User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 25.00%
  • No

18 30.00%
  • Not anymore, but I have

21 35.00%
  • I would never

6 10.00%
123 Last

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Default Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

I think it's good to have a visual to make it more real and less of a stigma.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Likes Luminous, biohazard, Melodrama liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I take psych meds but not anti-depressents or anti-anxiety though i used to so i answered used to should've i answered yes? and i'm fine with people who do, they just didn't work for me
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Yuu, Frosty liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I take psych meds but not anti-depressents or anti-anxiety though i used to so i answered used to should've i answered yes? and i'm fine with people who do, they just didn't work for me
    For the purpose of the poll, "yes" would have been okay, but it is fine either way.
    Perpetual mood

Philip Trussell

Likes prplchknz liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Yeah I take psych meds but not for depression or anxiety.

But Ill put a yes

But tbh it doesnt really matter either way imo. Some people take them, some dont- its up to the individual and theres nothing wrong with either case imo.
    Likes Peter Deadpan, prplchknz liked this post

To survive in a conformist society hostile to individuation it is necessary to be depressed. So most of us regularly take s powerful depressant called alcohol.
    Likes magpie, Xann, JAVO, biohazard, Metis and 2 others liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    To survive in a conformist society hostile to individuation it is necessary to be depressed. So most of us regularly take s powerful depressant called alcohol.
    I can't even argue with this one, Mole. *pats Mole on back and calls him Chap*
    Perpetual mood

Philip Trussell

Likes Yama, biohazard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I can't even argue with this one, Mole. *pats Mole on back and calls him Chap*
    Yes, individuation brings exuberance. And exuberance is s direct threat to the necessary depression of the conformist.
    Likes Xann, JAVO, biohazard, Metis liked this post

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Dude, I'm not sure its a good idea to volunteer that information online, could make you a target for burglary as there's a black market in prescription medication, possibly a target for worse if it makes you vulnerable by way of medication induced sleeping etc.
    After spiders and the idea of surviving in the after-effects of a nuclear holocaust, this is my 3rd biggest fear in life.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and heart racing like Usain Bolt during the final stretch of the hundred meter dash, thinking about me stupidly making a post somewhere about an ailment I've been afflicted with and someone from one of the various internet social outlets using this knowledge to triangulate my location and *gulp* steal my over-the-counter medicines.

Over the years I've tried lots of different forms of treatment to try to overcome this anxiety that is starting to impact my life both personally and professionally, included but not limited to: intense psychotherapy, pills, holistic medicine, and....* attention drifts as intense repressed traumatic memories begin to over overwhelm me * shock therapy.

I've been studied by some of the greatest minds in medicine, yet no one can seem to provide any real explanation or any long-term relief for this -- I've been told that they want to try new experimental procedure called a "frontal lobe lobotomy" on me, so I remain cautiously optimistic that after a permanent stayfew weeks in a mental hospital state of the art rehabilitation center, I can go back to putting the fragments of my life back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    After spiders and the idea of surviving in the after-effects of a nuclear holocaust, this is my 3rd biggest fear in life.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and heart racing like Usain Bolt during the final stretch of the hundred meter dash, thinking about me stupidly making a post somewhere about an ailment I've been afflicted with and someone from one of the various internet social outlets using this knowledge to triangulate my location and *gulp* steal my over-the-counter medicines.

Over the years I've tried lots of different forms of treatment to try to overcome this anxiety that is starting to impact my life both personally and professionally, included but not limited to: intense psychotherapy, pills, holistic medicine, and....* attention drifts as intense repressed traumatic memories begin to over overwhelm me * shock therapy.

I've been studied by some of the greatest minds in medicine, yet no one can seem to provide any real explanation or any long-term relief for this -- I've been told that they want to try new experimental procedure called a "frontal lobe lobotomy" on me, so I remain cautiously optimistic that after a permanent stayfew weeks in a mental hospital state of the art rehabilitation center, I can go back to putting the fragments of my life back together.
    I'm not sure if you're joking or serious.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I'm not sure if you're joking or serious.
    I use this platform to open up and allow myself to be vulnerable here and you question my authenticity?

You've highly offended me and I bid you good day, sir. Good day.