User Tag List

Permabanned

Default Individuation & Conformity

Individuation is our greatest achievement. And those who fail to individuate experience the deepest pain, down through the muscles and nerves, down through the bones, right down to the bone marrow.

The pain of such a major failure is too much. to bear, so we repress the unbearablr pain, and it is then experienced as ressentiment.

And so we seek comfort and consolation in conformity, and we disparage the individuated with an emotionally satisfying malice.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Mole, are you an artist?

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Well that sounds all too familiar around these parts. 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Individuation is our greatest achievement.
    Why do you say that?
    Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Individuation does not equal to isolation for most men inherently possess social incentives, so, if I was to generalise and I would be able so for a creature that desires individuation, the integration of the social incentives -therefore, conformity to a non-compulsive basis- to the psyche is also a crucial part of it, rather than a conflicting attitude. I think that your understanding of Jung is not as good as that you think it to be, and I definitely suggest a re-read, for being able to romanticise a concept in poetic mumbo-jumbo does not equate to a full comprehension of it.
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."
    Likes Lark liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Glados View Post
    Individuation does not equal to isolation for most men inherently possess social incentives, so, if I was to generalise and I would be able so for a creature that desires individuation, the integration of the social incentives -therefore, conformity to a non-compulsive basis- to the psyche is also a crucial part of it, rather than a conflicting attitude. I think that your understanding of Jung is not as good as that you think it to be, and I definitely suggest a re-read, for being able to romanticise a concept in poetic mumbo-jumbo does not equate to a full comprehension of it.
    We begin undifferentiated from our mother and very slowly we start to individuate from our mother with substitutes for our mother. Mbti is one such substitute on our path to individuation

We are extravagantly reluctant to leave our mother. It's called "Attachment Theory"..

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Being able to work with others as a social creature that relies upon responsibility & consideration yet remaining individuated, to see others and see ourselves clearly, is possibly one of the most difficult tasks for any human being.

But maybe one of the best for the individuals that ultimately make up our groups.
    Likes Mole liked this post