• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you ever had dreams that actually happened in real life afterwards?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've experienced one episode of precognition. I was tired from studying but not asleep. Just before the knowledge entered my mind, I became much more alert. The event came to pass several months later.

I think the theory is that there is a library in another dimension (the akashic records?) that humans can occasionally access if they're in a certain state of consciousness.

I know what that state of awareness is, and its called hypnagogia. Its pretty much pre-sleep. Its also the state Tetris effect, affects you the most in. This state, also allows you to do "astral projection".

Im not sure why, but mental clarity can happen if you are lucid in it. The problem is remembering them. I've had amazing thoughts and underatandings in this state. Its a great feeling.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yep, like I had this dream about going to work... and then i woke up and went to work. Wild.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I once had an overwhelming visceral sensation/awareness that someone I knew was going to be in a car accident. It was very odd, similar to the biological mechanisms you would expect to experience in witnessing an actual accident.

It happened a couple days later.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I left out an important detail. When I had the precognitive experience, there was no doubt in my mind that this thing would happen. That's what made the experience so memorable (along with the physiological change from sleepy to alert). I'm wondering if others had the same sense of certainty.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Many times.

Often, on purpose if I really focus.

Last edited:

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No but i've had weird flashes that something will happen while awake and it happens. I often ignore the 'premonitions' because I don't want to have to give into something that I considered to be paranoia at the time.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had very few instances where reality has synced up exactly like the dream, yet more often I encounter situations where something in real life feels very reminiscent of a dream, invoking a strong sense of deja vu, yet small details changed just slightly enough to differentiate between the dream.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not yet but I often dream that I'm a billionaire...

I'll tell ya when this will come true!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've had this happen in the form of a dream, but have had many instances of precognition occur over the years. It happened more when I was younger. My dreams are often very exciting going on for hours (or it seems like that anyway). I've woken up in the middle to go back to sleep to resume them. I have often thought I could turn them into a book or a movie because they are pretty entertaining with interesting stories.