• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which of these Five Questions is True and which is False?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  1. To change the way people behave, you must first change their attitudes.
  2. The more you’re rewarded for an activity, the more you’ll enjoy it.
  3. When people decide things as a group, they usually make more moderate decisions than an individual deciding alone.
  4. If they are alone, people are less likely to help someone on the street who may be in trouble.
  5. On average, heterosexual men have more sexual partners than heterosexual women.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  3. When people decide things as a group, they usually make more moderate decisions than an individual deciding alone.
  4. If they are alone, people are less likely to help someone on the street who may be in trouble.
  5. On average, heterosexual men have more sexual partners than heterosexual women.

Oh, and please try not to cheat by googling the answer.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Five questions?
More like five statements.

1. Not necessarily.
  2. Depends on the individual.
  3. Moderate decisions in what sense?
  4. No, because: bystander effect.
  5. Probably true.

Eternal Harmony

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting questions. Sounds like a true/false test set, so it might be relative and up to the eyes of the beholder :)

1. No. It is not my job to change peoples attitudes. Everybody must change her/his attitudes for him-/herself. But I have to agree that you cannot change your behaviour without having changed your attitudes and values.
2. No, not exactly. It depends if you enjoy rewards or if you are not interested in. Sometimes people do actions from the heart on a selfless basis and they do not want a reward. But in most cases it can be said, that people awarded for their effort are more likely to make other efforts more voluntarily.
3. I think that you mean more moderate decisions in the sense of finding a mediating compromise on all parts. Yes, in a group you have partners, which need to be considered, each for their own, with all their single opinions that do not match all the time. You have to talk to come to a common agreement. As an individual you are deciding first for yourself, but even here you are not free to do or to decide without hurting the liberty of decision of others. In my eyes, regarding each aspect (in group or individual) you have to consider others in your decisions.
4. Here, I agree with you. Nowadays a lot of traps are placed for people who would like to help by criminals, so they are in fear when they are alone and less when they are in twos. But mostly people are blind-folded when something happened in the street like the three monkeys (not hear, not see, not talk) - because they are afraid of being endangered. But you need not endanger yourself. If you do, it is just so easy to grab your handy and dial the SOS or police. Even that can be called a great help without endangering yourself.
5. I do not agree on this one, because it is up to the individual and it is not up to gender.

Oh, does Google offer answers? But I guess that they as relative as mine are :D

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[*]To change the way people behave, you must first change their attitudes.
True for the most part.
[*]The more you’re rewarded for an activity, the more you’ll enjoy it.
Depends on how you're rewarded, but if it causes a dopamine response then true. Rewarded is a bit vague.
[*]When people decide things as a group, they usually make more moderate decisions than an individual deciding alone.
False?
[*]If they are alone, people are less likely to help someone on the street who may be in trouble.
False?
[*]On average, heterosexual men have more sexual partners than heterosexual women.
No idea honestly, probably false though.

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1–3 aren't even in the realm of truth/falsehood: the truth of the first two depends on the people to whom they are applied, and the meaning of "moderate" is somewhat subjective in this context.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1–3 aren't even in the realm of truth/falsehood: the truth of the first two depends on the people to whom they are applied, and the meaning of "moderate" is somewhat subjective in this context.

It's a forced choice questionnaire: true, or false. No in between. No ambiguity. No copping out.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a forced choice questionnaire: true, or false. No in between. No ambiguity. No copping out.

How much do you like young boys:
A) A lot.
B) Very much.

No copping out.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How much do you like young boys:
A) A lot.
B) Very much.

No copping out.

Good, now you can make a thread especially for yourself.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Make a thread.

No thanks, I'm good here. You're being resistant, with good reason. I'm just illustrating that nobody likes being railroaded by leading and fallacious questions, which is very much OT.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No thanks, I'm good here. You're being resistant, with good reason. I'm just illustrating that nobody likes being railroaded by leading and fallacious questions, which is very much OT.

Does "nobody" include the people who answered my quiz and then were messaged the correct answers in private?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does "nobody" include the people who answered my quiz and then were messaged the correct answers in private?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's nobody. ;)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now can you find someone else's thread to crash?

Actually, my apologies Mal, and thread. I just assumed this was some sort of political agenda BS, I can see now that it isn't necessarily that. I'll find another thread to crash.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, my apologies Mal, and thread. I just assumed this was some sort of political agenda BS, I can see now that it isn't necessarily that. I'll find another thread to crash.

This is general psychology. What is it with you and politics all the time?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is general psychology. What is it with you and politics all the time?

Hah, this response really gave me a chuckle. /Exits thread

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, this response really gave me a chuckle. /Exits thread

Yeah. I don't get it. I branch out into several subjects, not just politics 24/7.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Let's see...

1: No, you just have to change the situation, then someone's behaviour will change without any great shift in attitude.

2: I don't think so, though you will put up with more shit for greater reward. I've seen this in the workplace a number of times. In the end, though people usually prepared to pay for what they enjoy and expect to get paid for what they hate.

3: Tough one, but I'm going with no. I've observed that when people agree with each other, they tend to reinforce their own actions. Two people in agreement become braver than one person alone.

4: I've read about this one. Apparently the answer is yes. Rather sad, really.

5: Interesting question, from a mathematically point of view. If you are talking about a mean average, then no. Hetero men are mostly going to be having sex with hetero women, and vice versa, so the mean average should be very much the same, given a little confusion caused by heteros having sex with bisexuals. I don't think that would skew the averages much. However, if you are talking a median or modal answer, then the answers can very different. There are more female hetero sex workers than male hetero sex workers, and they have a number of partners much higher than the mean seen amongst other women. That would show up on a mean, but not a median or modal answer, so you can get different results for the two sexes using those sort of averages. Still, you did ask for a yes or no answer, so I'll go with yes.