User Tag List

First 234

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I'm coming from a fairly specific experience.

But the answer has turned out to be never. Generally because it involves convincing other people of it's patterns for it be adopted as a useful metric for discussing issues with others (I'm coming from outside of forums or groups like this one). For a distanced observation in which a person might...say....fill in the blanks of behaviour with a best set explanation in a quick not-too-analytical and interpersonal-in-the-moment sense, it tends to be as good as most on that account, the account of best guesses.

On the other side of it I've definitely never had any single person give me a useful, meaningful or helpful (and any other adjective of that nature) interaction or set of information using typology (which is not to say I haven't got that from the people I've met on here) that comes across as harsher than I intend but it is accurate.

Particularly if it's from a personal assumption of what they think my type is, what they think their own is and how they believe that fits together.

It's just another kind of assumption surrounding behaviour and so far it's always been wrong, though I give a sliver of allowance that it could one day be right.

Mainly, the pattern I notice now, when you hollow it out, is people end up exchanging different content for the same feeling of certainty and being "right". I'm no less guilty in this respect and at the risk of accusations of projection: it's partly how I recognise it, however I can recall when I first clicked with typology and the elation of that epiphany, the feeling of 'rightness' that it brought was kind of addictive. Although I was never a prolific out and out typer, in fact I was always more interested in it as something that could tell me about myself (yes that is as stupid as it sounds). Later in another post-identity phase or rather the illusion trying to cover for another illusion, I thought about how easy it was to believe in something.

We seem to be somewhat hard-wired for it, to an extent, I mean we do it whenever we get up in the morning. And interestingly empiricism seems to be inherent too, we can credit our senses with that one.

Basically I knew I was dumb, but never sure how dumb. So I started to enjoy the breeze on my face; I stopped being mindful and started being worldful.

We live in a world of things and are made up of things, there's this perverse arrogance where we seem to assume sublimation of the things to our will, when really we're more like the subjects ourselves.

The greeks had it right with their concept of the muse.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I used to deduce others' types in real life. Not as much now, though I still guess Enneagram types.

It seems easier to figure out MBTIs with real people, and Enneagram types with online friends. I'm not sure why.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

I've been taught to worship a three headed God called the Trinity, and I apply this to life whenever I can, but it doesn't irritate people as much as applying mbti to them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I only use Typology as a possibility of why the person may be acting this way. It is never considered conclusive. Though a nice story isn’t bad to have in my mind in the meantime.

It is irritating to hear someone using Typology in me irl and actually turns to only learn a little and doesn’t even know enough about the dichotomy. Most horribly they don’t know what a cognitive function is.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so

I don't :P

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    :(: None

I read this as "How often do you apologize to life", oops.

Generally not a lot since I don't know that much about typology. I only force my closest friends to take the tests.
    When someone annoys me I might try to figure out which type they are, idk why. Also counts for the people I like.

I guess I'm still pretty selfish, most of the time I use it to read about me, myself and I. Even though it seems pretty cool to be able to have so much insight, to pay attention to what people do and that kind of stuff. Most of the time I'm in my own head so I don't always notice a lot.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I have been trying to identify others type, since the beginning I studied typology in 2014. I have been doing trial and error to exercise some unconscious dexterity of me in order to come up with the idea of ideal job for me. Somehow, the Hypersomnina I used to suffer from never relapse anymore when I began studying especially Jung's typology. I have been writing my memoir since 2014.

Enneagram
    853 sx/so

I tend to psychologically evaluate every person I meet, therefore MBTI/Enneagram has a valid place in my arsenal.
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."

Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I used to evaluate every single person I met, these days very rarely if ever.