• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mental illnesses and type.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I read enough to know that I'm not giving into your demands of five sentences about one stupid post I made.

I hope you understand that I didn't make you do anything. I didn't stand behind you with a pitchfork demanding that you analyze that thread. Hell, I didn't even ask you to analyze that thread. You did it yourself, of your own volition. If you benefitted, fine, if you wasted your own time, fine. But you can't blame it on me.

Yeah, I think INTJMom read a little too much into it... overanalyzed it, if you will. She was too fixated on the nature of the arguments and insisting on the original topic as the context to be used, when in fact the discussion topic had moved from that, without regard to the quality of the arguments associated with that movement.

It seemed to me that you were just making a silly comment about the thread's progression. Noting that the thread had come to be about whether Ts tended to be depressed, you joked that the thread itself was making you depressed...
Twisted it around, so that the thread was a cause of what was being discussed, rather than simply an attempt at describing/measuring it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If I had thought he was joking I wouldn't have cared so much.
I thought he was serious, and I cared about the pain I thought he was in.
I kept my promise.
I did what I said I would do.
That's all that's important.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If I had thought he was joking I wouldn't have cared so much.
I thought he was serious, and I cared about the pain I thought he was in.

1) I don't know if I'm ever entirely serious, particularly on this forum.

2) Even if that post was serious, I am one of those strange people whose pains are so fleeting anyway that reminding me of them in an attempt to 'help' just makes it worse by forcing me to stew in them.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
As an INFJ I have struggled greatly with a thing called the existential vacuum. Or rather, the vacuum or black hole of meaninglessness. I have also battled a severe eating disorder throughout my life and I know 4 other female INFJ's who have also.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
wanna really learn how mental illnessess and types work, read The Edge Effect by Eric Braverman.

if you do this might save you some time:

SJ -> GABA
SP -> serotonine
NT -> dopamine
NF -> acetylcholine

sorry for the spelling mistakes

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an INFJ I have struggled greatly with a thing called the existential vacuum. Or rather, the vacuum or black hole of meaninglessness. I have also battled a severe eating disorder throughout my life and I know 4 other female INFJ's who have also.

I read somewhere that female INFJs are the type most prone to anorexia. My guess would be that inferior Se can give a distorted body image. Combine this with Fe's desire to fit in and be accepted could lead to an eating disorder. I don't mean to trivialise a serious problem, but I do believe that personality factors are related to mental dysfunctions.

I am a male INFJ, and while I do not have an eating disorder, I am prone to bodily cravings when I get stressed (that damn Se again) and I probably have the potential for addictions. I also find it hard to see myself as others do.

sade

I've managed to avoid the existential vacuum (I do recognize what it is..), but that's mostly due to the fact that I've held a high believe to existentialism ever since 10 years old. Not that I knew the name for it then. I could tell you what I was seeing and thinking, remembering at the moment the realisation hit me.. I go back to it when ever I feel the lack of meaning.

Funny, I've also battled anorexia, still do. Even though it never was my main diagnosis, mine was EDNOS but I fit the anorexia almost perfectly. There's a long story behind how the eating disorder came to be.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I read something that stated INTs are most likely to be schizophrenic.

locke

MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually there is a website with this....

DELIVERY

INFP personality type

There's something funny about that site. Looks like they're listing the inverse of the auxiliary function as the dominant function... they're not minding their P's and J's. Either that or I've misunderstood something about cognitive functions.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I know three people with Autism/Aspergers, and they are INTP, ISTP, and ENFP. It seems like it would be less common for the SJ types.