• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whats your earliest memory?

How old were you?

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My memory isn't that great, I only really remember unique times as opposed to specific times of my life. Many of my early memories are suppressed, I don't remember much of anything before 10. Just a few things. I remember I think I was 6, and my dad's (senior) cat passed away, and that was my first experience with death. He went in his sleep, I don't recall him ever being in pain. I remember really stupid things that happened in early childhood, like being 5 and seeing super mario 64 and being blown away, or trick or treating as a small child. I don't remember moving when I was 8, 200 miles away, and I don't remember any of my teachers or schools before 3rd grade. Very strange to me.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway, yeah. I can remember the tastes of the foods very vividly. How the green onions tasted, the chicken, the garlic, and the rice, etc. It's more so the flavors and stuff. IDK if she had alot of pasta or whatever. It's all been very sensory experiences for me before birth. I remember asking my mom what she craved during pregnancy when I was a teenager. She told me she loved Seasame chicken from the Chinese food place down the block and craved a lot of Burger King too. I didn't know this because she didn't eat Chinese food as often around me when I was a kid.

After that, I can remember my mom first giving me soy milk formula and how it tasted. It was pretty awful tbh. She couldn't breast feed me. I clearly remember hating the taste. I also remember my moms BF feeding me chocolate chip cookies and how they would get mushy in the OJ or milk I had. This was before 2. I remember trying to say my first words at 1 1/2 but I couldn't speak well. It was very emotionally traumatic for me. I had to go to speech therapy soon after. That's where I learned how to write and I was writing full sentences to communicate to others before the age of 3. I didn't speak my first full sentence till I was 4. I lacked a lot of developmental milestones because I was born with atypical Celiac disease and it stunted my growth and brain development. English is not my first language either, it's Spanish.

Anyway, this is a good gist of what I can remember. I don't care if it's not supported by science because they are my anecdotal experiences. There is a lot we don't know about infancy and childhood. Not having the science to back it doesn't make my experiences any less valid for me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a few really early memories and it's hard to discern when they were relative to each other. If I have to guess, I'd say my earliest memory is being in a crib, playing with a fuzzy, multicolored ball that had a bell inside it. I'd guess I was under two.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
taking a dump in my mom's bathroom when i was maybe 2-3 in the middle of the night but it wasn't really coming along so she offered me some laxatives, which i declined, so she read me a book from outside the bathroom door instead

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was in a high chair in the kitchen... my was doing something or other... not sure which was the very earliest, but there are two like that prior to my second birthday (which i recall a bit of)...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I was a few weeks / days old - my mother was putting antiseptic on my belly button as the remnants of my umbilical button hadn't healed fully yet. I remember hearing voices and recognizing my mother's voice among them outside the room before that. I was lying on my back. I don't recall seeing any colors, but the room was rather dark.

I described what i saw of the room (type of blinds, placement of door, window...) and the rest of the memory to my mother. She said it fits the layout of my baby room in the home i was born in - which we moved out of when i was a few months old and I have never seen a picture of. I also didn't know about the belly button healing / pushing in + reaaplying plaster thing before describing it to my mother (I couldn't really move much so I didn't see it but I recall the sensations )

Looking at this memory there's enough things I couldn't have 'made up' and had no other way of knowing so that I suspect it's a geniune memory. I mentioned it to my biology teacher when I was about 12 but he didn't believe me.

I have quite a few memories where I was crawling, so I suspect I must have been under 1. And alot of memories where I can compare my height to furniture that was at my parents place and couldn't have been more than 2-3. Hard to pinpoint exact age of course.

I also remember my first flight very clearly (I was 2) - my big mission was to escape to the bathroom, which was a land of mystery and wonders. People were running after me asnd saying things like "eck, nooo" etc. while I ignored them and ran away laughing. I also got a deck of cards from the airline.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have a few really early memories and it's hard to discern when they were relative to each other. If I have to guess, I'd say my earliest memory is being in a crib, playing with a fuzzy, multicolored ball that had a bell inside it. I'd guess I was under two.

on the other hand :coffee:

2F47E99A00000578-3356084-image-a-6_1449847692374.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I can't really remember much before 8-9 I'd say.

Although I recall putting a plastic pea up my nose as a child in nursery. I also remember my mum having a green three-wheeled car which had a dodgy gear stick.

A lot of the time though I get a feeling of uncomfortable sadness if I try to think on it too much. Not so much a longing or nostalgia, just feels like there's something there I'm not ready to deal with in some form or another.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3 years old. It was evening; the sky was dark blue. I was in a red wagon. My parents were pulling the wagon past my home town's bakery.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Laying on a blue flannel blanket on my back watching tree leaves dance above me as baseball was being broadcast somewhere on a nearby radio.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a very dim sense-memory of a door shutting at the top of a flight of dark stairs - and of knowing that I was supposed to go to sleep. I kept that memory without context for years, before my mom telling me that it was probably naptime at daycare.

Hah, sounds pretty intense now that I've written it out.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't remember what the very earliest was. Just some a few from the same age.

Falling off the top bunk of my bunk bed
Wanting to listen to my Barney tape and throwing a fit cuz my mom couldn't find it and made me watch jungle book instead but I wanted Barney
Running away from the dog we had back then because he was a herder and nipped at my heels. Climbed up a slide and hid there from him
Some kind of watergun fight at my pre school
Watching alice in wonderland every single day before preschool. I woke my parents up at 5 am to put it on for me
Watching barney on tv and then it ended and the news came on and the news was so boring. I didn't like the news

I remember my first nightmare. The appliances in the bathroom came alive and wanted to hurt me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was running around somewhere in Florida, likely Orlando or Miami. Likely outside my uncle's front lawn. It was so calm and bright that day.

Probably 4. But

I think there was one where I was much younger and I was resting on my parents bed face down... and another similar memory I was with my sister, we're both laying on the bed looking ahead.

I could still remember the cover of it. Black and pink roses.

I'm not ashamed to be the in the generation of having the Spice Girls being popular growing up.

In my mind it's very blurry, but I was around two years old. It was when I tumbled down the stairs of the apartment complex I lived in with my family. I remember losing my balance and then crying hysterically moments after I fell, ending up with a large bump on my forehead and my mom having to ice it for me. However, my earliest, vivid memories started when I was three.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my earliest memory was around my second birthday, I remember looking through the plastic of an oxygen tent. It could be a false memory though, based on stories i have been told

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
age 5, hiding under the table with my mom while the next door house is being destroyed by Serb artillery

equinoxx

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was four. I loved the book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and was sitting on the couch saying "chicka chicka chicka..." over and over again. It annoyed the hell out of my mom lol

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My earliest memory is not such a great one actually :doh: I was like two years old and I fell from my crib while trying to get out of it - I actually fell on my head, scared my Mom, brother and sister to death and ended up in hospital so not the coolest :newwink: But I still remember climbing out of it and when I was in the hospital and my Mom brought me some ice cream because hospital food was awful!
The second event I remember is a lot better though it was my first day of school and I had my first crush :D

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a couple of memories but I’m not sure which one of them were first, perhaps the first one because it was more blurry..

* At age of less than 3, perhaps 2 or 2 and a half staying aunt’s house while my parents where traveling, and I suppose I did struggle to sleep, so my aunt’s husband would take me to the home library, play with me, then tell me a story, while doing some paperwork, then I would fall asleep on him, my aunt actually has a picture of us both sleeping on the chair, and said that it became a habit of his to sleep on the chair while I’m sleeping on him :laugh: he was such a sweet man :)

*There’s an air raid alarm, my mom holding me and running down the stairs with many people rushing, I believe it was a shelter (This is my first vivid memory, I think I was 3 and few months).