• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stalking

Headstrong

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not quite sure where to put this...but those who do it are messed up.

I was walking my brazilian mastiff "puppy" (60 lbs at 3.5 months, mind you) around town this morning and this guy came out of nowhere and started walking behind us. Not a big deal at first...just a bit startling. So we're taking some quieter, nicer side streets that run parallel to the main road. My dog keeps looking back at this guy and grunting. I'm just trying to get on with the walk. This guy follows us the whole time on the opposite side walk, just far back enough for it to look obvious that I'm watching him. I decided to head for the main road to get out in public. He continues to follow me and when I finally stop along the main street so I can get him in front of me, he comes to my side of the street, cuts across us maybe 6 feet away, into the street, and heads into town. I was royally freaked. He was an older guy, too. I reported the incident to the cops a bit afterwards, but honestly, where do people get off doing this kind of stuff? My gut (and my dog) say he was following me, so I'm not questioning that. I live in a relatively small, quiet town where not much happens crime wise. We have the usual sex offenders...one right down the street, but I never really expected this to happen. Doesn't help that I'm nearly 20 years old and look like Im 16.

So my question to you all is, have you ever been followed/stalked? What did you do? How did you react? What do you think goes on in the sick minds of those who commit these sort of acts?

I feel like my sense of personal security has been stolen. I hope Titan (my pup!) eats him or anyone else who even thinks about doing this again.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I welcome stalking...it's flattering when I'm being stalked by an attractive girl. It also gives me an excuse to call the cops!

EDIT: Have you ever heard of the search engine?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd love to be stalked. It would give me an incredible sense of self-worth. ;)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I was stalked by a girl in high school, she knew I would never be interested in her, but she still did it. She didn't do anything too crazy, but it was annoying. I imagine it is a lot less disturbing and threatening when a girl is the one doing it.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On the other hand, some people are just doing it for sport. Or prectice.
For those that watch the "Dexter" series it wouldn't be a surprise that the guy who plays "Dexter", Michael C. Hall, actually did a lot of stalking at night as practice before he started playing his role. Not that it's common with actors doing that particular thing, but I imagine many people think it is exciting to play "spy" or whatever it is they are doing. Most people are really childish :D Although there are lots of sick fucks, too.

Headstrong

MBTI Type
INTJ
Who were you walking with?

No one else. Did the "we're/we" confuse you? By that I meant my dog and I. You could probably make a case for including the guy in the "we," though, too. :laugh:

To everyone else: I'm sure a(n) (attractive) girl doing the stalking would be a better situation, maybe even enjoyable. Heck, I'd even go for an attractive guy. But alas, I got the male 55 year + variety.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was stalked by a girl in high school, she knew I would never be interested in her, but she still did it. She didn't do anything too crazy, but it was annoying. I imagine it is a lot less disturbing and threatening when a girl is the one doing it.

I envy you.

Exactly how attractive are you? And how attractive was she?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Exactly how attractive are you? And how attractive was she?

I think I'm fairly attractive, there is a pic of me in my profile uber ;).. the girl was not attractive at all and very overweight.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
No one else. Did the "we're/we" confuse you? By that I meant my dog and I. You could probably make a case for including the guy in the "we," though, too. :laugh:

To everyone else: I'm sure a(n) (attractive) girl doing the stalking would be a better situation, maybe even enjoyable. Heck, I'd even go for an attractive guy. But alas, I got the male 55 year + variety.

Oh, gotcha.

If you see him again, face him at 90 degree angle, put your hands on your hips and ask, WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?

Don't seem like easy prey.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Not quite sure where to put this...but those who do it are messed up.

I was walking my brazilian mastiff "puppy" (60 lbs at 3.5 months, mind you) around town this morning and this guy came out of nowhere and started walking behind us. Not a big deal at first...just a bit startling. So we're taking some quieter, nicer side streets that run parallel to the main road. My dog keeps looking back at this guy and grunting. I'm just trying to get on with the walk. This guy follows us the whole time on the opposite side walk, just far back enough for it to look obvious that I'm watching him. I decided to head for the main road to get out in public. He continues to follow me and when I finally stop along the main street so I can get him in front of me, he comes to my side of the street, cuts across us maybe 6 feet away, into the street, and heads into town. I was royally freaked. He was an older guy, too. I reported the incident to the cops a bit afterwards, but honestly, where do people get off doing this kind of stuff? My gut (and my dog) say he was following me, so I'm not questioning that. I live in a relatively small, quiet town where not much happens crime wise. We have the usual sex offenders...one right down the street, but I never really expected this to happen. Doesn't help that I'm nearly 20 years old and look like Im 16.

So my question to you all is, have you ever been followed/stalked? What did you do? How did you react? What do you think goes on in the sick minds of those who commit these sort of acts?

I feel like my sense of personal security has been stolen. I hope Titan (my pup!) eats him or anyone else who even thinks about doing this again.

Seriously, I don't get it either. I'm a university student and I was taking public transportation from school on a totally packed bus, and this old guy sits next to me and starts talking to me about waaay too much stuff. Freaks me the crap out. And after I get off the bus and try to scurry away, he keeps following me. I try to divert him and stuff, but I still need to go on a second bus home... I ended up taking a completely different bus to avoid him (after I saw him get on the bus I was supposed to go on). It was full daylight and there were tons of people, so I'm relieved about that, but I couldn't figure out why he would do that. He was telling me how his girlfriend left him, etc etc... probably wanted to creep some random girl out as revenge. I felt like taking a picture but felt it'd be too obvious, and I didn't really end up doing anything about it except telling my mom why she had to pick me up somewhere random.

Also another situation, it wasn't really stalking, but I knew this guy who was a tad too obsessed with me. It was DISTURBING. I get really easily disturbed in general if someone expresses some kind of possible unwanted interest in me, and this was too much. I was physically creeped out. My body was like 'nooooooooooo' *shudder*. I understand his situation more though because he was my age.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've never had an incident where someone was outright stalking me. I'm not even sure what I'd do if it did happen.. since I tend to be paranoid about silly stuff, people probably wouldn't believe me at first.

V

violaine

I've had weird encounters since I was about 15... it makes me feel the same way, once it gets past a certain point and it's pretty obvious that I'm uncomfortable, it makes me really angry... which is probably good cos I forget that I'm a bit scared. I keep pretty calm though, I don't think it's good to show fear. I think when it happens atm it's because it's just part of living in a big city... The last person caught me totally unawares. He was wearing a three piece suit and he started walking beside me and talking to me which is fine. But then he started in on my feet, and he wouldn't stop looking at my feet, pulled out a shoe catalogue and tried to get me to tell him what I'd like to wear! That is when things turned very icy from me... I was like ok gotta go now, bye, but he just kept walking along with me, wanted to know if I'd meet him that night, yeah right. Creepy. I'm sure some men who do stuff like that especially if it turns to stalking have compulsions they feel they can't control (which obviously doesn't make it ok).

And I think the ones that follow you but don't talk to you are a bit scarier, they seem predatory.

EDIT: Sorry... this was not a very helpful post - I agree with below, tell someone what happened etc. I would also vary my routine and dog-walking route...

Last edited:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
It's a scary feeling isn't it? A Harley dude followed me around on the road last week on his motor-bike for blocks/blocks. Frrreaked me out, but I kept my calm.

Next time anyone follows you around make sure to carry your cellphone/flash it in their face so they know you're about to dial (in my case, I couldn't dial 9-1-1 for whatever reason, but tried getting someone else to).

Since you were walking your doggy around, I'd try to quickly get to the most public area possible (preferably if it's around the neighborhood- go to the park where stroller-moms are at- hopefully they're quite aware as well)/get someone's attention. In my case, I went around in circles, then drove towards the local police station. He then got lost.

Sorry to hear about your incident. I'd recommend using a tazer-gun or pepper spray, if he's within distance (also make sure if it's required to have certification for these protective items, you're covered on that part as well). In my case, I had my car to protect me. Stay safe & good luck..

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm tiny, but not scared. I turn around and concentrate on every bit of repressed anger I have and ask them what in the the heck they think they're doing!
Okay, I haven't had to do this much......

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
There was a man in one place I worked who used to stare at me. I'd "feel" him before I even turned around and the hair would actually start to stand up on the back of my head. (Tees ignore that thing about the hair.)

I'd turn around and then he would slowly start to smile as though he knew my feelings state. Mucho creepy.

I just kept going about my business as, under the particular circumstances, it would have been difficult and probably problematic to acknowledge the situation.

Eventually he lost interest.

My opinion? He was "playing." Cute little game.

These guys get a sense of power trying to intimidate you. And you know what that means. . .

Headstrong

MBTI Type
INTJ
Next time anyone follows you around make sure to carry your cellphone/flash it in their face so they know you're about to dial (in my case, I couldn't dial 9-1-1 for whatever reason, but tried getting someone else to).

Since you were walking your doggy around, I'd try to quickly get to the most public area possible (preferably if it's around the neighborhood- go to the park where stroller-moms are at- hopefully they're quite aware as well)/get someone's attention. In my case, I went around in circles, then drove towards the local police station. He then got lost.

Sorry to hear about your incident. I'd recommend using a tazer-gun or pepper spray, if he's within distance (also make sure if it's required to have certification for these protective items, you're covered on that part as well). In my case, I had my car to protect me. Stay safe & good luck..

Cell phones are a must. I almost didn't take mine today, but fortunately I got off my lazy butt to find it and put it in my pocket. I did cut our usual route short and headed to the main street, which has a "music park" running along it. Unfortunately, no one ever uses it.

It was just a bit unnerving. I would not have been able to call the police and still remain aware of my surroundings. This guy was unreal...no matter how many times my dog and I sped up/slowed down for whatever the reason, he still kept the same distance away.

Thanks for the good wishes and I definately will stay safe(r). Good news for me is, once my mastiff grows up, he'll be 160+ lbs of mean, lean, stalker-eating machine. :laugh: He already knows the trouble-makers.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I had a mastiff as a kid and I would ride him like a pony. I'm 4'10''. It worked out fine. lol

In all seriousness, make sure your parents know. Don't go anywhere without them being aware of your location. Keeping your dog with you and your phone on you is good as you stated above. Stalkers are very creepy. It's better to be paranoid safe, than not safe enough. Good luck.