• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When were you at your best?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
What was the best time of your life?

Either when the most positive happened- you felt the best- the time where if you could go back you would?

Or if you feel it hasnt happened yet- or cant think of a time- how about the time you are most looking forwards to? Some time in your life you WANT to happen or are planning to make happen?

Discuss if yoid like.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I was a kid. I was happier. I'm attempting to take control of my life, but I'm scared of how things will go.

I don't think I've experienced my actual best yet. I believe I will only feel that satisfied until I actually accomplish what I set out to do for myself. However, I have been in pretty good spirits for a while now, despite me not being in the best place at the moment. I'm not depressed and feel hopeful for what the future has to bring.

Although, I have had many joyful, wonderful moments when I was younger. I would say a few at the top of my mind were when I traveled abroad. Some of my most favorite life moments thus far have been when I explored a totally different culture to my own. I would go back to those moments in time in a heart beat. Also, playing with my two best friends; just being innocent children and fantasizing about different worlds we each explored together. I've had some of my most happiest moments with them in addition to other family members as well. In fact, I've actually just spent time with them a while ago, so today was pretty nice I suppose since I also haven't seen them in months.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe in grad school. I'm in a slump now, but hope the best is coming.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Either age 9, or now. I loved age 9 because I was so happy I would say all the time "I wish I could stay 9 forever!" Plus, my family did a bunch of really fun things that year, like go to Disneyland, Seattle, Yellowstone ... it was like, amazing!

I'd also go with now because ... I feel pretty happy right now, and am more secure in who I am than I was at 9.

I think I will be at my BEST best after I've graduated college because it's eating up my life right now. *chomp chomp*

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm....

The best time in my life? Tied between two periods of my life:

1) Right after I got out of the mental hospital the 2nd time after I was suicidal in my junior year of high school. I was on a set of meds that was working and I started to feel better about myself and my place in the world immediately...

....which was then proceeded by a WHOLE bunch of good stuff happening in my life: Got a girlfriend, graduated high school, made new friends in college and was doing stuff I really liked. Was an awesome 5 year or so period.

2) When I got into ballroom dancing and found out I was actually good at it. Did wonders for my self-esteem (which wasn't bad by any means but I hadn't thought of myself as an attractive person until then), and gave me an actual social life I could brag about. That was a good couple of years and was brought to an abrupt end when things with my ex went south BUT UNTIL THEN....it was pretty awesome

Edit: I was looking so far back I didn't consider what is truly the best time of my life now: Right now

Married to a wonderful woman, I'm a homeowner, and my business that I co-own is thriving. I have more money than I ever had and the future seems very, very bright :)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hm well I'd say these days I am at my best. I have a true friend, good grades, working on healing, and have the ability to stand up for myself finally.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Now, I'd say.

Childhood was like a nondescript series of impressions, warped by the unreliability of memory into something it isn't.

*EDIT*

There was a moment. I was in Wales, maybe 7-8 years of age, and playing in the hills near Tremadog at the climbing club hut (actually a giant farmhouse) my parents belonged to. And I was fighting with the bracken, using the hard root of an uprooted stalk to fight the others, swiping them down like they were interlopers to a kingdom.

And I found myself, later on, lying in the fields near Pant Ifan and watching the clouds wheel, and I remember being without the urge to cut one moment from another, instead I was so relaxed and part of the flow of reality instead of at odds with it. The strangeness of turning that into a moment to remember, when it was about not remembering at all.

I felt that impulse was important despite the unreliability of language to explain it and it's one of those realisations, amongst others, I've tried to reconcile for my entire life. I was at my best, because I wasn't trying to be anything else.

gromit

likes this
Interesting question. I'd say overall I've had ups and downs. I was at my best in terms of physical performance when I was a university athlete, although my lifestyle habits maybe weren't the best at that time. Since then I've been improving overall in those habits, but my level of training will never be that high again and my body will never be as young or resilient again.

Emotionally I'd say I'm also improving, although not at a current peak these days.

I think there will will always be ups and down, and in different areas of life. But I'm fairly satisfied overall.

Lark

I think its an interesting question too, I'm not sure that when I was at my best and when I was happiest are the same thing, not just because I think there's a great mixture of happiness and stress/sadness most of the time.

When I was at my happiest was probably when I was at university studying for a masters, I was really, really familiar with the core content of the course from years of my own reading and really enjoyed reading the set material, I think it would be a very different experience now too if I did it again, I remember some terrible blunders and social faux pas from that time in my life which I know I'd never repeat. It was a time of a sort of naive optimism too, a lot of trends which I have no time for had not yet begun in the wider world either. So that's different to being at my best.

I think I was my best years ago (not as far back as when I was a student), although I'm not sure whether or not my decline has been real or as big as sometimes I imagine its been, a lot has got to do with being older, being sicker (diabetes), being judged as a piece with a lot of others either my age or older, a lot of skills are perishable, learning/memory fades, especially when you've been contending with pretty taxing stress for a bit.

Lark

Interesting question. I'd say overall I've had ups and downs. I was at my best in terms of physical performance when I was a university athlete, although my lifestyle habits maybe weren't the best at that time. Since then I've been improving overall in those habits, but my level of training will never be that high again and my body will never be as young or resilient again.

Emotionally I'd say I'm also improving, although not at a current peak these days.

I think there will will always be ups and down, and in different areas of life. But I'm fairly satisfied overall.

I think along those lines too sometimes, I never was the athlete I could have been, as a result because of aging I've just had to recognise I missed that particular boat in terms of peak performance.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I always think I'm at my best, but then it just gets better. I try to look at my low points as learning experiences. I'd say right now that I'm working on myself and working on goals and the future looks amazingly bright. I love all you guys. Just hang in there !

FindingSolutions

After my parents had brought me into another city to live alone. Wheeeew I drove so hard and got so high and after a year
Im home again but thats just one thing at least that will happen so I can be at my best. Yet. I was so free and I even think bigger.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am always at my best, because I am always improving. I am my own project.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go back to when I was an infant. That's probably the best I'll ever be.