• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Acceptance: Do you accept life's adversities, are you a fighter, pick + choose battle

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"We have no control over what another person thinks, feels or believes. They are entitled to their perspective. I will however maintain my personal boundaries. I will state my position. If the other dialogues in a reasonable manner then we may communicate however if they are irrational I will disengage first. If they cross a legal or professional boundary then I will hold them accountable to the proper authorities. "Our life is of balance and realizing duality of mind plus realism with the external world. A serenity prayer does apply now. We have to fight all the injustices of the world. To exaggerate we can’t sit in seemingly oblivion and accept what happens in the life we lead.

What about domestic violence? Just accept this? No of course not. There is need of critical thinking as well a problem solving solution to this problem.” “What is very Tao is learning to become one with the universe. Not fighting what you cannot change, it is a waste of energy and life force. Learn to be more accepting. It is a lesson to let go of one’s ego and transcend it. It is actually a learning exercise and can take a lifetime to master.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am unconvinced that there will ever be a time where you can't fight and get the results you want. Everyone has the power to bend fate to their own will. Nothing is stopping you except yourself. Push past and/or through anything that stops you from moving forward.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I accept almost everything, to be honest. Fighting just takes way too much effort and often has little to no effect.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
agree with above. i dont bother fighting cos it takes too much effort. i accept and adapt/adjust, then move on. fighting would probably be effective in many scenarios but i dont do it because i know i can survive without fighting and i dont want to waste the energy. the only good outcome of this is im now very aware of how much adversity i can withstand and still be okay so i dont get too wound up when i face adversity.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'A Lesson in Being Flexible Instead of Rigid'

"In order to change plus grow with new life experiences and not be overcome by life's adversities one must be as a bending Willow Tree. In a type parable a wind storm does come. The mighty Oak won't bend, so in this scenario will become wrecked. The Willow or more adapting personality will bend to weather the storm of life. It can adapt, change and incorporate brand new vistas of change. It does not take the position of always being right. Rather the Willow grows in the sunshine of change."

- - - Updated - - -

'Flexible'

"People who are resistant to change hold on resistant, underlying beliefs and act as a barrier to societal change. In order to change plus grow, evolving into a metaphorical phoenix and taking wing one must be as a bending Willow Tree. To choose to take the position of the mighty Oak Tree is to hold on to preconceived held notions and beliefs. These individuals are not willing to engage in rational dialogue nor entertain new ideas so as to effect changes with the coming of new circumstances and societal developments. It is in this rigid stance and not being open minded enough that they are analogous to the Oak tree. Change is ever moving as a rolling river. Invariably the individual not willing to change will be left behind in the mists of time.

In a type parable a wind storm does come. The mighty Oak won't bend, so in this scenario will become wrecked. The Willow shall duly bend to weather the storm of life. It can adapt, change and incorporate brand new ideas and concepts to keep up with vistas of change. The flexible, open minded, respectful and tolerant individual does not take the position of always being right. Rather they as the Willow grows in the sunshine of change. All the adversities of life will only give new lessons in ways of adapting to change. These visionaries, catalysts and agents of change cannot be shook or struck down as the rigid Oak tree. All the huffing and puffing of life brings will not inhibit the Willow approach individuals for long. These agents of change will continue in its invariable growth to maturity and trans-formative evolution of the human conscious."
- - - Updated - - -

'Going With the Flow of Life Instead of Fighting Reality'

“What is very Tao is learning to become one with the universe. Not fighting what you cannot change, it is a waste of energy and life. Learn to be more accepting. It is a lesson to let go of one’s ego and transcend it. It is actually a learning exercise and can take a lifetime to master.”

Raffaella

bon vivant
I bury my head in the sand! My philosophy is: if I can't see the problem, it won't hurt me! :smile:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To prevent is better than to cure.

It’s took me a while to understand that, but it’s now getting there

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fight, and the tricky thing is that at least in some areas, I don't care if fighting means suffering.

It is only by unconscious tells that I know I don't want to be this way forever. As in, as far as I know about myself, I don't want to stop fighting and will say so. However:

- I am irresistibly, up to the point of romantically, attracted to people who are genuinely great at accepting. I don't think they're wrong; I think they're beautiful.
- If someone very pointedly calls out my fight as not being good, in a way that speaks to my deeper values, I will disintegrate and frantically agree with them, feeling as if everything that was seen from me thus far was a lie. Because it was, but just as much because it wasn't.

Because of the point about suffering, and also because I am so strongly attached to certain goals that it interferes with my capacity to tolerate uncertainly, I am really hard to get through to about this. It might be that I want an agent of change that can forcibly overpower me, as opposed to cooperating with one that can't beat my will but is nonetheless right. That could be actually conditioning increased resistance to change, as being overpowered is unnecessarily painful and creates an association between change and pain.