User Tag List

View Poll Results: would you like someone to bring up religion if you're suicidal?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've been suicidal, no

25 60.98%
  • I've been suicidal,yes

6 14.63%
  • I've not been suicidal,no

6 14.63%
  • I've not been suicidal,yes

2 4.88%
  • I've been suicidal, I don't know

2 4.88%
  • I've not been suicidal, I don't know

0 0%
First 234

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    It would depend on the manner in which it was done. It would be helpful for me personally as long as the message was one of hope, not of scorn.
    Religion is all hope for me rather than scorn, although I know there is this other nasty version out there and it would seem lots of other people are more acquainted with it.

If you're suicidal and someone brings up Islam, you can at least be happy that you will get a harem of virgins just for you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

No, absolutley not.

As a content person, I am insulted enough when the mormans apply the “ Do you not believe in God because he let’s bad th8ngs happen?”

Ugh. No. I am not a weak willed person who needs to be comforted. I understand the world is a chaotic place abd shit just happens. I don’t need be coddled to deal with existence.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    461 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I do not appreciate people bringing up religion when I am suicidal, it is very unhelpful and rather irritating.
    4w3 6w5 1w9 ~ sp/sx ~ Melancholic ~ Slytherin ~ Chaotic Neutral

pull me down again and guide me into pain
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

I heard "You need Jesus" my entire life and don't want to hear it, why would I want to hear it again before I die? Religion is the majority of what fucked my life up so much with my current issues anyways, fuck religion. If I never got involved I'd be in a much better position right now.
    Fɪʀsᴛ sᴇᴇᴋ ɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ.

“Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀᴍᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʟᴏᴏᴍʏ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ sᴏʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ, ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟᴇss ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴜs, ᴄᴏɴᴄʟᴜsɪᴏɴs ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴜs ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴜɴɢᴜs: ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴏᴡ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴀᴢᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴜs, ᴍᴏʀᴏsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀʏ. Wᴏᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɪʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢʀᴏᴡ ɪɴ ʜɪᴍ.”

—Nɪᴇᴛᴢsᴄʜᴇ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I don't think I would care, because a person's intentions are still good. Even if it would do nothing for me, the prospect of future thinking and interactions with religion might distract me from my pain. Because if I really wanted to end it all, it would have to be after I have failed to embrace all other options for recovery.
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

I'm not religious, so no. My heart's already starting to race only by thinking about it. Good thing that most people here aren't religious. None of my close friends are.

If you see 'spirituality' as religion; then I could live with it. Depending on what they offer/say.

Though I think that a lot of people don't understand how suicidality works, what it feels like. I have been suicidal, still am from time to time. But even I forget what it felt like. I only know that it's horrible and that I don't want to feel it ever again.

Now for me personally, there are different types of suicidality. Not gonna explain them here because it's kinda offtopic. The one I experience the most is this slow 'chronic' one like depression. Dying seems fine to me but I won't put any effort in it.

Sung Jin-Woo; I think it's cool to be able to think like that. I personally don't care about someone's intentions. Because intent doesn't equal impact.
    I would rather see them as selfish and not empathic, because they obviously don't understand that it's not what you need right now. I would probably even disdain them for making such a stupid 'offer'.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

Tough to know if I've ever really been suicidal or not. I've convinced people that I was and spent time in hospitals because of it. But I think I couldn't go through with it because I'm too skeptical and fear there is nothing else. Why would I obliterate myself?