User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Seeker View Post
    There are a lot of things, I really can't name them all...but my favorite is being able to explore the world cognitively with someone.
    When that can actually happen, it is a rare treat. A smorgasbord for someone who has been subsisting on granola bars and V8.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    Thank you for the post, those are some great ideas. The problem that I seem to encounter is that sometimes, when I ask a question, the answer I get is very short and then it falls into some kind of weird awkward limbo. This happens often enough that any chances of second session of small talk is out of the question. I seem to get most mileage out of somehow stumbling into "deep" conversations, but that is useless for networking and is extremely rare. Does that happen to you often, and what do you do about it?
    In such cases, you are probably talking to someone like me. I try to shut that sort of thing down quickly, unless I have some specific reason to pursue it. Now if you open with something more interesting than standard small talk, my curiosity is more likely to be piqued, and you will get a more substantive reply, with the likelihood of more.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 01-22-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

A break from my own mind.

My friends seem to find me entertaining but the truth is alone I bore myself to crazy town. Perhaps one day I will make up some friends.

Enneagram
    784 sx/so

I get high from interaction with certain people.
    They move me, inspire me, teach me things, make me laugh, change the way I look at certain things, it's a thrill to get to know them, understand how their minds work and connect with them on a deeper level.
    Frustrations from interacting with other people.
    They bring out a more agressive, angry side of myself. Darker aspects to light. A fuel for my cynicism. Eventually a reluctance to engage with them at all.
    And there are some people who bring out both the best and the worst.

Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w1

For me, it depends on the sphere of activity. Here (in VirtualLand) I love it; it's a room in which I can hover, overhear snippets of conversation and if there's something I think I can contribute to, well - have at it!

If you were to translate that into a Real Life equivalent - uh-uh. I can't do it, on any level.
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

What do I get out of socializing?

Let's see. With some people, everything clicks. Conversations are effortless, as if in some fantastic augury, they can mirror your soul, somehow. A word leads to another, your thoughts are unfolding naturally, the flow seems to be unstoppable, in alignment and synchronicity, immersed in an amazing orchestra of sounds, producing melodies unbeknownest to you, your senses are aware of every note as the stream of inspiration dissolves within. A wondrous marriage you and I cannot fathom, that leaves us prey to fruitless analysis, vain prodding, until we realize, it's not something we're bound to understand, it's something we should appreciate, and so, we let it be, we cherish that gift.
    Likes DulcetRefrain, Mesmeric_Moon liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

I also tend to enjoy expanding my perspective, sometimes I'm not very talkative at all when socializing, as it's often more rewarding for me to listen than speak...
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...
    Likes DulcetRefrain, Lark, Chaotic Symphony liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Burnt out.

What? It can't always be sunshine and daises...
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

But. After the burn out can come new vitalization.

I mean, I'm still an optimist.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Likes Bush liked this post

Remember, Humanity. A Radiant Dawn's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Grey Wizard View Post
    But. After the burn out can come new vitalization.

I mean, I'm still an optimist.
    We all know that Wizard gets chicks.

Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

Today is the beginning, and tomorrow is the beginning of everything else.

March on, life's too grand to let things get you down for long. It's a beautiful place and we're so blessed to be here.

I am a person of fortune and I must seek my fortune.

My blog

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

With me and friends it's mostly fun. We tend to undertake a lot of stuff together, a lot of walking around, going shopping, eating out, visiting musems, etc. Though that's stuff we do during summer, it's too cold in winter for that for the most part. So during the cold months we mostly visit each other at our places and what I get out of it is a nice chat with a lot of joking/goofing around. It honestly depends on the personality of the particular friend though, there are some I debate a lot of different things with, and others I mostly meet to undertake something and just have a good time.
    Scheiss di net an.
    Likes Amethyst Archon liked this post