• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

• Yes

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Not anymore, but I have

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • I would never

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not currently, but I probably should be (and eventually will probably retry once I figure out where my issue lies, it it's required of course).

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I find if I am depressed for months at a time, it means I have to start changing how I live my life in some way, even if I am unaware of what is causing the depression. The point is to force myself into a different perspective, which in turn gives me perspective about myself. I find depression usually to be a symptom of resignation due to a sense of hopelessness about something, so that's what I try to challenge.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
No. I find if I am depressed for months at a time, it means I have to start changing how I live my life in some way, even if I am unaware of what is causing the depression. The point is to force myself into a different perspective, which in turn gives me perspective about myself. I find depression usually to be a symptom of resignation due to a sense of hopelessness about something, so that's what I try to challenge.

^This.

In my case I think it's a mix of having depression as a comorbid symptom of ADHD (though the diagnoses was "possibly chronic depression") but also the tendency to ignore how my own thinking pattern and lifestyle influences my mood. For a long time I refused to believe that changing my lifestyle could in fact help me feel better.

There's a time I did take Abilify to deal with the mood swings but it made me feel extremely sleepy, couldn't walk more than 30 minutes,...

So a while ago I did finally try to change my lifestyle, get out of bed, to do things even when I 'do not feel like it' and it has helped me. Now I neglected the lifestyle part again for a while and I can already feel that it in fact, does influence my moods. The difficult part about changing your lifestyle is that it's a very slow process. The effects of it are not felt immediately. I think especially that is what makes it so hard for people to change and to continue to do so.
(Right now, I especially have difficulties again with 'where to start' because there is so much that needs to change. :'))

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh wow, been taking meds for 4 years now-

My thoughts:
Lexapro: Overall worked pretty well, I've taken it on and off for 4 years. It worked pretty well and stopped me from having panic attacks, but didn't stop intrusive thoughts. I stopped taking it because it made me want to throw up constantly.
Wellbutrin: Not that much different from Lexapro, tried it as an alternative for Lexapro but it didn't do much so switched back to Lexapro
Zoloft: It had the opposite effect and made me cry all the time and made me have
Code:
suicidal ideation.
I thought it was from the Maine shooting that I was so depressed, but I think if I was in the right state of mind I wouldn't have been so upset.
Prozac: The best one so far. It helps me focus and when I'm upset I feel like I can tackle it rather than let it consume me. It stops intrusive thoughts too and when I get them I'm able to channel it somewhere else. It makes me have bizarre dreams though? But I can't say no to a med that causes lucid dreaming.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I took none, yet I have 2 family members that took (and one of them hide it as a secret and doesn't know that I know). I, myself, just take a supplement that in Brazil is called 3-HTP, it helps depression but its not considered a MED.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to, and then I found out that something else was wrong with me.