User Tag List

View Poll Results: would you like someone to bring up religion if you're suicidal?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've been suicidal, no

25 60.98%
  • I've been suicidal,yes

6 14.63%
  • I've not been suicidal,no

6 14.63%
  • I've not been suicidal,yes

2 4.88%
  • I've been suicidal, I don't know

2 4.88%
  • I've not been suicidal, I don't know

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Oh no I misunderstood the poll and voted wrong

It would not help me prpl, for the record.
    'Merica voted wrong. Wrong I tell you
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes prplchknz, Peter Deadpan liked this post

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

no, i'm agnostic at most and i dont appreciate agendas
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

MBTI
    yupp

I'm not suprised by the results, i think why it was so different in my class was because i live in the bible belt.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Yama liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

I've had someone bring up religion very unsuccessfully and offensively while I was suicidal and someone else bring it up in a way that was helpful when I was suicidal at a different point. So it depends on the suicidal person, the person bringing it up, how they go about it, and a lot of other factors.

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I've had someone bring up religion very unsuccessfully and offensively while I was suicidal and someone else bring it up in a way that was helpful when I was suicidal at a different point. So it depends on the suicidal person, the person bringing it up, how they go about it, and a lot of other factors.
    this.

I've been suicidal, and I had someone who brought God into it in a very loving, compassionate way which was helpful. I have no doubt though seen some people misguidedly bring God into it and do it in such an insensitive fashion that it just should not have happened.

So it vaires on person, how it is brought up, etc. Too many factors for a black and white answer.
    Likes magpie, prplchknz, Xann, Amethyst Archon liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Winter Dream View Post
    this.

I've been suicidal, and I had someone who brought God into it in a very loving, compassionate way which was helpful. I have no doubt though seen some people misguidedly bring God into it and do it in such an insensitive fashion that it just should not have happened.

So it vaires on person, how it is brought up, etc. Too many factors for a black and white answer.
    I'm not asking about other people, I'm asking about personally and that would fit with i don't know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Chaotic Symphony liked this post

Tempbanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm not asking about other people, I'm asking about personally and that would fit with i don't know.
    personally, my faith is a huge part of my life, so as long as it is done in a fair fashion I would appreciate someone bringing my faith into it.
    Likes magpie, prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Using your religion first and foremost is basically saying "I don't have the time to understand your issue so I'm just gonna treat you like I would everybody else, the way I want to treat you"

But it can be used well if you are a good person yourself.

What I'm saying is: don't be a copypasta, spamming the same message for everyone and not taking into account individuals

I'd much prefer that they listen and do something to safeguard than talk to me about religion or anything like that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I'm not religious in any way but I think I wouldn't be appalled if I can see someone bringing religion up not in a copypasta way like Terralynn mentioned, but because they genuinely want to help and hope this would help me. But even if that were the case, I wouldn't really know what to do with it. Honestly, I just can't believe in God, even if my life depended on it. To me it's always come across as a made-up story that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm a pure Atheist at heart and wouldn't want it any other way, really - so long story short, no. Then again I can't think of anything anyone could say to help me in that kind of situation. I dunno. With me it's like when I'm in huge crisis, I'm in huge crisis and noone can help me but myself. When it's not that serious a lot of friends/things can help, though and I must add, I'm really good at cheering myself up and battling my way through adversities, so I think it's not very likely I'll ever get into that serious situation.
    Scheiss di net an.
    Likes prplchknz, Amethyst Archon liked this post