First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    Anger: Do you have anger and if you do, do you like it? How can it be leveled or kept in a balanced state? Does it fuel your drive or perhaps can you be prisoner to the emotion of anger? Why or how can anger be deadly or counter-productive? How does it get out of control? Do you have good anger management as well the needed deescalating skills in coping with your anger? How do you think your anger was made manifest? If given the circumstances your childhood was different, do you think you’d have less anger? "When another person is angry, one who remains mindful and calm acts for his own best interest and for the others interest, too." Buddha “Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” James Thurber "Choosing not to act on an angry impulse and to feel the pain that lies beneath it is a very courageous thing to do."~ Gary Zukav
    I have anger, I don't like it because it tends to sabotage the relationships I value so much with other people, it also gets in the way of me being able to communicate my nicer more thoughtful side with others. It definitely does feel good to let it out though, although I'm not a fan of uninhibited displays of anger for no reason as I am an intj and thus expect others/myself to have a good reason to express anger when anger is expressed, as I am aware of the potentially destructive/harmful nature of such displays.
    If my parents payed more attention to and valued more what I had to say when I was younger and aren't so judge mental about me being a little different I imagine I would have less anger. Considerably less anger. Also if they took my concerns more seriously instead of assuming I'm purposely doing it for attention when I would cry sometimes. In this way they were quite neglectful but I forgive them as I know they did their best as parents and sometimes that's all you can ask for I think
    Likes lightsun liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTP None

Also, my father is an ESTJ (they commonly display sadistic tendencies) and I think that contributed to my anger a good deal

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247 five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i usually turn anger back onto myself or at a larger non-person entity (like Society or some smaller subset thereof). i don't know if it's bad or good, but i've definitely worked on being less angry at myself without finding myself getting angry at others more often.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes The Cat, Galena liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Anger is not natural to my temperament, but I am capable of much greater anger than others can see externally. I can comprehend a great deal of the darker side of reality and human nature, and I can call up rage to match it in response, but I don't talk casually about it. It isn't a process I enjoy, and I don't like the feeling of anger, but it is an important response that I am capable of experiencing.
    bunny omi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoated 4 fun View Post
    Also, my father is an ESTJ (they commonly display sadistic tendencies) and I think that contributed to my anger a good deal
    I've found them to be bullies more than sadistic. They always back down when called out. Needless to say, they tend stick to bullying the weak and vulnerable. Not people who won't take their shit.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Scapegoated 4 fun liked this post

MBTI
    STP

No, i have my anger controlled to so it doesnt control me.

Uncontrolled anger and frustratiom ruins to many things.
    Likes Scapegoated 4 fun, geedoenfj liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

No, not at all. On the rare occasion that I do get angry and worked up, I get over it really quickly.. I find that most things are not worth my energy.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I didn't have anger Issues as a kid, I was happy go lucky for the most part. I often though adults were strange by what they did or said, I felt a lot of annoyance though, still do. As an Adult I do have some anger Issues, however not enough to have to put myself in check. What angers me, well honestly it takes a lot to get me angry, once I'm there you better move out of my way, I see red and my hearing is blank lol. People anger me, circumstances might anger me, it really does depend.

How do I ensure my level of anger will remain calm, I stay away from things that provoke me, people who provoke me, situations that provoke me.

My anger doesn't extend to things that are happening in the world like war or anything I can't change. Anything abusive with animals or children/elders anger me a lot. I don't flinch when I see things on TV that some people feel sad about etc. ( bombing/shootings in cities ect. )....I don't get myself worked up over things I have no control over.

When I'm at home or in my community I have no reason to ever feel anger. It's only when I surround myself online with strangers or allow things that will never be relevant in my reality that can annoy me. I've experienced more anger online than I have in the real world, the upside of it I have full control over what/who I will or won't allow to get in my head/heart in a virtual world.

All that said I think It's great to have a moment of rage, I actually enjoy it, weird huh ? I love releasing all that pressure, it feels so good to get it all out. I'm told I'm quite frightening and sexy at the same time when I'm angry, whateva
    Likes five sounds, lightsun liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

People need to use anger to do things, not throw it at others.

MBTI
    INFP

No, not at all, and when I get angry I usually just start crying.. so when I'm angry it just comes off as me being sad usually
    Likes five sounds, geedoenfj liked this post