User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you take antidepressants/anxiety medication? (anonymous poll)

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 25.00%
  • No

18 30.00%
  • Not anymore, but I have

21 35.00%
  • I would never

6 10.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

No and I never did.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

No.

I did for a while about 15 yrs ago but they did nothing because I was not clinically depressed just in a shitty situation. I think it is sad that we just throw pills at everyone instead of trying to make life better for everyone.
    Likes Chaotic Symphony, biohazard, Metis liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes, I had postpartum depression after my first child was born. I was on them for about 18 months.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Frosty, JocktheMotie liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    285 so/sp

I used to but the side effects were becoming difficult to deal with and I started to feel like I was being gaslit on the good aspects of it.

I'd probably give medication a second try though.

And I guess it's inflation, but damn it's hard to value my two cents
    As a kid I was idolizing millionaires and all the presidents

- Left at London
    Likes Frosty liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Yes...I take antidepressants, antianxiety and mood stabilizers along with adhd meds

They've made my life less of a burden to live and let me be human
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett
    Likes Frosty, Abcdenfp liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

No and never will.
    Likes Metis liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Yes, I take citalopram, which is an off-brand of celexa. I take 40 mg once a day. I take it for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

For the first few months that I was on this medication, I was dead tired ALL the time and it was awful. But eventually my body adjusted to them. They do help me a lot. I used to not be able to do things like drive places I'd never been or order my own food at restaurants. The medication did not "cure" me, but they have helped a lot, along with therapy. I started out on 20 mg, but it wasn't enough. I've been on it for over a year now.

If I don't take my medicine for a day or two, I'm usually okay. But after a few days of not taking it/forgetting to take it, my GAD flares up immensely. Medication is definitely not for everything, and it's not a cure-all. It works for some people and it doesn't for others because all of us are built pretty differently. In my case, it actually has helped a lot, and my symptoms of GAD become worse if I forget to take it before I even realize that that's why I've started feeling so shitty.

That being said, I don't want to be on this medication forever. The expense is not the problem - it's an off brand med, and with insurance is not even $5 a month. But, you know, it would be nice to not have to rely on it forever. The only prescription I want to be taking when I'm 40 is testosterone.

Citalopram is also commonly diagnosed for depression. I've had that as well, but I don't think I have it anymore, or if I do, it isn't nearly as bad.

My doctor did not prescribe the medication to me, or diagnose me with GAD, until I did the research on my own and approached her about it. I think that is a much better way to go about things, at least, if you aren't a hypochondriac (sorry smoo). We know our bodies better than anyone else ever will, even medical professionals. I knew I had GAD loooong before I got a diagnosis - the diagnosis did not suddenly made it real. It was always real. People should take initiative for their health problems and be more involved in choosing a route/direction for overcoming their problems. The most effective is usually a combination of meds and therapy. But it will be different for everyone. We need to be more hands-on in the treatment aspects of medical care.
    Likes prplchknz, Frosty, magpie, biohazard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I use this platform to open up and allow myself to be vulnerable here and you question my authenticity?

You've highly offended me and I bid you good day, sir. Good day.
    Still dont know if you're being serious or not but I'm done posting. Will remember you too.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

About 4 years ago Falcarius was on antidepressants for 8 months. As well as anxiety medication about 6 years ago which he took for like three days before he got took off it as he had really bad side effects, it made him high as a kite and when it wore off he would just smash his head against random objects until he took more anxiety medication .
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

Tempbanned

I took antidepressant briefly when I was 16.