• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ and patience.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Regardless past a certain point I don't think it really matters except for E-bragging rights. I think some posters generally had good intentions though in their posts and the thread shouldn't devolve into another IQ raising, S bashing NT bragging battle.

I merely posted what my I.Q. was, which was done by a physcologist and I believe it costed $100.oo. Other people seemed to respond exactly how they wanted to, instead of on topic, which would have regarded something to do with patience and IQ.

Also noted, they do seem to be extremely impatient

Jon

MBTI Type
INTP
IQ and patience are not correlated. That's obvious in virtue of their respective definitions.

Moreover, intelligent people don't spend their time surfing online communities. If they did then they'd be less intelligent than they really are and, thus, not as intelligent as the people we're talking about (therefore not the people we're talking about).

The people we're talking about spend 1.5 hrs. per day exercising and the rest of the time either eating or exercising their mind (via intellectual problems). Their overall value is no higher than that of a person with enormous biceps. Really? It's true. No one body part is objectively more important than another. Body parts are only important if they do something (and their virtue would then lie in being able to do what they can do). Given that all body parts can do something, my ankle is just as important as my brain.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Personally I.Q. means almost nothing to me, there are just too many ways of testing it and no "official" way for it to hold much value to me. Ive personally never had mine tested and never intend to, I do feel I have a fairly high vocabulary and personally feel im quite intelligent compared to most of my peers. Concerning impatience, I have no patience in general so for me thats not a good way for me to personally determine if its associated with intelligence. Now ignorance is my biggest pet peeve though and can piss me off quite easily, but even genius' can be ignorant.

But your I.Q. does not impress me, and even if you are a genius I could care less. Actions speak louder than words.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Impatience is my biggest flaw next to eating and drinking too much. 147.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IQ = 140 (averaged from many respectable interwebz such as yourfreebullshit.info and boostmyego.org)

and while we're at it, ill throw in my SAT:
710 verbal

oh and how could I forget my SAT II:
740 some history shit

Oh shit!, I need to go dig up my standardized tests from 7th grade too, can you guys all wait for me to go tear through my parents attic?

oh and I got a smiley face + a "good job" on my 3rd grade spelling test for days of the week, months and seasons. (i remember it being on the fridge along with other cliche ego boosters that go on the avg-suburban-kitchen-fridge under a hello kitty magnet...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I got lots of "checks" and "pluses" in school. *pride*

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Perhaps alternate between beer and milk. (Bad idea if you don't know)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps alternate between beer and milk. (Bad idea if you don't know)

bad idea doesnt mean bad in practice.

im up for the experiment
....of course, i wont be the subject. we have rats for that sort of thing.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
bad idea doesnt mean bad in practice.

im up for the experiment
....of course, i wont be the subject. we have rats for that sort of thing.
But it's a horrible practice! In my reckless youth (Well, I was like 22...), a friend and I followed some drinking with bowls of ice cream. Not good.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But it's a horrible practice! In my reckless youth (Well, I was like 22...), a friend and I followed some drinking with bowls of ice cream. Not good.

aw, so the experiment has already been done. and how cost conscious of you...you were the experiment. For your sake I hope you dont end up running a pharmaceutical company haha

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IQ = 140 (averaged from many respectable interwebz such as yourfreebullshit.info and boostmyego.org)

and while we're at it, ill throw in my SAT:
710 verbal

oh and how could I forget my SAT II:
740 some history shit

Oh shit!, I need to go dig up my standardized tests from 7th grade too, can you guys all wait for me to go tear through my parents attic?

oh and I got a smiley face + a "good job" on my 3rd grade spelling test for days of the week, months and seasons. (i remember it being on the fridge along with other cliche ego boosters that go on the avg-suburban-kitchen-fridge under a hello kitty magnet...

i love you in the face and the butt
:hug:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hmmm, I always feel sorry for those that have high IQs and lack patience. Such a waste of talent.

More often than not, it's a matter of age, from my experience (especially for extraverted males). Even if I am still very young, I notice that I am a lot more patient than when I was 15-16. It has probably to do with testosterone levels slightly tapering off once one hits 18.

Cycling uphill for long routes has helped my concentration ability very much, too.

LucrativeSid

I think I'm pretty intelligent and I'm naturally impatient to the point of being called an asshole on a few occasions.

The first half of that sentence was me trying to be modest and the second half was me downgrading the truth. It's been more than on a few occasions.

In all honestly, though, I don't think losing my cool because I'm too impatient is very intelligent at all... I've consistently gotten better with this problem for the last two years or so. It's hard work, so I guess I'm not as smart as I wish I was.