123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default Do you feel frustrated you cannot complete tasks as quickly as you can think about it

Do you feel frustrated you cannot complete tasks as quickly as you can think about them? I am constantly making plans for the future, but do not know which path is best, so I'm going the trial and error route. What frustrates me is I can't complete tasks immediately so I can see their results. I also feel like time is moving too quickly when I think of the past and moving too slow when I think of the future. Does anybody else relate?
    Likes Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

nope
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Absolutely. I also get frustrated that I start projects with lots of enthusiasm and am very gung-ho for a time,but then I lose interest when something else catches my eye or I can't get to the level of expertise I want quickly enough. I always hated this about myself and tried to change with very limited success until I realized that this is part of my personality type. I'm still working on this about myself though, because I don't feel that one should use the excuse of personality type to justify negative behavior. It just helps me understand myself a little better and cut myself some slack.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

We live in an instant gratification time right now and so I think a lot of people struggle with this. I find myself constantly thinking results will be immediate and I can become discouraged when they're not. Sucks.
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    Absolutely. I also get frustrated that I start projects with lots of enthusiasm and am very gung-ho for a time,but then I lose interest when something else catches my eye or I can't get to the level of expertise I want quickly enough. I always hated this about myself and tried to change with very limited success until I realized that this is part of my personality type. I'm still working on this about myself though, because I don't feel that one should use the excuse of personality type to justify negative behavior. It just helps me understand myself a little better and cut myself some slack.
    What type are you?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep2017 View Post
    We live in an instant gratification time right now and so I think a lot of people struggle with this. I find myself constantly thinking results will be immediate and I can become discouraged when they're not. Sucks.
    I do that too, come to think of it. The funny thing is, the OP was referring to career paths, but I am also frustrated I'm not Adonis after 3 days of diet and exercise.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    I do that too, come to think of it. The funny thing is, the OP was referring to career paths, but I am also frustrated I'm not Adonis after 3 days of diet and exercise.
    Haha! Yeah, diet and exercise are frustrating when it comes to results too.

But for me, I find this to be particularly familiar in my lifestyle. I got married young and that seemed to mentally age me by 10 years. I don't usually have friends my age because they're simply not where I am in life. And I don't mean that to sound boastful, it's just that I'm constantly criticizing my successes and never feeling like I'm accomplishing enough but when I stop to actually look around at what I've done, I think "damn...I've done things before 30 that others in their 40's are yet to do."

We can be our own worst critics. And I think it's a strong motivation that drives that need for assurance. I know people who are fine going through life not having a clue about anything. But I put a lot of pressure on myself to be further, to be wealthier, to have more, to further my education and job title. I guess I'm just gonna wrap this up by saying, I get it.

Do you feel frustrated you cannot complete tasks as quickly as you can think about them? I am constantly making plans for the future, but do not know which path is best, so I'm going the trial and error route. What frustrates me is I can't complete tasks immediately so I can see their results. I also feel like time is moving too quickly when I think of the past and moving too slow when I think of the future. Does anybody else relate?
    The secret is to live in the present and cultivate mindfulness. The world is surprisingly beautiful when we are present. It's like finding a lover who is always there waiting for us to stop and look, and how good it makes them feel. It is enough to forget yourself and fall in love with the world.

What type are you?
    INTP 5w4

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Yes, frequently.

Less frequently now.

But when it happens Ill think of something- move to do it- think of something else while Im doing that other thing- move to do the new thing- either end up forgetting the original thing or now struggling to balance multiple things- while also balancing the next new thing that has popped in my head- now either crumbling down in frustration or more likely struggling to end up doing a whole lot of nothing/lots of unfinished things.

But I really WANT to do all of them- I can see the end result- I just cant always get there before I want to do something else/get distracted.

My dad says Im a huge spaz. And thats why.