0 0%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My memory isn't that great, I only really remember unique times as opposed to specific times of my life. Many of my early memories are suppressed, I don't remember much of anything before 10. Just a few things. I remember I think I was 6, and my dad's (senior) cat passed away, and that was my first experience with death. He went in his sleep, I don't recall him ever being in pain. I remember really stupid things that happened in early childhood, like being 5 and seeing super mario 64 and being blown away, or trick or treating as a small child. I don't remember moving when I was 8, 200 miles away, and I don't remember any of my teachers or schools before 3rd grade. Very strange to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes biohazard, magpie liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Anyway, yeah. I can remember the tastes of the foods very vividly. How the green onions tasted, the chicken, the garlic, and the rice, etc. It's more so the flavors and stuff. IDK if she had alot of pasta or whatever. It's all been very sensory experiences for me before birth. I remember asking my mom what she craved during pregnancy when I was a teenager. She told me she loved Seasame chicken from the Chinese food place down the block and craved a lot of Burger King too. I didn't know this because she didn't eat Chinese food as often around me when I was a kid.

After that, I can remember my mom first giving me soy milk formula and how it tasted. It was pretty awful tbh. She couldn't breast feed me. I clearly remember hating the taste. I also remember my moms BF feeding me chocolate chip cookies and how they would get mushy in the OJ or milk I had. This was before 2. I remember trying to say my first words at 1 1/2 but I couldn't speak well. It was very emotionally traumatic for me. I had to go to speech therapy soon after. That's where I learned how to write and I was writing full sentences to communicate to others before the age of 3. I didn't speak my first full sentence till I was 4. I lacked a lot of developmental milestones because I was born with atypical Celiac disease and it stunted my growth and brain development. English is not my first language either, it's Spanish.

Anyway, this is a good gist of what I can remember. I don't care if it's not supported by science because they are my anecdotal experiences. There is a lot we don't know about infancy and childhood. Not having the science to back it doesn't make my experiences any less valid for me.
    Likes magpie, DarkMin liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have a few really early memories and it's hard to discern when they were relative to each other. If I have to guess, I'd say my earliest memory is being in a crib, playing with a fuzzy, multicolored ball that had a bell inside it. I'd guess I was under two.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I asked "where I am"?"

johari
    nohari
    Likes magpie, biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    ??? sp/so

taking a dump in my mom's bathroom when i was maybe 2-3 in the middle of the night but it wasn't really coming along so she offered me some laxatives, which i declined, so she read me a book from outside the bathroom door instead
    Likes magpie, biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

i was in a high chair in the kitchen... my was doing something or other... not sure which was the very earliest, but there are two like that prior to my second birthday (which i recall a bit of)...
    A man said to the universe:
    “Sir, I exist!”
    “However,” replied the universe,
    “The fact has not created in me
    A sense of obligation."
    Likes biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I was a few weeks / days old - my mother was putting antiseptic on my belly button as the remnants of my umbilical button hadn't healed fully yet. I remember hearing voices and recognizing my mother's voice among them outside the room before that. I was lying on my back. I don't recall seeing any colors, but the room was rather dark.

I described what i saw of the room (type of blinds, placement of door, window...) and the rest of the memory to my mother. She said it fits the layout of my baby room in the home i was born in - which we moved out of when i was a few months old and I have never seen a picture of. I also didn't know about the belly button healing / pushing in + reaaplying plaster thing before describing it to my mother (I couldn't really move much so I didn't see it but I recall the sensations )

Looking at this memory there's enough things I couldn't have 'made up' and had no other way of knowing so that I suspect it's a geniune memory. I mentioned it to my biology teacher when I was about 12 but he didn't believe me.

I have quite a few memories where I was crawling, so I suspect I must have been under 1. And alot of memories where I can compare my height to furniture that was at my parents place and couldn't have been more than 2-3. Hard to pinpoint exact age of course.

I also remember my first flight very clearly (I was 2) - my big mission was to escape to the bathroom, which was a land of mystery and wonders. People were running after me asnd saying things like "eck, nooo" etc. while I ignored them and ran away laughing. I also got a deck of cards from the airline.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I have a few really early memories and it's hard to discern when they were relative to each other. If I have to guess, I'd say my earliest memory is being in a crib, playing with a fuzzy, multicolored ball that had a bell inside it. I'd guess I was under two.
    on the other hand

Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I can't really remember much before 8-9 I'd say.

Although I recall putting a plastic pea up my nose as a child in nursery. I also remember my mum having a green three-wheeled car which had a dodgy gear stick.

A lot of the time though I get a feeling of uncomfortable sadness if I try to think on it too much. Not so much a longing or nostalgia, just feels like there's something there I'm not ready to deal with in some form or another.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IxI Ni

3 years old. It was evening; the sky was dark blue. I was in a red wagon. My parents were pulling the wagon past my home town's bakery.