• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which of these Five Questions is True and which is False?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. True
2. False
3. False
4. False
5. True

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. True
2. False
3. False
4. False
5. True

Sorry, I can only score your responses via PM or some other method than a forum reply.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  1. To change the way people behave, you must first change their attitudes.
  2. The more you’re rewarded for an activity, the more you’ll enjoy it.
  3. When people decide things as a group, they usually make more moderate decisions than an individual deciding alone.
  4. If they are alone, people are less likely to help someone on the street who may be in trouble.
  5. On average, heterosexual men have more sexual partners than heterosexual women.

1. The basis of all action is motivation/attitude. So yes, this is True.
2. Reward becomes meaningless after a certain amount, that doesn't improve enjoyment after a certain period. False.
3. I think a group's choices are very inconsistent, and not guaranteed to be moderate. False.
4. This depends too much on the individual. But there is a psychological phenomena that supports it. True.
5. Only due to social standards, but I think this is inaccurate. Maybe.

rav3n

1. True.
  2. Depends.
  3. Not necessarily.
  4. Not sure since people in a group tend to rely on others to take care of the problem. Abdication of responsibility, et al.
  5. True for Gen X and older generations. Millennials and Gen Z, can't say since I haven't read any statistics about their sexual habits.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
  3. When people decide things as a group, they usually make more moderate decisions than an individual deciding alone.
  4. If they are alone, people are less likely to help someone on the street who may be in trouble.
  5. On average, heterosexual men have more sexual partners than heterosexual women.

1. This question is a bit complex because it would depend on what exactly you mean by behaviour and attitude.

As an example to the contrary I would suggest this: suppose you hit someone's knee with that little hammer thing, and their leg springs up as a reflex. Now, suppose you keep doing that and the reflexive response becomes diminished. In that case, you've changed a behaviour, but have you changed an attitude? I don't think you have. So I would say that's false. I think there are many ways in which a behaviour can be changed where the change in attitude could only be explained rather abstrusely.

Generally (maybe), it's probably best to change attitudes first though.

2. That sounds intuitively false. If you're getting paid $1,000 for an hour of work, that doesn't mean you'll enjoy the work - actually it may be extra stressful - you'd just be more likely to do it.

3. That sounds intuitively false. After all, it's called mob mentality for a reason.

4. Depends on the situation. I've been in situations where each person expected the other to act rather than acting themself, so that hindered things getting done. I've also had my confidence greatly boosted by being around people I knew, so that I was able to step in and help in situations where I otherwise would have been too scared. So it depends on the person, the group, the situation etc. I don't want to make a claim either way.

[also there's a more logically based factor here - suppose the person only needs one person to help them. Then, if you're alone, that person has to be you, but if there are 10 people, then even if the person does get help, it's only from one of those ten, so on average each person was less likely to help. I instinctively interpreted the question as "a person is more likely to be helped if there is only one person around than if there is a group" and answered accordingly]

5. Assumptions regarding ambiguities in the question: we are speaking only of heterosexual pairs, and average means the mean.

So, we are referring to a man having sex with a woman. If this is a new encounter, then for each encounter, the count of male partners goes up by one, and the count of female partners goes up by one. As the numbers start at zero for each, this means that there are the same number of partners for both of the sexes.

However, there are slightly more females than males (51% versus 49% iirc) so therefore males have a greater average number of female sexual partners than females have male sexual partners.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'll take a shot at this

To change the way people behave, you must first change their attitudes. true
The more you’re rewarded for an activity, the more you’ll enjoy it. true
When people decide things as a group, they usually make more moderate decisions than an individual deciding alone. true
If they are alone, people are less likely to help someone on the street who may be in trouble. true
On average, heterosexual men have more sexual partners than heterosexual women. true

these are probably the typical/probable answers, anyway..,

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

1. Why do I do that? I am greatly respecting people who they are then fake ones.
2. I don't want reward as a stimulant for enjoyment.
3. If you have only one fool in group bye-bye reason. :cry:
4. I don't care about it.
5. Nah it is a natural thing.