• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ and patience.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
My IQ was rated at about 160, with my highest area being mathematics at 192 and my lowest being 96 in memory.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmmm, I always feel sorry for those that have high IQs and lack patience. Such a waste of talent.

I'd be curious to know which tests (Mensa aside, I know those) were taken to generate such IQs.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmmm, I always feel sorry for those that have high IQs and lack patience. Such a waste of talent.

I do hope this is not aimed at me, as it is close to my post.

I do have a considerable amount of patience, the only thing I do not have patience for is downright ignorance, such as religion.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I do have a considerable amount of patience, the only thing I do not have patience for is downright ignorance, such as religion.

It wasn't directed at you, but at the OP. However, thank you for the example!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd be curious to know which tests (Mensa aside, I know those) were taken to generate such IQs.

I'm interested too.

Especially for the ultra-high scorers, as the traditional Weschler (most commonly used test) ceilings at around 160 (with vast degradation over 130...).

It's statistically...impressive...that our little nook has attracted such brilliance.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My IQ is whatever Lucifer's is plus five, and I'm super patient to boot. Not saying I'm smart.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
My IQ is whatever Lucifer's is plus five, and I'm super patient to boot. Not saying I'm smart.

I'm just impressed that the testing center had enough historical scores within the 190 IQ range (in mathematics, no less) to make a specific numerical determination of 192 and not, say...195 or 190.

That's impressive.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm interested too.

Especially for the ultra-high scorers, as the traditional Weschler (most commonly used test) ceilings at around 160 (with vast degradation over 130...).

It's statistically...impressive...that our little nook has attracted such brilliance.

Not that unusual... doesn't really matter where you go, you always end up with a lot of high IQ people. They are just that common :newwink:

I have yet to meet anyone (in a social situation) who has taken a formal WAIS or KAIT test, especially as an adult. It's typically quite expensive and not really requested for any reason other than mensa or similar.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Not that unusual... doesn't really matter where you go, you always end up with a lot of high IQ people. They are just that common :newwink:

I have yet to meet anyone (in a social situation) who has taken a formal WAIS or KAIT test, especially as an adult. It's typically quite expensive and not really requested for any reason other than mensa or similar.

I don't know 'bout none of that. All I know is OKCupid told me I had an IQ of 140. Nothing else really matters!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm just impressed that the testing center had enough historical scores within the 190 IQ range (in mathematics, no less) to make a specific numerical determination of 192 and not, say...195 or 190.

That's impressive.

Well, surely it's clear that all.. uhh... 5? people in the world that would have 190ish live in the same area, yeesh :D

(FWIW, some of the less validated tests will skew up age scores, so it's possible that 160/similar would be skewed up that high. Kind of defeats the whole meaning of the score, eh?)

I don't know 'bout none of that. All I know is OKCupid told me I had an IQ of 140. Nothing else really matters!

Damn straight!

But the big question is, do you look down on those that aren't high-cupid scorers? :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm interested too.

Yeah, it seems like BS (and kind of is, in my case). The IQ I posted was from some test given to me by some school when I was little. I don't remember the name or what it was because I was like five years old (convenient, right?), so take my results with a HUGE grain of salt (although I looked at SAT and GRE to IQ conversion tables a while ago, and my scores put me in the range of 147, though I know Mensa doesn't accept those anymore since 2001). When I was ten or so, I did take one of the Stanford-Binet tests (stanford-binet 5, I think? I don't know) for another private school, and I got a 137. So to be more honest, that's my most recent score on one of the standard scales from an accepted test.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Oh - Orangey, I wasn't referring to you.

There was an outlandish score mentioned earlier; several sigmas above Mensa level.

FWIW, you seem highly intelligent. Whether that means you have a high IQ is somewhat incidental. ;)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Haha yeah. I'm assuming most people are basing their scores on earlier IQ tests that allowed for differentiated curriculums( gifted classes, grade skipping..etc).

In terms of my IQ I don't know that I could produce a number, but I know I always did well on the group tests that could correlate with IQs. Percentiles in the 90's in comprehension and math and also a couple of Chronological grades above average, I was always especially good at the comprehension part but I assume that was somewhat biased since I read far more than I should have when I was a little kid.

Regardless past a certain point I don't think it really matters except for E-bragging rights. I think some posters generally had good intentions though in their posts and the thread shouldn't devolve into another IQ raising, S bashing NT bragging battle. I think personally that being in the backseat of a conversation and just being able to flow and discuss with out frequent intermissions to back up and explain multiple times from multiple perspective is what Terian meant by patience. I think we can all agree that some people will generally not listen or reason unless you just so happen to tailor whatever your saying to there SPECIFIC unadaptable opinions and understanding.

Negative_

i'd say i have an average amount of patience...but it depends on the situation.

iq, dont know.
i dont trust online tests (seems like everyone scores way above average on those), and they wouldn't tell me the results of the one i got pulled outta class in 1st grade to take. i'm assuming it wasn't low, for the sake of my ego.