• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meeting your clone... how does it feel?

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
If you were to be replicated, instantly, yielding an exact copy of yourself with the same memories and consciousness up to the moment of replication, how would it feel to meet and interact with the "other you"? This is assuming you meet immediately after replication, so neither of you would have had any unique memories or experiences.

I think it would be extremely uncomfortable for me, and freak me out. To meet someone who knew exactly everything that was in my head, and I theirs. And to see my likeness and mannerisms from the outside. It would feel like I had lost control of my reflection in the mirror. I always feel a little strange seeing myself on video, but I have a consciousness that it's a recording. This person would be live and interactive, self-aware, and aware of me. This physical perception is something identical twins experience, at least to some degree. But the thought of having an identical twin feels strange to me, too. But having a recently replicated copy, with replicated consciousness, really creeps me out.

How would you feel meeting a copy of yourself, memories and all? What would interacting with them be like?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sadly, I've actually considered this concept before :doh:

My thoughts were based somewhat on one of Grimm's Fairy Tales- I'd split from them, agreeing to meet up every year or so and see how our lives were going- if they were the same or different. That would be rather interesting to see :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cloning me would create an implosion of the Universe due to awesomeness overload.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More Pinks and Jayes?? :D wootwootwoot!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
uff that's a good idea, but a tough question

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
it would make doing work and such quite a bit easier. i too have thought of this on numerous occations

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
One of us would have to die. There can only be one me. :thelook:

Anyway, I'd be freaked out. I'd probably move to another country or another planet, excuse the encounter for lunacy and live the rest of my days in blissful denial.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I thought it through and I think, my clone and I would not recognize one or the other. We would just pass by, looking at the other that somewhat looks familiar and then we would go on doing what we are currently doing.

Like thinking about, why we constantly see people that look familiar

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
We'd probably hang out for a few hours, then part ways.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think I'd enjoy it.

Especially since there is no way we would act exactly the same- we would look alike and have the same genetic makeup but we would have different experiences which continuously alter our personalities every day.

I would get a little pissed off if we agreed on everything though. :steam:
I would brainwash my clone with conservative propaganda and then let the wars begin, :devil:

redacted

If you were to be replicated, instantly, yielding an exact copy of yourself with the same memories and consciousness up to the moment of replication, how would it feel to meet and interact with the "other you"? This is assuming you meet immediately after replication, so neither of you would have had any unique memories or experiences.

I think it would be extremely uncomfortable for me, and freak me out. To meet someone who knew exactly everything that was in my head, and I theirs. And to see my likeness and mannerisms from the outside. It would feel like I had lost control of my reflection in the mirror. I always feel a little strange seeing myself on video, but I have a consciousness that it's a recording. This person would be live and interactive, self-aware, and aware of me. This physical perception is something identical twins experience, at least to some degree. But the thought of having an identical twin feels strange to me, too. But having a recently replicated copy, with replicated consciousness, really creeps me out.

How would you feel meeting a copy of yourself, memories and all? What would interacting with them be like?

Oh man, I would love myself!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I met a guy that was almost my clone. Very similar face, very similar build, very similar way of talking, very similar interests, very similar way of dressing. We even had the same reactions to the same things, and similar musical taste, similar abilities, etc etc

It was...strange.

MBTI Type
INTJ
My guess is that it would be very disturbing and eventually damaging. I think we all have a self-image based on things internal, and we'd have the ability to examine ourselves externally. We wouldn't like what we'd see, mostly because it would be so bizzare and different than how we see ourselves. I think it would make me curl into a paralyzing episode of useless overanalysis. I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I met a guy that was almost my clone. Very similar face, very similar build, very similar way of talking, very similar interests, very similar way of dressing. We even had the same reactions to the same things, and similar musical taste, similar abilities, etc etc

It was...strange.

I've had a few similar experiences, where I just recognize myself in others, similar look and mannerisms. It's a little strange, but I'm still able to separate it from my own self-concept. Now, if I were to have a real clone, I"m sure it would end this way:

My guess is that it would be very disturbing and eventually damaging. I think we all have a self-image based on things internal, and we'd have the ability to examine ourselves externally. We wouldn't like what we'd see, mostly because it would be so bizzare and different than how we see ourselves. I think it would make me curl into a paralyzing episode of useless overanalysis. I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"

It's hard enough seeing myself on film. I think I would definitely overanalyze and nitpick a carbon copy of myself. Nowhere to run.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we would both want to sit together in silence in nature for a while to absorb the whole strangeness and figure out how to deal with it in our heads. Then I think we would have a reasonable discussion to sort it out and experiment with the implications of it.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
I would brainwash my clone with conservative propaganda and then let the wars begin, :devil:
You do understand, of course, that your clone would be doing the same to you?

Oh man, I would love myself!
literally or figuratively ;)
So would that be, like... transcendental masturbation? :huh:

(i am so, so sorry.)

I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"
Very well put.

I think I would definitely overanalyze and nitpick a carbon copy of myself. Nowhere to run.
And the best part is, the copy would be nitpicking you! :)

I think we would both want to...
Heh. I guess the "both" would be a given.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I would prefer to meet my clone when she is having a 'pretty' day.