• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you've ever been suicidal would you've wanted someone to bring religion up

would you like someone to bring up religion if you're suicidal?

• I've been suicidal, no

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • I've been suicidal,yes

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I've not been suicidal,no

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • I've not been suicidal,yes

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I've been suicidal, I don't know

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I've not been suicidal, I don't know

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had people bring religion up during the times I was suicidal and it was probably one of the worse things they could do. I'm telling you I want to end my life and you're more concerned on whether or not my soul will end up in heaven or in hell than about the fact that I don't want to be here anymore? It makes me go mad honestly
I know that maybe some of the people who brought it up had good intentions, but I think it's very tactless to do it, or at least people that brought it up to me were tactless

Tanker64B

MBTI Type
INTP
I guess it could help some people, but not me. I mean, if these people live in their beautiful world in which there's a God caring for them and who will reward them with Heaven if they're good people, it's great for them... and I'm envious. But I don't believe in that, and when I'm through a difficult moment, I find it more insulting than anything.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably already answered, but no, I would not want someone to bring religion up. I think it is ethically wrong to do that when a person is in extreme emotional and psychological distress. They are not in a position to examine their inner constructs of reality and perhaps switch to a new philosophical construct. That is a crazy amount of pressure to put on someone and quite opportunistic imo because people might make an impulsive switch about beliefs exactly because their brain is short-circuiting. It would feel like psychological pressure and manipulation to me instead of love.