine: people who are argumentative for the pure sake of being argumentative. You can't say a single fucking thing around these people without them starting a debate about it. I cannot STAND it.

What are yours?

But it's soooo fun. Escpecially when they get angry.

I don’t like closeminded people. I see them as naïve, and I also dislike people who are too sentimental over unimportant subjects.

btw, cool avatar. But this one would be way better.:thumbup:

122065755.jpg
or this one:
fb34417d445ce0bd961d5e29bf7c04a4.jpg
I personnaly find this one really cool:
villain_deku__10_by_rollingthunder24-dbzv3cp.jpg

Lark

I really dont like people who dont mind their own business, most of the time they are incredibly presumptuous.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Super emphatic people like not just to give their shirt and pants away to the needing party, they're stripping everyone else of their clothes to give them to the needy. Super emphatic people are definitely on the top on my shit list of the most unethical (bad) people around. Bad.

I mean, bad in the sense that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie should be made about the kind of bad that person does and he/she should receive a bullet in the head in the end of it.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's simple, an angry person. My father had Explosive anger personality. One minute he's fine and your good buddy, and the next he's hurling his verbal onslaught.

"Expressing anger is a form of public littering." Willard Gaylin

In my view anger unless one or one they love is physically threatened is a temporary psychosis. It is an emotional trigger from the depths of your unconscious. You are littering the world with your anger. If one has this disposition then it can be a hard habit to break and or deescalate. It's easier said than done but have ab internal locus of control and problem solve or refocus on something you can do. Walk away rather than pouring gasoline unto the fires with your own unfinished business and unresolved inner conflict.

"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding." Mahatma Gandhi

In giving in to anger your brain is being flooded by chemicals and hormones and you are not using judicious discretion.

“Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right reason, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” Aristotle