• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you feel frustrated you cannot complete tasks as quickly as you can think about it

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you feel frustrated you cannot complete tasks as quickly as you can think about them? I am constantly making plans for the future, but do not know which path is best, so I'm going the trial and error route. What frustrates me is I can't complete tasks immediately so I can see their results. I also feel like time is moving too quickly when I think of the past and moving too slow when I think of the future. Does anybody else relate?

INTerran

Absolutely. I also get frustrated that I start projects with lots of enthusiasm and am very gung-ho for a time,but then I lose interest when something else catches my eye or I can't get to the level of expertise I want quickly enough. I always hated this about myself and tried to change with very limited success until I realized that this is part of my personality type. I'm still working on this about myself though, because I don't feel that one should use the excuse of personality type to justify negative behavior. It just helps me understand myself a little better and cut myself some slack.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
We live in an instant gratification time right now and so I think a lot of people struggle with this. I find myself constantly thinking results will be immediate and I can become discouraged when they're not. Sucks.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Absolutely. I also get frustrated that I start projects with lots of enthusiasm and am very gung-ho for a time,but then I lose interest when something else catches my eye or I can't get to the level of expertise I want quickly enough. I always hated this about myself and tried to change with very limited success until I realized that this is part of my personality type. I'm still working on this about myself though, because I don't feel that one should use the excuse of personality type to justify negative behavior. It just helps me understand myself a little better and cut myself some slack.
What type are you?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We live in an instant gratification time right now and so I think a lot of people struggle with this. I find myself constantly thinking results will be immediate and I can become discouraged when they're not. Sucks.

I do that too, come to think of it. The funny thing is, the OP was referring to career paths, but I am also frustrated I'm not Adonis after 3 days of diet and exercise.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I do that too, come to think of it. The funny thing is, the OP was referring to career paths, but I am also frustrated I'm not Adonis after 3 days of diet and exercise.

Haha! Yeah, diet and exercise are frustrating when it comes to results too.

But for me, I find this to be particularly familiar in my lifestyle. I got married young and that seemed to mentally age me by 10 years. I don't usually have friends my age because they're simply not where I am in life. And I don't mean that to sound boastful, it's just that I'm constantly criticizing my successes and never feeling like I'm accomplishing enough but when I stop to actually look around at what I've done, I think "damn...I've done things before 30 that others in their 40's are yet to do."

We can be our own worst critics. And I think it's a strong motivation that drives that need for assurance. I know people who are fine going through life not having a clue about anything. But I put a lot of pressure on myself to be further, to be wealthier, to have more, to further my education and job title. I guess I'm just gonna wrap this up by saying, I get it.

Mole

Permabanned
Do you feel frustrated you cannot complete tasks as quickly as you can think about them? I am constantly making plans for the future, but do not know which path is best, so I'm going the trial and error route. What frustrates me is I can't complete tasks immediately so I can see their results. I also feel like time is moving too quickly when I think of the past and moving too slow when I think of the future. Does anybody else relate?

The secret is to live in the present and cultivate mindfulness. The world is surprisingly beautiful when we are present. It's like finding a lover who is always there waiting for us to stop and look, and how good it makes them feel. It is enough to forget yourself and fall in love with the world.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes, frequently.

Less frequently now.

But when it happens Ill think of something- move to do it- think of something else while Im doing that other thing- move to do the new thing- either end up forgetting the original thing or now struggling to balance multiple things- while also balancing the next new thing that has popped in my head- now either crumbling down in frustration or more likely struggling to end up doing a whole lot of nothing/lots of unfinished things.

But I really WANT to do all of them- I can see the end result- I just cant always get there before I want to do something else/get distracted.

My dad says Im a huge spaz. And thats why.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
... if i could complete tasks by just thinking about them i'd be a phd and a scholar and a gentleman

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No. This is something I had to cultivate as I got older. I put realistic time frames on most things. I've always had good focus but succumbed at one time to the urge to multi task. I refuse to do that now. If I make a goal, that I actually want to happen, I research what it will take, make the plan, then execute. My tolerance for half-assing is probably lower than it use to be and I'm very comfortable just saying goodbye to unproductive methods and people.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course we can think faster than we can complete tasks. I try not to be frustrated with it because it's so normal that it doesn't warrant frustration. It should be planned for. If it's a problem, I've managed the tasks wrong.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I can actually complete it. It always looks impossible but i always finish it xD

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope, i enjoy the journey

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, sometimes this is a problem. I can appear pretty idle and passive to outsiders but I think I have a very busy mind, sometimes so busy that I don't know how to jump into action or to turn plans into actions. I can also get sidetracked by tangential ideas, like for example, when I'm working on music, I can have a hard time staying on one idea because in my head I'm branching off into other sounds and ideas I want to try. It's really both a curse and a blessing because sometimes those unintended tangents or side paths can lead to really great results, but sometimes they can be dead ends.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not at all. Some days all tasks are thrown out with the bath water and I nap all day instead. 😂😆🛌🛏😪😊

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Not doing something at the speed of thought = my life.

I can do something at the speed of thought. Order a new sign for my business? At the speed of thought, yeah. But.. what bus should I take from airport to hotel? Now.. that doesn't happen at the speed of thought. It's slow.

Some customer orders a major variation on a business I've done before. Now... this doesn't happen at the speed of thought. It comes by slowly. So, most of the stuff I think of happen at a speed less than speed of the mind.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, sometimes this is a problem. I can appear pretty idle and passive to outsiders but I think I have a very busy mind, sometimes so busy that I don't know how to jump into action or to turn plans into actions. I can also get sidetracked by tangential ideas, like for example, when I'm working on music, I can have a hard time staying on one idea because in my head I'm branching off into other sounds and ideas I want to try. It's really both a curse and a blessing because sometimes those unintended tangents or side paths can lead to really great results, but sometimes they can be dead ends.
I'm the same way when being creative. It takes me a while to get anywhere, and I hit tons of dead ends, but sometimes I find the gold at the end of the rainbow.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. This thought process pops up when I'm severely depressed. I end up misjudging the amount of time it takes to finish a task but I end up slacking off. (And I still expect myself to get it done quickly.)