• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meeting your clone... how does it feel?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
hee. No, I vants to look goooood, when I look at myself!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
If you were to be replicated, instantly, yielding an exact copy of yourself with the same memories and consciousness up to the moment of replication, how would it feel to meet and interact with the "other you"? This is assuming you meet immediately after replication, so neither of you would have had any unique memories or experiences.

I think it would be extremely uncomfortable for me, and freak me out. To meet someone who knew exactly everything that was in my head, and I theirs. And to see my likeness and mannerisms from the outside. It would feel like I had lost control of my reflection in the mirror. I always feel a little strange seeing myself on video, but I have a consciousness that it's a recording. This person would be live and interactive, self-aware, and aware of me. This physical perception is something identical twins experience, at least to some degree. But the thought of having an identical twin feels strange to me, too. But having a recently replicated copy, with replicated consciousness, really creeps me out.

How would you feel meeting a copy of yourself, memories and all? What would interacting with them be like?
Doppelgänger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you mean my multiple personalities don't count ?

redacted

literally or figuratively ;)

Literally, of course!

I think it would be weird, but also would make the hypothetical quest to self-actualization so much easier.

I need people to talk shit to me to get me to do shit. I also have a pretty good intuitive feel of people and what they need, so I could therapize the shit out of myself (and vice versa).

It'd be pretty crazy though.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
What do I think?
Awesome!! I was going to say we'd probably be inseparable, then realized that would drive us both nuts.

wolfy

awsm
That would be freaky. My first thought was I may have to kill it.
Secrets must stay secrets.

D

Dali

I had a fellow SP housemate, we got ALL each other's jokes and snide references. It was awesome. And then, after that, I met a fellow SFP. It was stunning at first the way we were very much in sync with one another but now I find her a bit too predictable (which, I assure you, no one else does) and boring.

I'm thinking a clone would bore me senseless in seconds.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If you were to be replicated, instantly, yielding an exact copy of yourself with the same memories and consciousness up to the moment of replication, how would it feel to meet and interact with the "other you"? This is assuming you meet immediately after replication, so neither of you would have had any unique memories or experiences.

I think it would be extremely uncomfortable for me, and freak me out. To meet someone who knew exactly everything that was in my head, and I theirs. And to see my likeness and mannerisms from the outside. It would feel like I had lost control of my reflection in the mirror. I always feel a little strange seeing myself on video, but I have a consciousness that it's a recording. This person would be live and interactive, self-aware, and aware of me. This physical perception is something identical twins experience, at least to some degree. But the thought of having an identical twin feels strange to me, too. But having a recently replicated copy, with replicated consciousness, really creeps me out.

How would you feel meeting a copy of yourself, memories and all? What would interacting with them be like?
It takes an INTP to think up something like this. :newwink:
Perhaps because of my enneagram 4 deep desire to be understood, I think I would like it. I think that's the whole thing of having a soul-mate... it's someone who knows and understands you to the very depths of your being... and who loves you unconditionally.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
This is what I'd like to happen:

I think it would be weird, but also would make the hypothetical quest to self-actualization so much easier.

I need people to talk shit to me to get me to do shit. I also have a pretty good intuitive feel of people and what they need, so I could therapize the shit out of myself (and vice versa).

It'd be pretty crazy though.

But I suspect it would be more like this:

My guess is that it would be very disturbing and eventually damaging. I think we all have a self-image based on things internal, and we'd have the ability to examine ourselves externally. We wouldn't like what we'd see, mostly because it would be so bizzare and different than how we see ourselves. I think it would make me curl into a paralyzing episode of useless overanalysis. I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Haha! I would like to think that once my clone is made that he will be completely independent of me in terms of future development.
If he's not- I don't think I want to meet my clone..

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
It would be nice to have someone to sit on the beach with. I seem to be the only one who enjoys it, because I'm always on my own.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It would be nice to have someone to sit on the beach with. I seem to be the only one who enjoys it, because I'm always on my own.
That's something I enjoy as well. :)

Atomic Fiend

I would kill him on sight. Right then without any hesistation.

I would feel no remorse, and have no second thoughts about it.

After reading certian comic books as a child, one of by biggest irrational fears is having to face a clone of myself.

What. An. Ordeal.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wrote an entire blog about cloning myself about 50 times. I wouldn't use them to interact with them, I would use them to do my bidding.

As a precaution, just in case my clones begin to do anything other than my bidding, I would implant pacemakers in all of them that are psychically linked to my brain. If they disobey me, then I would shut off their pacemakers with my mind and then they would have no choice.

The clones would also be outfitted not with my bone structure, but with bones made of titanium alloy, so that they will be more durable.

I also considered cloning a female version of myself. But I would have to program her so that she can't reproduce...I don't want to raise kids who are freaks. Oh yeah, and I think that I said she would have a fear of rat traps.

There are so many possibilities when it comes to cloning.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm guessing it would be quite boring to interact with my clone since I already interact with myself day in and day out.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh, probably plan a crime, with the perfect alibi.

That, or make a mad dash to the closest weapon. Aint' no way I'm splitting my life, and given that neither one of us would respect any fair way of determining who gets it, we either help each other get more when divided, or we kill each other.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
It would be totally foreign. I would use it as a chance to externally research myself. Exciting!