User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 25.76%
  • No

20 30.30%
  • Not anymore, but I have

22 33.33%
  • I would never

7 10.61%
First 6789 Last

I'm still on 150mg bupropion (Wellbutrin), but it's such a low dose and I've come so far with my coping skills that I'm not sure how much it's helping. I also take 25mg CBD oil twice daily and supplement with vitamin D drops.

I can't say I'm "cured" or that there is even a cure for the pain and trauma that life inflicts upon us (that is after all the nature of scars, which we all bear to some extent), but the surface has healed enough so that I don't have to walk around hiding behind bandages worrying that the wound will seep through the edges.
    Likes Yuu liked this post

Also, I'd like to add that I think that some antidepressants work by numbing the ability to feel, which may be initially beneficial in a crisis, but after some time, if you are noticing a distinct inability to feel, I would consider a change in some direction as far as treatment goes.

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

I love my zoloft.
    нєισтяσριc
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

The main reason I am giving antidepressants a go to begin with, is because I have tried everything else. I got tired of putting up with it alone.

Now if only my therapy wasn't so awkward. I keep spacing what I want to say lol.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen, Hexcoder liked this post

My answer should change from "no, but used to" to "yes" but there's no way for me to change it.
    PHOENIX
    “But the worst enemy you can meet will always be yourself. ... You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame: how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

When I was 15 they put me on antidepressants. My father convinced me I didn't need them and it was just a matter of circumstance and willpower, so I came off of them. A few years later I got fired from my job for depression issues. Some years after that I learned I was bipolar all this time. I had tried to fight it all on my own for years, but nothing I did ever worked. Eventually I accepted the fact that my father was wrong and I needed help.
    PHOENIX
    “But the worst enemy you can meet will always be yourself. ... You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame: how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    946 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I started taking Lexapro yesterday(10 mg). I thought I was having a placebo effect at first because it started kicking in like 17 minutes after I took it, but naw. I definitely feel more placid, and it feels like my legs are being restrained? My anxiety makes me really hyper, but now I'm not feeling that same urge to run around for the most part. It's a weird feeling for sure, but it's not a bad one. We'll see how things play out in the long run.
    Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ ᴡᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ɪꜱ ᴅᴇᴀ
    ᴊᴏʜᴀʀɪi »»————«« ɴᴏʜᴀʀɪ
    Likes prplchknz, Luminous liked this post

Enneagram
    666 sp/sx

Therapists in the past have tried to get me to take it, but I've refused. I'm a bit afraid of any type of medicine and avoid taking it as much as possible. Also, I don't think anything can help me feel better at this point and I should probably stop trying.

I don't think there's anything wrong about taking it, I just don't think it's for me.

I've been off of medication for quite some time now. I prefer it this way because having only numbed access to my emotional states can be frustrating and counterproductive to healing trauma. I also think I was basically on a near placebo level dose anyway. I'm stubborn, and I never wanted to rely on medication, so I just stayed at 150 (I believe a standard dose of bupropion is 300 mg).

I just use full-spectrum CBD now and make sure I'm getting enough sun exposure or vitamin D supplement. Limiting alcohol helps, buuuut I'm not necessarily very successful in that department, consistently. I go in spurts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've been on hypnotics for years, since I was a teen, stopped taking them in december.
    Been on and off anxiolytics for the past 6 months, since I'm trying the mainly psychotherapeutic approach. I think I may be asking to switch to a more consistent pharmaceutic approach soon, though.
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w8 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.