• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

• Yes

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not anymore, but I have

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • I would never

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I take psych meds but not anti-depressents or anti-anxiety though i used to so i answered used to should've i answered yes? and i'm fine with people who do, they just didn't work for me

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I take psych meds but not anti-depressents or anti-anxiety though i used to so i answered used to should've i answered yes? and i'm fine with people who do, they just didn't work for me

For the purpose of the poll, "yes" would have been okay, but it is fine either way.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah I take psych meds but not for depression or anxiety.

But Ill put a yes

But tbh it doesnt really matter either way imo. Some people take them, some dont- its up to the individual and theres nothing wrong with either case imo.

Mole

Permabanned
To survive in a conformist society hostile to individuation it is necessary to be depressed. So most of us regularly take s powerful depressant called alcohol.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
To survive in a conformist society hostile to individuation it is necessary to be depressed. So most of us regularly take s powerful depressant called alcohol.

I can't even argue with this one, Mole. *pats Mole on back and calls him Chap*

Mole

Permabanned
I can't even argue with this one, Mole. *pats Mole on back and calls him Chap*

Yes, individuation brings exuberance. And exuberance is s direct threat to the necessary depression of the conformist.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I'm not sure its a good idea to volunteer that information online, could make you a target for burglary as there's a black market in prescription medication, possibly a target for worse if it makes you vulnerable by way of medication induced sleeping etc.

After spiders and the idea of surviving in the after-effects of a nuclear holocaust, this is my 3rd biggest fear in life.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and heart racing like Usain Bolt during the final stretch of the hundred meter dash, thinking about me stupidly making a post somewhere about an ailment I've been afflicted with and someone from one of the various internet social outlets using this knowledge to triangulate my location and *gulp* steal my over-the-counter medicines.

Over the years I've tried lots of different forms of treatment to try to overcome this anxiety that is starting to impact my life both personally and professionally, included but not limited to: intense psychotherapy, pills, holistic medicine, and....* attention drifts as intense repressed traumatic memories begin to over overwhelm me * shock therapy.

I've been studied by some of the greatest minds in medicine, yet no one can seem to provide any real explanation or any long-term relief for this -- I've been told that they want to try new experimental procedure called a "frontal lobe lobotomy" on me, so I remain cautiously optimistic that after a permanent stayfew weeks in a mental hospital state of the art rehabilitation center, I can go back to putting the fragments of my life back together.

Lark

After spiders and the idea of surviving in the after-effects of a nuclear holocaust, this is my 3rd biggest fear in life.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and heart racing like Usain Bolt during the final stretch of the hundred meter dash, thinking about me stupidly making a post somewhere about an ailment I've been afflicted with and someone from one of the various internet social outlets using this knowledge to triangulate my location and *gulp* steal my over-the-counter medicines.

Over the years I've tried lots of different forms of treatment to try to overcome this anxiety that is starting to impact my life both personally and professionally, included but not limited to: intense psychotherapy, pills, holistic medicine, and....* attention drifts as intense repressed traumatic memories begin to over overwhelm me * shock therapy.

I've been studied by some of the greatest minds in medicine, yet no one can seem to provide any real explanation or any long-term relief for this -- I've been told that they want to try new experimental procedure called a "frontal lobe lobotomy" on me, so I remain cautiously optimistic that after a permanent stayfew weeks in a mental hospital state of the art rehabilitation center, I can go back to putting the fragments of my life back together.

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No.

I did for a while about 15 yrs ago but they did nothing because I was not clinically depressed just in a shitty situation. I think it is sad that we just throw pills at everyone instead of trying to make life better for everyone.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes, I had postpartum depression after my first child was born. I was on them for about 18 months.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to but the side effects were becoming difficult to deal with and I started to feel like I was being gaslit on the good aspects of it.

I'd probably give medication a second try though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes...I take antidepressants, antianxiety and mood stabilizers along with adhd meds

They've made my life less of a burden to live and let me be human

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No and never will.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I take citalopram, which is an off-brand of celexa. I take 40 mg once a day. I take it for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

For the first few months that I was on this medication, I was dead tired ALL the time and it was awful. But eventually my body adjusted to them. They do help me a lot. I used to not be able to do things like drive places I'd never been or order my own food at restaurants. The medication did not "cure" me, but they have helped a lot, along with therapy. I started out on 20 mg, but it wasn't enough. I've been on it for over a year now.

If I don't take my medicine for a day or two, I'm usually okay. But after a few days of not taking it/forgetting to take it, my GAD flares up immensely. Medication is definitely not for everything, and it's not a cure-all. It works for some people and it doesn't for others because all of us are built pretty differently. In my case, it actually has helped a lot, and my symptoms of GAD become worse if I forget to take it before I even realize that that's why I've started feeling so shitty.

That being said, I don't want to be on this medication forever. The expense is not the problem - it's an off brand med, and with insurance is not even $5 a month. But, you know, it would be nice to not have to rely on it forever. The only prescription I want to be taking when I'm 40 is testosterone.

Citalopram is also commonly diagnosed for depression. I've had that as well, but I don't think I have it anymore, or if I do, it isn't nearly as bad.

My doctor did not prescribe the medication to me, or diagnose me with GAD, until I did the research on my own and approached her about it. I think that is a much better way to go about things, at least, if you aren't a hypochondriac (sorry smoo). We know our bodies better than anyone else ever will, even medical professionals. I knew I had GAD loooong before I got a diagnosis - the diagnosis did not suddenly made it real. It was always real. People should take initiative for their health problems and be more involved in choosing a route/direction for overcoming their problems. The most effective is usually a combination of meds and therapy. But it will be different for everyone. We need to be more hands-on in the treatment aspects of medical care.

Lark

I use this platform to open up and allow myself to be vulnerable here and you question my authenticity?

You've highly offended me and I bid you good day, sir. Good day.

Still dont know if you're being serious or not but I'm done posting. Will remember you too.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
About 4 years ago Falcarius was on antidepressants for 8 months. As well as anxiety medication about 6 years ago which he took for like three days before he got took off it as he had really bad side effects, it made him high as a kite and when it wore off he would just smash his head against random objects until he took more anxiety medication .

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I took antidepressant briefly when I was 16.