• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever had dreams that actually happened in real life afterwards?

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
For instance, you dream about a very specific event with specific people happening, something that you couldn't really predict happening or expect, and then months or years later it actually happens, and you recall having a dream that was the exact same situation with the same surroundings, feelings, and people ect?

This is happened to me a couple of times!

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haven't had any precognitive dreams like the ones you've described, but quite often I would dream about someone that I haven't seen in a long time and it's very unlikely that I'll see them, but then the next day I either come across them somewhere or they call me on the phone.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Yeah. I had dreams about my ex-partner in a period we haven't seen each other for a long time. She was crying for my help and seeking my protection in the dream. I thought it was just some subconscious wishful thinking, or a form of yearning. I've seen the same dream the next week, and almost woke up at 3a.m. When I tried to mentally sweep it under the rug, she called me crying. Apparently, she could never move on, among other things.

When you have a strong connection with someone, no matter how many months or years go by, you will experience synchronicity.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, all the time. I can constantly predict and gauge when a lot of things will occur. I just think some people are more attuned to energy than others. Trust your instincts. 👍🏼

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
definetly happens frequently but agree [MENTION=33816]biohazard[/MENTION] some people are energy sensitive, I know that I am and I also have Premonitions as well, just waves of feelings that something is going to happen .. I love it

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes. I experience a lot of coincidental or predictive moments in waking life too.

A few weeks ago I was driving past a company I normally pay no attention to (on my daily commute home from work) and became very fixated on it, wondering if they were hiring for my position or similar positions. Then a day or two later my boss told me she'd put in her two weeks notice because she'd found a new job. Guess where she'd been hired?

This is fairly frequent, that I might randomly think about a person, object, et al I have no good reason to be reminded of, then shortly thereafter, they are somehow present or occurring in my life, maybe an old friend from ages ago who I haven't talked to since high school might call out of the blue after I had a dream or memory of them, that sort of thing.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It happens. Typically though, its a night where I see an thousand images and the next few weeks i experience nothing but deja vues. Not all of those images come to pass either. And, its not worth it coz its like pulling an allnighter, causing zombiemode for the next few days :offtobed:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I've had those. I was more in tune with such things as a child and was significantly more spiritual, so I had them fairly often. Haven't had any in years though

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Literally just went back through my dream journal (am picking it up again after two years of not) and found that my last entry, in 2016, was something about wandering through a city that was oddly isolated and desert-like, a strange hybrid of retrospective nostalgia and shiny modernity whose contemporary, sleek bits were the tallest along one isolated strip. I dreamed that I went to the tallest tower on the north side of those buildings, and found that it functioned as both a panoramic lookout with 360 degree views...as well as some self-contained amusement park, which at the time didn't make any sense.

Then I dreamed that I walked out onto a very small, narrow platform that extended into the open air on one side of that tower, looking out into this world that was colored like dust and neon, and then finally I was in free fall - but it was like I'd meant to, not that I'd fallen by accident.

A year after that dream, I had to go to Las Vegas/Paradise, where I discovered that you can pay to jump off the Stratosphere - the tallest structure in the city. Which I did. So that definitely felt like revisiting a place I'd only seen before in my head. I really didn't know anything about the Stratosphere's novelties prior to that dream, either, so it was one of those odd moments where I felt like I was fulfilling some predetermined need.

Lark

Its seldom happened but then given the content of some of my dreams I'm glad that's the case.

Lib

Permabanned
I also have precognitive dreams occasionally, even though I'm not inclined to believe in such stuff. For a long time, I was convinced that deja vu is just an illusion, where the brain mixes feeling and impressions with images and experiences, and it probably is most of the time.

Thinking or dreaming about someone who calls you shortly after that could be explained in many ways. Fx, you both might be subconsciously reminded of a common experience by watching the same popular movie or the news.

But then I had some pretty weird dreams detailed enough for me to notice, remember and even describe to someone else. I tend to analyze my dreams so I thought it's some sort of leap of imagination in a weird direction. And then these happened irl to the last weird detail leaving me absolutely clueless.

Is there any theory out there to explain this phenomenon?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do, and the most significant one is one that showed why and how a friend's friend was going to betray them.

It all played out, even down to the details of what my friend was wearing the time it happened.

If it was only a vague idea of an event, I would have brushed it off. The human subconscious picks things we might not even be consciously aware of, after all.
But the degree of detail that ended up playing out as is made that dream / event stick with me till now.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think De ja Vu is largely caused by dreams.

I pray that my dreams never become prophetic, because I've seen some savage things of the apocalypse variety one too many times. The most terrifying was probable the sun exploding and realizing you had only a few minutes to live as the blinding flames got closer and filled the sky.

Fascinating subject. I ‘met’ my second girlfriend in a dream a couple of months before actually meeting her. We were already dating in the dream.

I don’t really have precognitive dreams. Well not with any great frequency. What I do get sometimes is a brief description of something that will occur in the future. Ex: Tim is going to get struck by a car. Two weeks later Tim gets struck by a car. I’ll tell myself x is going to occur with someone or something and it does. It doesn’t happen often and it’s not something I can consciously control but I’ll be damned if it isn’t 100% correct when it does.

My theory? I’m always on about the universe being one giant thing. It isn’t just a collection of separate objects existing in a shared space. We’re all connected in some fashion. Living creatures and inanimate objects, we’re all descendants of the Big Bang. Someday science will explain why sometimes we see or think about events that come to pass, why we know someone we care about is in trouble at a time when logically we don’t have any information that confirms that. Yet sure enough later you find a friend or loved one was in danger at that moment. I’m not saying I believe a bunch of kooky new age hippie crap. I’m saying the universe is a complex environment and not everything is tangible. However nothing is truly unexplainable if you understand how it functions. Sadly, I won’t be around when science does catch up with reality and explains the so-called unexplainable.

I definitely could’ve worded that better but I’m only on my first cup of coffee. ;)

Lib

Permabanned
My theory? I’m always on about the universe being one giant thing. It isn’t just a collection of separate objects existing in a shared space. We’re all connected in some fashion. Living creatures and inanimate objects, we’re all descendants of the Big Bang. Someday science will explain why sometimes we see or think about events that come to pass, why we know someone we care about is in trouble at a time when logically we don’t have any information that confirms that. Yet sure enough later you find a friend or loved one was in danger at that moment. I’m not saying I believe a bunch of kooky new age hippie crap. I’m saying the universe is a complex environment and not everything is tangible. However nothing is truly unexplainable if you understand how it functions. Sadly, I won’t be around when science does catch up with reality and explains the so-called unexplainable.
I'd like to be able to explain it, though. Some of my dreams have nothing to do with the people in my life, but they still happen and I have no idea why I need to know this in advance.

I'd like to be able to explain it, though. Some of my dreams have nothing to do with the people in my life, but they still happen and I have no idea why I need to know this in advance.

I often wonder if those kinds of things are simply the subconscious inadvertently tapping into some kind of organic information superhighway of the universe. I hate having 98% of existence being a veiled mystery. Pounding my little brain against the unknown just leaves me tired and with a brain ache. :dry:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone get them while awake?

I don't really think dreams are prophetic, but simply a collection of observances that may or maynot have the probability of happening. Prophetic dreams might just be coincidence. There isnt much evidence of it being some kind of spiritual or outside influence. If it is, I got many elaborate details of the apocalypse and the universe. Anyways, I've had moments where I swear to god something will happen, stop, and it happens. My stopping prevented it from affecting me. I guess you can call it keen intuition in the classic sense. There is no rhyme or reason for these sudden intense feelings, and it can happen at any time. It happens within seconds to minutes of an event. I once stopped my friend running a stop sign like he does frequently, but we never had any close calls. This time though, a car came speeding by and we avoided being t-boned.

Other times its with electronics. I can sometimes tell when a light will burn out, when I flip a switch. Or something will go wrong. Its this little tickle in the back of my mind like someone tapping me on the shoulder and I have a subconscious realization, as I glance back with my 3rd eye/othersense. But like in a dream, Im somehow aware of there being something beyond the shadows of my consciousness. Its a bit disturbing if you think about it. I want to believe in spiritual existances, as I find existance very depressing.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night I dreamt that I was attacked by a hamster. We'll see...

Lib

Permabanned
I often wonder if those kinds of things are simply the subconscious inadvertently tapping into some kind of organic information superhighway of the universe. I hate having 98% of existence being a veiled mystery. Pounding my little brain against the unknown just leaves me tired and with a brain ache. :dry:
Or may be our subconsciousness, as well as everything around us, is part of the information highway.

Anyone get them while awake?

I don't really think dreams are prophetic, but simply a collection of observances that may or maynot have the probability of happening. Prophetic dreams might just be coincidence. There isnt much evidence of it being some kind of spiritual or outside influence. If it is, I got many elaborate details of the apocalypse and the universe. Anyways, I've had moments where I swear to god something will happen, stop, and it happens. My stopping prevented it from affecting me. I guess you can call it keen intuition in the classic sense. There is no rhyme or reason for these sudden intense feelings, and it can happen at any time. It happens within seconds to minutes of an event. I once stopped my friend running a stop sign like he does frequently, but we never had any close calls. This time though, a car came speeding by and we avoided being t-boned.

Other times its with electronics. I can sometimes tell when a light will burn out, when I flip a switch. Or something will go wrong. Its this little tickle in the back of my mind like someone tapping me on the shoulder and I have a subconscious realization, as I glance back with my 3rd eye/othersense. But like in a dream, Im somehow aware of there being something beyond the shadows of my consciousness. Its a bit disturbing if you think about it. I want to believe in spiritual existances, as I find existance very depressing.
In my teenage years, I would open a book on any random page and read what's written there, and in the same day or the next, something unexpected happens and calls for using the exact same information. I got to win a lot of radio quizzes during the said time :) I tend to score highest result at almost any test too.

I agree with you that most of precognitive dreams could be related somehow to our experience and cognitive processes, but I had one dream in particular that there was no way I could ever come up with, yet, it happened. The scenario could be related to fairy tales, in a sense that it's very, very weird.

I don't believe in anything spiritual, though.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've experienced one episode of precognition. I was tired from studying but not asleep. Just before the knowledge entered my mind, I became much more alert. The event came to pass several months later.

I think the theory is that there is a library in another dimension (the akashic records?) that humans can occasionally access if they're in a certain state of consciousness.