User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 25.76%
  • No

20 30.30%
  • Not anymore, but I have

22 33.33%
  • I would never

7 10.61%
First 789

Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Not currently, but I probably should be (and eventually will probably retry once I figure out where my issue lies, it it's required of course).
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoxI | VLEF | FF Ti-Si SCPB |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

No. I find if I am depressed for months at a time, it means I have to start changing how I live my life in some way, even if I am unaware of what is causing the depression. The point is to force myself into a different perspective, which in turn gives me perspective about myself. I find depression usually to be a symptom of resignation due to a sense of hopelessness about something, so that's what I try to challenge.

Blessed With A Curse Schrödinger's Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleGirl17 View Post
    No. I find if I am depressed for months at a time, it means I have to start changing how I live my life in some way, even if I am unaware of what is causing the depression. The point is to force myself into a different perspective, which in turn gives me perspective about myself. I find depression usually to be a symptom of resignation due to a sense of hopelessness about something, so that's what I try to challenge.
    ^This.

In my case I think it's a mix of having depression as a comorbid symptom of ADHD (though the diagnoses was "possibly chronic depression") but also the tendency to ignore how my own thinking pattern and lifestyle influences my mood. For a long time I refused to believe that changing my lifestyle could in fact help me feel better.

There's a time I did take Abilify to deal with the mood swings but it made me feel extremely sleepy, couldn't walk more than 30 minutes,...

So a while ago I did finally try to change my lifestyle, get out of bed, to do things even when I 'do not feel like it' and it has helped me. Now I neglected the lifestyle part again for a while and I can already feel that it in fact, does influence my moods. The difficult part about changing your lifestyle is that it's a very slow process. The effects of it are not felt immediately. I think especially that is what makes it so hard for people to change and to continue to do so.
    (Right now, I especially have difficulties again with 'where to start' because there is so much that needs to change. :'))
    Until You Decide What Happens, Everything Is Happening At Once