123 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Default Whats your earliest memory?

How old were you?

Mine was on my fourth birthday. I remember riding in the car and telling myself in my jead again and again that I was FOUR! I was FOUR now!

I couldnt believe it for some reason. Super excited about it.

I have glimpses perhaps of earlier memories but thats my earliest clear memory.

How about you?
    Likes Neal Caffreynated, geedoenfj, Quick liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Being pushed around in a stroller, and then the following day being weened off it and crying walking around town because I wanted my stroller back. I was around 2. The memory is very patchy, but intact.
    Likes Frosty, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

I was in my home in southern florida, at the age of two, and was with a family friend and my mom, dad, and sister, and was eating kid's cuisine on a couch.
    Likes Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

I was 4-5 My parents fought a lot , I was going to preschool , I Had a pair of Dorothy red shoes I always wanted to wear to school , my teacher would beat me for being left handed and In the wrong colored shoes.. I'm still left handed and red is my favorite color

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Waking up on a very uncomfortable table with a painfully bright light in my eyes and a handful of adults talking over and touching me. I was a little confused and VERY tired. I just wanted to go back to sleep more than anything but they wouldn't leave me alone.

I was later told that I was three years old and it was the NIH research center. Most of my earliest memories are from that place..or the one in California.
    Likes magpie, biohazard, Frosty liked this post

My earliest memory is of a Midnight Mass celebration on Christmas Eve when I was 4 years old. Evidently my elderly babysitter, all dolled up, was sitting in a pew directly in front of us. However, to my dreamy eyes, she looked like (a poor man's) Cruella De Vil from the back and so, naturally, I yanked her hair as hard as I could. Unfortunately, the hair did not originate from her scalp and so it slid off her glistening chocolate dome like tender steak from a T-bone. She screamed. My mother slapped. Some gasped, others laughed. God was dead. Nonetheless, it was a festive holiday moment for all and to this day, I love having tons of Hershey kisses around Christmas time.
    Likes biohazard, Frosty, Peter Deadpan liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I can remember being in the womb and what my mom ate while pregnant with me.
    Likes Frosty, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w1

The earliest memory I have that can be played back like a video clip was of Bonfire night (or Guy Fawkes night, if that has more cultural resonance for the reader) in what must have been 1966. I'm guessing it was the first year my parents thought I was old enough to appreciate fireworks.

Our house was a Victorian terrace house in a small town about 30 minutes' train journey north of London. It was small and had no functional back garden, so we didn't have an actual bonfire. My parents had bought some sparklers and a small box of fireworks to let off in the back yard. Some bangers, a roman candle or two, some catherine wheels, and a couple of aeroplanes.

The makeshift display went fine until we got to the aeroplanes. My father lit one, and then the next thing I remember was he was hurtling towards me to push me into the house. Aeroplanes were so called because they had a cardboard wing attached to the firework, and they were notorious for not flying upward, but almost as soon as they were lit, setting off horizontally at great speed and in random directions. When I'd got over being terrified at my fathers behaviour, it turned out that the aeroplane in question had set off upwards and then almost immediately arced around and was heading towards us at high speed.

I don't remember ever having fireworks again, and to this day I'm really nervous about them.

Wild dingos on a white beach at Fraser Island.

I was playing in the sand alone. One crept towards me, snarling. My mother ran, and my father hit it with a fishing rod.

I can't quite remember if I was 2 or 3, though.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

I read online that most peoples earliest memory is around 3 and a half.

So... this seems to work out towards that really

Also. Would be really cool if we could keep the snarky joke memories out of my thread. I dont do that to other people so I would really appreciate if other people could not do that with me.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    I can remember being in the womb and what my mom ate while pregnant with me.

Thanks.