User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Crying

Default Crying

Was wondering. Im not a big crier at all. I only do it when Im really overwhelmed or... sometimes randomly Ill shed a few tears at some sad commercial- while sort of making fun of myself at the same time as that happens?

But. I really rarely REALLY cry. Maybe a few times a year- and then usually its just BAD.

But some people cry a lot. I have an aunt who cries at some point just about every time I see her. So I was wondering other peoples experience with this.

Do you cry often? Do you think crying often is a good thing? A release? Or a problem? Or just how do you expereince it?
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

Bismuths Darling Prince Lord Lavender's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    479 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

He he he he he eh this is a hard question for me to answer since I am not very aware of my emotions . Hmmmm I tend to cry when I am very upset at something like remembering a long dead relative or pet or when I fall out with someone I hold dear. I also cry when I hear a song that reminds me of old times.
    Pisces Sun-Libra Moon-Libra Rising

Darker and Edgier

4w3 7w6 9w1
    Likes Frosty liked this post

Clean Slate

Times I cry:

* When pets die
    * When pets/random animals from movies/series die
    * (Not in years but it has happened) When I get so frustrated about something that hitting a pillow isn't enough. Then I cry myself to sleep and wake up just fine. But it's more like "on demand" as a therapeutic release of emotions. Then I go back to my usual neutrality towards everything.

But yeah, I'm not the crying type, when bad stuff happens I'd rather hit a tree with a bat than lie down in fetal position in the corner of a room with a box of Kleenex.
    Likes Frosty, Powehi liked this post

courage, dear heart ♥ DulcetRefrain's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I used to cry a lot, I was really sensitive growing up so something as simple as being around unfamiliar people would make me cry. After the crybaby phase went away, I'd cry like maybe once a week? I know that's really weird lol, but it was a therapeutic thing for me as a young teenager. Crying was a great release and I hate crying in front of people, so that time alone to just let everything out was helpful. Nowadays I don't cry as much, not because I don't want to per se, it just hasn't happened that much. The times that I do cry, it's usually from some work of art (film, music, etc.) or feeling empathy for another person I care about. I definitely think that crying is healthy, not something to stifle or prevent from happening. Sometimes it's the only way I know how to feel my emotions.
    I am no bird, and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will.

I was quiet, but I was not blind.
    I would always rather be happy than dignified.
    Likes Frosty liked this post

I cry all the time. It's funny because it's my natural reaction to basically any overwhelming emotion; sadness, frustration, stress, fear, happiness, gratitude, spiritual moments. I try really hard to hold it in and hate it when I feel it coming on in inappropriate settings (mainly at work cuz my job occasionally makes me cry because it's so stressful). But yes... I have started crying at doctor's appointments and other places I did not want to cry. I generally just pause and suck it back in, even with my intimates.
    Likes Cassandra, Frosty, xenaprincess liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The last time I cried is when I had to explain to my son that his grandfather was dead. His tears tore me apart.

I barely cried when my father died and I loved him dearly. For some reason I’ll find myself starting to get emotional when an animal is hurt more than with people and even then it’s maybe a tear or two. I guess years of boys don’t cry training worked their magic. I feel sadness but I don’t cry.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker
    Likes Yama, Frosty liked this post

Not as often as I used to. I usually only do so nowadays when I am PMSing, but it also happens once in a while if I'm in excruciating pain or if someone has deeply wounded my psyche. If I see or feel something that springs those emotions, then I'd probably start crying to let it out.

In general, I think crying is natural and healthy. Sometimes I think we repress our emotions a little too much to where they'd eventually erupt uncontrollably once it reaches its threshold, so it's probably good to let it out every so often. For me, I consider it a release. I mostly cry when I am by myself though, since I'm pretty good at maintaining self control in public. I always try to contain my tears when I can publicly because I hate showing myself in a vulnerable state among others and having the spotlight directed on me. But if I do somehow start crying with others around, it's extremely silent and I'm able to shield my face by looking away or pretending I'm doing something else like reading a book. And other times if I'm unable to get it out but desperately want to, I'll listen to a song that gets me emotional and then the tears would flow naturally.

Sometimes it just feels good to cry. It's like cleaning up the gunk inside and having yourself purified again. At least that's how I see it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I would cry over anything as a kid. I was the biggest crybaby. Thankfully I became more stoic as I had gotten older, but I still remain an HSP.
    Likes Frosty, Flâneuse, xenaprincess liked this post

Yeah. I always feel better after I have cried- it just takes a really long time for me to get to that point. Could be a typology thing- being a 9 and all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I cry all the time. It's funny because it's my natural reaction to basically any overwhelming emotion; sadness, frustration, stress, fear, happiness, gratitude, spiritual moments. I try really hard to hold it in and hate it when I feel it coming on in inappropriate settings (mainly at work cuz my job occasionally makes me cry because it's so stressful). But yes... I have started crying at doctor's appointments and other places I did not want to cry. I generally just pause and suck it back in, even with my intimates.
    This is basically me.
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Frosty liked this post